After 1 month: Russia, Ukraine, NATO, sanctions

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Chap
God

Re: After 1 month: Russia, Ukraine, NATO, sanctions

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:58 pm
the keystone pipeline would be completed,gas would still be $2/gallon,
What is the Keystone Pipeline for, Ajax?

What Is Keystone XL?
The Keystone XL pipeline extension, proposed by TC Energy (then TransCanada) in 2008, was initially designed to transport the planet’s dirtiest fossil fuel, tar sands oil, to market—and fast. As an expansion of the company’s existing Keystone Pipeline System, which has been operating since 2010 (and continues to send Canadian tar sands crude oil from Alberta to various processing hubs in the middle of the United States), the pipeline promised to dramatically increase capacity to process the 168 billion barrels of crude oil locked up under Canada’s boreal forest. It was expected to transport 830,000 barrels of Alberta tar sands oil per day to refineries on the Gulf Coast of Texas. From the refineries, the oil would be sent chiefly overseas—not to gasoline pumps in the United States.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:37 pm
Maybe Hannity is right. I do blame the Democrats for getting us into this situation. I tended to agree with Tulsi Gabbard that it was in the best interest of the world that Ukraine not attempt to fight a battle they can't win. Maybe it's best for the US to fight Russia on this. Maybe this war in the Ukraine is the foundation for deterrence going forward. But this is going to be very expensive and cause incredible hardship in so many ways. Imagine if this had happened during Trump's term. There would have been no talk of unity only an effort to undo the results of the election through any means possible.
Your reasoning is grotesque in the extreme. Putin and Putin alone is responsible for his decision to invade a sovereign state and commit war crimes therein. Putin is a murderous thug. Ukraine's refusal to bow down to a tyrant, to live free or die, is the very essence of the spirit the U.S.A. was founded upon. Your weakness in the face of authoritarianism is unworthy of your citizenship in this great nation. You make me ill.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Let's see, a fanatic with a dream to restore the 19th century Russian empire, and country number 1 surrenders without a fight. And so then Putin has Ukraine's economy, and their entire untouched military at his disposal. Who's next?
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:43 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Maybe Hannity is right. I do blame the Democrats for getting us into this situation. I tended to agree with Tulsi Gabbard that it was in the best interest of the world that Ukraine not attempt to fight a battle they can't win. Maybe it's best for the US to fight Russia on this. Maybe this war in the Ukraine is the foundation for deterrence going forward. But this is going to be very expensive and cause incredible hardship in so many ways. Imagine if this had happened during Trump's term. There would have been no talk of unity only an effort to undo the results of the election through any means possible.
Your reasoning is grotesque in the extreme. Putin and Putin alone is responsible for his decision to invade a sovereign state and commit war crimes therein. Putin is a murderous thug. Ukraine's refusal to bow down to a tyrant, to live free or die, is the very essence of the spirit the U.S.A. was founded upon. Your weakness in the face of authoritarianism is unworthy of your citizenship in this great nation. You make me ill.
If it were up to me you wouldn't be a part of my country either. But it's not. And as of now you haven't overturned the 1st amendment either. So I suggest you just scroll on and save yourself the heartburn.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 6:58 pm
Ajax, does it occur to you that all the consequences being realized we said would follow Trump running up the charges on the nations credit card, so to speak, is an indictment of Trump
The only running up of the credit card under Trump was due to the stupid COVID shutdown. Donald Trump didn't get us into war. He actually helped bring peace in the mideast. He renegotiated trade agreements in favor of American citizens. He did everything he could to enforce the border. He reduced unemployment and shrunk the welfare state.

Had he remained in office with a Republican controlled Congress, the keystone pipeline would be completed, gas would still be $2/gallon, our trade deficit with China would be shrinking, inflation would not be where it is, a merit based immigration system would be in place, the stock market would be up, Afghanistan would still be under American control, and Russia would have never dared to invade Ukraine.

You're so delusional it's not even funny. Trump ran trillion dollar deficits in every year, even before COVID. His trade war was idiotic and opposed by many Farmers who went bankrupt because of it.

Jesus H Crist you're still blathering about keystone? :lol:

You've been refuted on all of these talking points in the past but you refuse to accept facts and reality and prefer to live in the fantasy world of Brietbart.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 7:43 pm
ajax18 wrote:

Aaaand you're probably seeing what I've been putting up with for more than a decade now.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

ajax18 wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:34 pm
If it were up to me you wouldn't be a part of my country either. But it's not. And as of now you haven't overturned the 1st amendment either. So I suggest you just scroll on and save yourself the heartburn.
I don’t think you read and comprehended what I said. You are supporting a tyrant, and your position is inconsistent with the ideals and values upon which this nation was based. You do not live in the CSA. You live in the USA. Sure, you have a right to free speech, and I have a right to find your anti-American sentiments and preferences abhorrent, as well as share those observations about your disgusting thoughts with you.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 9:23 pm
Let's see, a fanatic with a dream to restore the 19th century Russian empire, and country number 1 surrenders without a fight. And so then Putin has Ukraine's economy, and their entire untouched military at his disposal. Who's next?
Seriously! People amaze me! They want Putin to succeed in his imperial goals? They want millions more to suffer under his yoke? Where do these people come from?
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Hey ajax, you said you'd deport Kish if you had the power. On what basis should he be deported?

He's not a fan of Biden and he's not black or Mexican. So what then?
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

K Graham wrote:
Sat Mar 26, 2022 10:00 pm
Hey ajax, you said you'd deport Kish if you had the power. On what basis should he be deported?

He's not a fan of Biden and he's not black or Mexican. So what then?
Perhaps the problem is my lack of love for ethno-nationalism and authoritarianism.