Bora Bora Tahiti

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
msnobody
Prophet

Re: Bora Bora Tahiti

Post by msnobody »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:52 pm
msnobody wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 11:42 pm

Chronic Myeloid leukemia
Tyrosine kinase inhibitor
I'm sorry to hear that there's no cure for your malady, and that you have to take the TKI the rest of your life. I hope it's not terribly expensive. Is it a sure way to keep the CML in check indefinitely, and does it cause serious side effects?
Aww. Thank you for your comment. So far I’ve been blessed with manufacturer patient copay card assistance with little if any out of pocket. Yes, no cure unfortunately. It is very effective at controlling the condition.
Side effects? Yes, mainly aches and pains. Sometimes my palms and soles of my feet burn, lips too. A cramp in my legs occasionally. Sometimes I feel like someone is sticking the corner of a razor blade in the white of my eye— it doesn’t feel nearly as bad as that sounds, and it occurs quickly and goes away quickly. Sometimes my fingernails feel too tight for my fingers. Fatigue and brain fog, but mostly near the end of the day. Hair texture is different. I’ve had none of the bad side effects thankfully like pleural effusions, etc. Overall, I’m doing well. I’ve tried three other TKI’s (Tasigna/nilotinib, Gleevec, and Sprycel). Sprycel and what I’m on now( Bosutinib), a low dose, has been the most tolerable of the four drugs.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 1:09 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 3:27 am
Why does it seem like I can't get a straight answer out of anyone on this board lately? My board experience is going down the tubes.
Aren't you the queen of not giving straight answers? :-)
No. I am only your queen of not giving straight answers because you troll me. And when I do give you a straight answer you troll me again by not acknowledging it.

Troll. 8-)
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

msnobody wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:55 pm
Aww. Thank you for your comment. So far I’ve been blessed with manufacturer patient copay card assistance with little if any out of pocket. Yes, no cure unfortunately. It is very effective at controlling the condition.
Side effects? Yes, mainly aches and pains. Sometimes my palms and soles of my feet burn, lips too. A cramp in my legs occasionally. Sometimes I feel like someone is sticking the corner of a razor blade in the white of my eye— it doesn’t feel nearly as bad as that sounds, and it occurs quickly and goes away quickly. Sometimes my fingernails feel too tight for my fingers. Fatigue and brain fog, but mostly near the end of the day. Hair texture is different. I’ve had none of the bad side effects thankfully like pleural effusions, etc. Overall, I’m doing well. I’ve tried three other TKI’s (Tasigna/nilotinib, Gleevec, and Sprycel). Sprycel and what I’m on now( Bosutinib), a low dose, has been the most tolerable of the four drugs.
Thank you for your informative response. I'm glad to see that you are not suffering worse than that, and hope that continues to be the case.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
msnobody
Prophet

Post by msnobody »

Gunnar wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:28 pm
msnobody wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:55 pm
Thank you for your informative response. I'm glad to see that you are not suffering worse than that, and hope that continues to be the case.
Thank you. November will be 9 years. I got to meet Kareem Abdul-Jabbar once at at CML event. That was pretty cool.
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7