Sex Offender thanks KBJ for 3 month sentence

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Sex Offender thanks KBJ for 3 month sentence

Post by ajax18 »

Perhaps Scott Smith's daughter being raped in the girls bathroom by a boy in a skirt was an important fact that was omitted. If Scott Smith were black and the transgender rapist were a southern white boy with a MAGA hat you'd be celebrating Scott Smith killing the rapist the way we do in books like John Grisham's 'A time to kill." Disorderly conduct at a school board meeting got him 2 weeks more in jail than Carl Haley ever got.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:58 am
Perhaps Scott Smith's daughter being raped in the girls bathroom by a boy in a skirt was an important fact that was omitted. If Scott Smith were black and the transgender rapist were a southern white boy with a MAGA hat you'd be celebrating Scott Smith killing the rapist the way we do in books like John Grisham's 'A time to kill." Disorderly conduct at a school board meeting got him 2 weeks more in jail than Carl Haley ever got.

“In October, the mother of the convicted boy revealed her son doesn't identify as a female, and that his skirt was a disguise to slip into the girl's bathroom.”

Maybe this fellow isn’t a transgender rapist. Maybe this fellow is just a rapist.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... enced.html
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Horse puckey, Ajax. Don't attribute your desire to inflict harm to fellow humans on to me. I have no patience for people who take the law into their own hands, regardless of politics. John Grisham writes FICTION Ajax. Is your outrage addition so out of control that you've lost the ability to tell the difference between an novel and real life? Carl Haley is not a real person. He's a character in a novel. It's bad enough when you cherry pick a couple of cases to make broad, ugly generalizations. But now you're comparing real life to a a fictional character.

Seriously, sustaining this level of outrage isn't healthy.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:25 am
ajax18 wrote:

“In October, the mother of the convicted boy revealed her son doesn't identify as a female, and that his skirt was a disguise to slip into the girl's bathroom.”

Maybe this fellow isn’t a transgender rapist. Maybe this fellow is just a rapist.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... enced.html
OMG, so not raped by a trans woman. Just a rapist in disguise.
he/him

Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:55 am
My understanding is that this kind of thing is at the heart of parental concern regarding the bathroom issue. Boys pretending to be trans to get access to girls.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:54 am
ajax18 wrote:
Horse puckey, Ajax. Don't attribute your desire to inflict harm to fellow humans on to me. I have no patience for people who take the law into their own hands, regardless of politics. John Grisham writes FICTION Ajax. Is your outrage addition so out of control that you've lost the ability to tell the difference between an novel and real life? Carl Haley is not a real person. He's a character in a novel. It's bad enough when you cherry pick a couple of cases to make broad, ugly generalizations. But now you're comparing real life to a a fictional character.

Seriously, sustaining this level of outrage isn't healthy.
Fiction still often represents popular sentiments, attitudes and view of justice in a target audience,.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:41 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:55 am
My understanding is that this kind of thing is at the heart of parental concern regarding the bathroom issue. Boys pretending to be trans to get access to girls.

Could be. But that’s not the fault of transgender folks nor even necessarily school officials trying to accommodate them any more so than with cisgender folks. The root issue is safety. Rape and assault doesn’t stop happening because the perp can’t slip into a skirt and pretend that they should be using the women’s restroom.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:58 am
Fiction still often represents popular sentiments, attitudes and view of justice in a target audience,.
And you personify this.

Irony overload.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:41 pm
Could be. But that’s not the fault of transgender folks nor even necessarily school officials trying to accommodate them any more so than with cisgender folks. The root issue is safety. Rape and assault doesn’t stop happening because the perp can’t slip into a skirt and pretend that they should be using the women’s restroom.
And this is part of the problem. In terms of reason, I can't disagree with you. You want a rational argument to be satisfactory to address the problem. If the core of the issue for these people were their rational calculation of risk, your position would have already convinced everyone. The problem is not the actual risk involved, but the visceral sense some people have that the mixing of two natural gender categories is unacceptable, even disgusting, in their minds and hearts. They see two genders, and they see those genders fitting into two categories, and they don't see why it is that everything has to be changed to ruin what they see as natural, correct, and divinely ordained and instead turn it topsy-turvy.

This is what makes Ajax's work easy for him. There is actually a sizable portion of the population that feels this way, and they do so sincerely.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:41 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:41 am

After Kish's last comment to me, I took a closer look. If I'm understanding the articles, it sounds like the rapist and the victim had consensual sex a couple of times before the rape in the girl's restroom. The rapist apparently said at some point that he was pan-sexual. He was know around school as the guy who wears skirts, because he would dress in a skirt sometimes.

He was transferred to another school, where he also raped a girl. But that incident is described as him pulling her into an office, not raping her in the restroom.

I think it's completely understandable for parent's to be concerned about a child's safety. On the other hand, if a boy decides to rape a girl, it's not that hard to find a setting (like an empty office) to do it in. And, unless there are guard's stationed at the restrooms, a boy doesn't need to wear a skirt as a disguise to sneak into the girl's restroom unobserved. It's an unusual and complicated set of facts, which got turned into being about restroom use by transgender girls.
he/him