Sex Offender thanks KBJ for 3 month sentence

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Sex Offender thanks KBJ for 3 month sentence

Post by Res Ipsa »

Kishkumen wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:11 pm
canpakes wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:41 pm
Could be. But that’s not the fault of transgender folks nor even necessarily school officials trying to accommodate them any more so than with cisgender folks. The root issue is safety. Rape and assault doesn’t stop happening because the perp can’t slip into a skirt and pretend that they should be using the women’s restroom.
And this is part of the problem. In terms of reason, I can't disagree with you. You want a rational argument to be satisfactory to address the problem. If the core of the issue for these people were their rational calculation of risk, your position would have already convinced everyone. The problem is not the actual risk involved, but the visceral sense some people have that the mixing of two natural gender categories is unacceptable, even disgusting, in their minds and hearts. They see two genders, and they see those genders fitting into two categories, and they don't see why it is that everything has to be changed to ruin what they see as natural, correct, and divinely ordained and instead turn it topsy-turvy.

This is what makes Ajax's work easy for him. There is actually a sizable portion of the population that feels this way, and they do so sincerely.
Well put, Reverend.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Wonder if Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson will be looking into the orgies and cocaine parties that Rep. Madison Cawthorn says are happening all the time among Congressional Republicans. Since they are Republicans, do you think it will involve young male Senate pages whom the Republican legislators had gotten high on cocaine? Don't suppose they invited Rep. Matt Gaetz who would have brought girls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es9GbT7yp-g
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Analytics
Elder

Post by Analytics »

Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:24 pm
When it comes to treasonous action, however, I say prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. Your disingenuous attempts to pass off as peaceful the group that beat and killed police officers in an attempt to overthrow an election that was both lawful and stood up to scrutiny multiple times is disgusting.
+1,000,000
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Analytics wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:42 pm
Kishkumen wrote:
Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:24 pm
When it comes to treasonous action, however, I say prosecute them to the fullest extent of the law. Your disingenuous attempts to pass off as peaceful the group that beat and killed police officers in an attempt to overthrow an election that was both lawful and stood up to scrutiny multiple times is disgusting.
+1,000,000
Your disingenuous attempts to pass off as peaceful the group that beat and killed police officers
Really, exactly how many police officers were killed on January 6? Why not prosecute them to the same extent BLM rioters were prosecuted for assaulting police officers?

Secondly are you aware that there are people who have been in jail for over a year for nothing more than trespassing. That's all they did. Don't try to tell me you have a single standard when it comes to nonviolent crime. If it's someone you disagree with politically, you want to see them in jail as long as possible. There's no concern about over incarceration rates.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Mar 31, 2022 8:45 pm
Why not prosecute them to the same extent BLM rioters were prosecuted for assaulting police officers?
All those who appear on the basis of evidence to have assaulted police officers should be prosecuted, I'm sure you agree.

Also, nobody who can be shown by evidence to have assaulted a police officer should be spared prosecution on the grounds that there might have been evidence that a third as yet unprosecuted person might also have assaulted a police officer, I'm sure you'll agree. That's not how the law works, is it?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

ajax18 wrote:
Secondly are you aware that there are people who have been in jail for over a year for nothing more than trespassing. That's all they did. Don't try to tell me you have a single standard when it comes to nonviolent crime. If it's someone you disagree with politically, you want to see them in jail as long as possible. There's no concern about over incarceration rates.
Interesting point. Did you know over half of the people incarcerated in the US are pretrial and technically innocent? Turns out being poor and prone to being accused of a crime is enough to land someone in a cell for months before they ever get to plead their case. Sounds like a problem. But as you say, if it's someone you disagree with in some manner or other, who really cares? Our prison system works fine until it's insurrectionists being held I guess.

Maybe there's an opportunity here to realize the broken prison system shouldn't be a political ping pong ball, but a serious concern to all?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

https://www.insider.com/all-the-us-capi ... mes-2021-1

You can also look up what charges were filed against the accused January 6th demonstrators and it wasn't trespassing. I can see why that may be what the talking heads on conservative TV call it. Sounds so benign. Much better than, "Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds", for example.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Secondly are you aware that there are people who have been in jail for over a year for nothing more than trespassing. That's all they did. Don't try to tell me you have a single standard when it comes to nonviolent crime.

Interesting choice of words, given that there isn’t a single standard regarding trespassing. Here’s the law with regard to trespassing within the Capitol’s grounds, which is a bigger deal than hopping a fence to cross someone’s field. Check out how different activities result in progressively harsher sentences, up to 8 years in prison and/or a fine of up to $250,000:

Trespassing and Unlawful Activities at the U.S. Capitol

Federal law provides misdemeanor and felony penalties for trespassing and unlawful activities occurring in Capitol buildings and on Capitol grounds. These acts range from unlawful entry to discharging weapons.

A person who knowingly commits the following acts faces up to six months' imprisonment and a $5,000 fine:

- enters or remains on the floor or in the gallery of the U.S. Senate or House chambers without authorization
- obstructs or impedes passage through or within the Capitol building or grounds
- parades, pickets, or demonstrates in a Capitol building
- damages or destroys property in Capitol buildings or on Capitol grounds, or
- assaults an individual in a Capitol building or on Capitol grounds.

The penalties increase to a class E felony—punishable by up to five years in prison and a $250,000 fine—for the following violations involving weapons, force, or violence:

- carrying, having readily accessible, discharging, or transporting any firearm, dangerous weapon, or explosive on in Capitol buildings or on Capitol grounds, or
- with force or violence, entering or remaining on the floor of either chamber.

The potential imprisonment doubles if the violation occurs in any area cordoned off or restricted due to the presence of the President, Vice President, President-elect, or Vice President-elect.

(18 U.S.C. § 1752; 40 U.S.C. §§ 5104, 5109 (2020).)

Obstruction of Duties Performed by Capitol Police

Capitol Police are charged with policing and protecting the U.S. Capitol buildings and grounds and members of Congress. Any person who knowingly and willfully obstructs, resists, or interferes with a member of the Capitol Police engaged in their duties commits a misdemeanor, punishable by up to one years' imprisonment and a $300 fine.

(2 U.S.C. §§ 1961, 1966 (2020).)

Obstruction of Congressional Proceedings

Criminal penalties also apply to disruption and obstruction of official Congressional business.

Misdemeanor penalties apply to acts that intentionally disrupt Congressional business on the House or Senate floor or in any committee or hearing held by either or both chambers. Such acts include unauthorized entry or trespass within the Capitol buildings, as well as engaging in loud, threatening, disruptive, or abusive language or conduct. A conviction can result in up to six months' imprisonment.

A person who corruptly or by threats or force obstructs or impedes a Congressional proceeding faces up to five years in prison. If the act involved domestic terrorism (acts that appear to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion), the penalty increases to an eight-year felony and up to a $250,000 fine.

(18 U.S.C. §§ 1505, 2331 (2020).)
https://www.criminaldefenselawyer.com/r ... pitol.html
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Analytics wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:42 pm

+1,000,000
Your disingenuous attempts to pass off as peaceful the group that beat and killed police officers
Really, exactly how many police officers were killed on January 6? Why not prosecute them to the same extent BLM rioters were prosecuted for assaulting police officers?

This is a lie. Why do you lie so much but then complain because someone in the mainstream media opined on something that later turned out not to be true? Why does this permanently discredit them while you keep getting one mulligan after another in your own lying? Is hypocrisy a full time job for you?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

"Entering and Remaining in a Restricted Building or Grounds", for example.
What's the difference between that and trespassing?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.