Alexander Dugin

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Morley
God
Location: Raphael, Saint Catherine of Alexandria, 1507–1509 (detail)

Re: Alexander Dugin

Post by Morley »

An update to the discussion on Alexandr Dugin.

Car explosion kills daughter of key Putin ally Alexander Dugin, Russia says

The daughter of Alexander Dugin, a far-right Russian nationalist who helped shape the ideas behind President Vladimir Putin’s invasion of Ukraine, was killed Saturday when the car she was driving exploded near Moscow, according to Russia’s main investigative authority.

A Toyota Land Cruiser “went off at full speed on a public highway” and caught fire, it said, after an “explosive device planted under the bottom of the car on the driver’s side” blew up. The driver, identified by the committee as “journalist and political scientist Daria Dugina,” died at the scene. It said early evidence pointed to “a murder for hire.”

Dugina, 29, was driving her father’s car from a festival they both attended when the blast occurred, engulfing the car in flames, Dugin’s friend Andrey Krasnov told the state-run media outlet Tass. Krasnov said he believed her father was the target of an attack, “or maybe the two of them.”

Dugin, a scathing critic of the United States, with close ties to the Kremlin, is sometimes referred to as “Putin’s Rasputin” or “Putin’s brain.” Although he doesn’t hold an official government position, and the extent of his direct relationship with Putin is not clear, Dugin has long called for the reabsorption of Ukraine into Russia — and experts say his language and expansionist views of Russia’s place in the world have been echoed by the Kremlin and in recent speeches by Putin.

His daughter has also spoken publicly in support of the war in Ukraine and Russian expansion. In March, she was sanctioned by the United States as part of a list of Russian elites and Russian intelligence-directed disinformation outlets, alongside her father who has been designated for sanctions since 2015. She was also sanctioned by the United Kingdom in July for her support of Russia’s invasion.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... cow-putin/
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

His daughter has also spoken publicly in support of the war in Ukraine and Russian expansion.
I guess she got what she deserved. This is their war, and it was a humane way to go compared to being raped and beaten first, as she, her father, and Putin have all supported by their troops.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

My instinct is this will make things worse. Fanatics like Dugin are likely to seize on the anger and pain to see their cause as even more just. Evil is feeling the effects of their fight. Turning back is what the devil would have Russia do. And Putin will use it to justify anything and everything. Given it seems Russia hasn't had limits to date it is a question of what have they seen as too far themselves that they would now see as justified? I fear Ukraine will see many more civilian casualties as a result.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:45 pm
My instinct is this will make things worse. Fanatics like Dugin are likely to seize on the anger and pain to see their cause as even more just. Evil is feeling the effects of their fight. Turning back is what the devil would have Russia do. And Putin will use it to justify anything and everything. Given it seems Russia hasn't had limits to date it is a question of what have they seen as too far themselves that they would now see as justified? I fear Ukraine will see many more civilian casualties as a result.
I have a feeling the Dugin assassination attempt was 100% an internal Russian affair. I couldn’t possibly identify the individuals or faction that’d want to do that, so it’s just intuition.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Reddit celeb PoppinKream chimes in:
PoppinKREAM

The alleged target in this assassination was her father, Alexandr Dugin, a Russian neo-fascist whose writings and ideas are widely available and taught in Russian military academies. He works closely with the Russian government and also wrote the Foundations of Geopolitics. He is an individual that helped shape contemporary Russian foreign policy. Alexander Dugin is a proponent of Neo-Eurasianism, a fascist ideology that believes in building a totalitarian Russian empire to bring about an era of illiberalism.

Aleksandr Dugin’s Foundations of Geopolitics

By the summer of 2001, Aleksandr Dugin, a neo-fascist ideologue, had managed to approach the center of power in Moscow, having formed close ties with elements in the Presidential Administration, the secret services, the Russian military, and the leadership of the State Duma.

...Within the United States itself, there is a need for the Russian special services and their allies “to provoke all forms of instability and separatism within the borders of the United States (it is possible to make use of the political forces of Afro-American racists)” (p. 248). “It is especially important,” Dugin adds, “to introduce geopolitical disorder into internal American activity, encouraging all kinds of separatism and ethnic, social and racial conflicts, actively supporting all dissident movements – extremist, racist, and sectarian groups, thus destabilizing internal political processes in the U.S. It would also make sense simultaneously to support isolationist tendencies in American politics…” (p. 367).

...As for the former union republics of the USSR situated within Europe, they all (with the single above-noted exception of Estonia) should, in Dugin’s view, be absorbed by Eurasia- Russia. “Belorussia,” Dugin asserts flatly, “should be seen as a part of Russia…” (p. 377). In similar fashion, Moldova is seen as a part of what Dugin calls “the Russian South” (p. 343).

On the key question of Ukraine, Dugin underlines: “Ukraine as a state has no geopolitical meaning. It has no particular cultural import or universal significance, no geographic uniqueness, no ethnic exclusiveness” (p. 377). “Ukraine as an independent state with certain territorial ambitions,” he warns, “represents an enormous danger for all of Eurasia and, without resolving the Ukrainian problem, it is in general senseless to speak about continental politics” (p. 348). And he adds that, “[T]he independent existence of Ukraine (especially within its present borders) can make sense only as a ‘sanitary cordon’…” (p. 379). However, as we have seen, for Dugin all such “sanitary cordons” are inadmissible.

Furthermore, in March of 2022 the U.S. Treasury department added the now deceased, Darya Dugina, to the sanctions list for her involvement in Project Lakhta - a sophisticated online Russian disinformation campaign.

Press Release: Treasury Sanctions Russians Bankrolling Putin and Russia-Backed Influence Actors
https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/ ... t/il5rt5d/

http://www.4pt.su/en/content/aleksandr- ... eopolitics <- Read to understand Russian actions

https://home.treasury.gov/news/press-releases/jy0628

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

As an aside, this is who Trumplicans align themselves with:

- Doc
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:55 pm
As an aside, this is who Trumplicans align themselves with:

- Doc
As a parallel, it takes a spectacular amount of ignorance, cult membership and conspiracy fetishizing to conclude that “this is who ‘Trumplicans’ align themselves with.”

The absurdity is spectacular.

[Imagine a picture with words here]
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

This Twitter dude said:
Russian ex-MP Ilya Ponomaryov in his interview to Ukrainian channel "Utro Fevralya" said Darya Dugina was killed by Russian partisans from the National Republican Army. He says both Dugin and his daughter were targets.

Twitter link has short video ref’d above:

https://mobile.Twitter.com/wartranslate ... 0940263426

Looks like the political fracturing has begun if they went after Putin’s muse.

- Doc