January 6th Arlo Guthrie Binge

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Doctor Steuss
God

January 6th Arlo Guthrie Binge

Post by Doctor Steuss »

Many moons ago, there was a stink raised over an 18 ½ minute gap in audio recordings that were obtained in a Congressional investigation. Many have speculated what these minutes might contain, but those who are astute know that it’s no coincidence that Alice’s Restaurant Massacre is also 18 ½ minutes long.

Why do I bring this up? Well, it appears that former President Trump’s phone logs contain a 7 ½ hour gap during the January 6th patriot parade.

Now, some might wonder why the President would not be communicating with anyone remotely during an event where the Vice President of the United States was evacuated by Secret Service (tucked tail and ran, amirite?). Others may assume that the log has been altered to hide something. There might even be some who assume the President was using non-official and unsecure methods like borrowing phones of aides, or intentionally using prepaid phones.

Once again, those who are astute will notice something. You can listen to the entirety of Guthrie’s album, that contains Alice’s Restaurant, 13 times during that duration. There were also 13 original colonies in our great nation. From this, we know that the President was listening to Guthrie as an act of patriotism and solidarity during these harrowing events.

Another witch hunt, just because a President listened to some Guthrie.

God bless him.
Xenophon
God

Re: January 6th Arlo Guthrie Binge

Post by Xenophon »

Thanks for a hearty chuckle Steuss.

Of course the real answer is that he was up all night the day before with some pre-insurrection agita. That gap was just a much needed midday rest.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by MeDotOrg »

Rosemary Woods writ large.

It occurs to me that no phone calls for over 7 hours while the Capitol was under attack is prima facie evidence of a dereliction of duty. Imagine if there were no phone calls for 7 hours after Pearl Harbor or 9/11.
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

What happened to ‘the most transparent Administration In history’?
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 10:32 pm
What happened to ‘the most transparent Administration In history’?
They removed the calls so that you can see through the log more easily.

Ink is less transparent than paper.

Duh.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

So Trump deliberately destroyed evidence of his crimes. Would we expect anything less of an arch-villain such as Trump? Fortunately, the destruction of evidence is itself a crime and there is the testimony of those calling during that interval.

Remember, Trump holds the world record for the most lies told by any world leader. That is why Republicans adore him.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

I confess these are my favorite lines from Alice's Restaurant--yes, I own the LP and yes, we memorized the lyrics. 8-)

Mother rapers. Father stabbers. Father Rapers! Father rapers sitting right there on the bench next to me!

Just sharing with the group. :lol:
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Five contestants enter the Academy ring and only one exits: Beyond Oscar Dome.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Black Moclips
Nursery

Post by Black Moclips »

If Trump would have just put all this evidence on his son's laptop, no one would have said a word.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

MeDotOrg wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:39 pm
Rosemary Woods writ large.

It occurs to me that no phone calls for over 7 hours while the Capitol was under attack is prima facie evidence of a dereliction of duty. Imagine if there were no phone calls for 7 hours after Pearl Harbor or 9/11.
...and there it is.