NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:37 pm
PThe 2010 e-mails show that JB bills were being paid by Rosemont, by a senior partner of the company owned by the son of a sitting VPOTUS…
No matter what you say, or how you spin things, based on e-mails from the lap top this is 100% true, and is more smoke for a need for an investigation.

I’m not sure that there’s even smoke with this one.

Since you present it as ‘evidence’ of something, please explain the legal issue with this, for Joe Biden in particular.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Trump attorney Alan Dershowitz says there is nothing in any of the emails to implicate the President in anything illegal.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-attorney ... en-1697021
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Markk, trying to create smoke with the Hunter Biden non-scandal.

"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

K Graham wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:25 pm
Trump attorney Alan Dershowitz says there is nothing in any of the emails to implicate the President in anything illegal.
LOL….That’s not quite what he said Kevin, …. But I more or less agree with him, the investigation should go forward, and folks should not get too excited either way and there is a long way to go.

The host also noted that the amount of e-mails, and photos, and that he understood there is going to a platform for everyone to access. LOL…I predict a few long threads when they do surface.

He also noted that the dirt of a family member can do harm on a sitting president, “Billy Carter” comes to mind, LOL I seem to remember he peed on the airport runway in front of important ambassador's, or something like that. If Joe is innocent and just naïve of all the things going on around him then that is a shame in one aspect, but in my opinion he should be removed for being inept. If he knew about this and did nothing, then he should take what is coming. If he is indeed guilty of some sort of crime, then punished.

Anyways, the story you pasted is leading…I understand in that it is hard to find balanced reporting.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsmax-tv/hunt ... d/1065025/
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:42 pm
If Joe is innocent and just naïve of all the things going on around him then that is a shame in one aspect, but in my opinion he should be removed for being inept.
This encapsulates the state of modern American right-wing Christianity. Happy Easter.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:30 am
Markk wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 2:37 pm
PThe 2010 e-mails show that JB bills were being paid by Rosemont, by a senior partner of the company owned by the son of a sitting VPOTUS…
No matter what you say, or how you spin things, based on e-mails from the lap top this is 100% true, and is more smoke for a need for an investigation.

Since you present it as ‘evidence’ of something, please explain the legal issue with this, for Joe Biden in particular.
It's whiplash inducing to see folks like Markk declare a VP having assigned financial management of their assets to a company that manages financial matters as demanding an investigation because they...paid his repair bills out of a fund he owned? Yet dismiss Trump's declaration that his business dealings would remain actively managed by his children who then all moved into the White House and took jobs of varying degrees with his campaign. Yeah, I know. Markk doesn't like Trump or something, but at least he lead the country somewhere...
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:02 pm
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 3:42 pm
If Joe is innocent and just naïve of all the things going on around him then that is a shame in one aspect, but in my opinion he should be removed for being inept.
This encapsulates the state of modern American right-wing Christianity. Happy Easter.
When the memes and jabs at my faith, instead of addressing the context, start coming out…I know my points might be sinking in, even if a little.

Joe has a history of not being the sharpest tool in the shop. Do you think that since Hunter and his family and friends have been less that up right in their business deals, that Joe was just oblivious of this? That is what I meant by inept.

Did you see Joe shaking hands with the air yesterday? Did you see him wondering around the room at the anniversary party? Did you Obama punk him… calling him VP in very poor joke? Point being maybe he is clueless. I believe he was aware what was going on with Hunter…but I wouldn’t be shocked, just surprised, if he didn’t.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:07 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:30 am

It's whiplash inducing to see folks like Markk declare a VP having assigned financial management of their assets to a company that manages financial matters as demanding an investigation because they...paid his repair bills out of a fund he owned? Yet dismiss Trump's declaration that his business dealings would remain actively managed by his children who then all moved into the White House and took jobs of varying degrees with his campaign. Yeah, I know. Markk doesn't like Trump or something, but at least he lead the country somewhere...
Is it okay to have a sitting VP or President, or anyone in government to have a financial investment firm that has deep lobbyist ties…manage their monies? Out of hindsight we know that Burisma was paying Rosemont Monies. And were they actually managing Joe’s accounts…or were they paying his bills with LLC monies? I have not been able to find that out…do you have a cf for that fund he owned, I must have missed that, and what investments fed that fund?

Remember Hunter, and Eric were lobbyists, and Eric might still be one today from what I can find.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Markk wrote:
honorentheos wrote:

When the memes and jabs at my faith, instead of addressing the context, start coming out…I know my points might be sinking in, even if a little.
Emphasis added. This is why we need an SMH emoji.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:39 pm
honorentheos wrote:

:lol: no. It’s just unavoidable exasperation bubbling up in response to your nonstop proof-less speculation and baseless innuendo. And there is plenty of “addressing the context,” just not by you.

I am still enjoying the thread, however, lots of great information given—thanks, everyone.