NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Vēritās
God

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Vēritās »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2023 3:19 pm
The Washington Post's fact checker compared what Comer and official committee announcements have been saying about what the committee has found with what the staff member memos actually say.

The Hype:
“The Committee has identified over 20 companies affiliated with certain Biden family members and their business associates.”
— Majority staff of the House Oversight Committee, Second Bank Records memorandum, released May 10

“We’ve identified about 20-plus shell companies that the Bidens have created to launder the money they were receiving from foreign nationals down to their personal bank account.”
— Rep. James Comer (R-Ky.), chairman of the House Oversight Committee, interview on Fox Business, May 11

“The Committee has now identified over $20 million in payments from foreign sources to the Biden family and their business associates.”
— Majority staff of the House Oversight Committee, Third Bank Records memorandum, released Aug. 9

“The Biden family received over $20 million from our enemies around the world. What did they do to receive the money?”— Comer, interview on Newsmax, Aug. 10
The Reality (as shown in the memos written by Republican staffers):

There were not 20-plus shell companies. There was one. No funds were transferred to any member of the Biden family through that single shell company.
For instance, the second staff memo never says that Hunter Biden used “shell” companies — a term often associated with shady or illegal activity, even though a shell company is a legitimate entity. Comer once described such an entity as “a fake company … they don’t make anything. They don’t produce anything. They don’t provide a good or service.” He is not wrong about many shell companies, but the memo lists real companies, with active websites and real business functions. (The third staff memo refers to just one “shell” company, which we will describe later.)
Rosemont Seneca Thornton LLC is the one company specifically named in a staff memo as a shell company. As we have reported, this entity was created in 2013 to invest in BHR Partners, the Chinese fund. But almost as soon as Rosemont Seneca Thornton was created, the partners decided to dissolve it, according to a person with access to the board minutes. Thornton Group, one of the investors, was run by Jim Bulger, who brought expertise in investing in China. But the original structure had added unexpected regulatory burdens to Thornton, and so Bulger’s lawyers advised that the group split up, this person said. Archer, in his interview, confirmed this to committee investigators, saying the creation of the LLC was “a mistake.”

We’d previously reported that Archer kept the vehicle alive for his own real estate business, without telling Hunter Biden or Bulger, according to two people knowledgeable about Archer’s activities. After a Senate report alleged that Rosemont Seneca Thornton received a $3.5 million payment from Baturina, Archer told Bulger that he had used Rosemont Seneca Thornton to transfer funds from Baturina to purchase real estate in Brooklyn, according to a participant in the conversation.
Although the Committee traced over $20 million in foreign payments, only $7.5 million went to Biden family members -- almost all of it to Hunter. The Committee was unable to trace any funds to Joe Biden.
That works out to be about $23 million in total payments from foreign sources. Of that, nearly $7.5 million can be fairly attributed as going to “Bidens,” but virtually all of it went to Hunter Biden. No money has been traced to Joe Biden.
Comer and his cronies made multiple claims that they had proof that Joe Biden accepted bribes. They lie.

Great stuff Res. It truly is mind boggling how these people in the House GOP think they can constantly get away withholding information and flat out lying about things they are keeping from the public. They withheld the Archer testimony from the public after making it sound like it would be the earth shattering testimony hearing of the century. They refused to share with the House Democrats any transcript interviews with the bogus "whistleblowers" under the false pretense that they were trying to protect the "whistleblowers." Dan Goldman told Jim Jordan several times they were not granted whistleblower status because they were just disgruntled ex-employees who were paid to speak. But they withheld those transcripts so the Democrats were caught off guard and didn't have time to do any background work to rebut their claims. This is their "drip-drip" strategy that is deceptive and they stick to it because it works. I mean if we all take 100 steps back and look at the overall picture here, what are we really dealing with?

A private citizen who happens to be related to a Democrat official who may or may not have used his name to enrich himself. And the only crime definitively proven by Joe Biden is that he answered the phone every time his son called him during a time of mourning after he lost his second sibling, this time to cancer.

Twitter has been going completely nuts over this so called "$20 million in payments to the BIDEN FAMILY through 20 SHELL COMPANIES."

And now we know it is all another lie, which begs the question. If the House GOP has to constantly lie in order to shape this "Biden-Crime-Family" narrative of theirs, then what does that say about the strength of their position?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

They're just a bunch of carnival barkers.

Meanwhile, I've been driving all over this country, and I really mean "all over" for a thing I'm doing. Biden's, and I mean BIDEN's plan to build back better is awesome to watch. Roads everywhere are getting rebuilt and repaved. Bridges are getting rebuilt and repaved. Man. damned FINALLY, we have a President that's actually getting this crap done, no thanks to the Republican'ts.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:11 pm

Meanwhile, I've been driving all over this country, and I really mean "all over" for a thing I'm doing. Biden's, and I mean BIDEN's plan to build back better is awesome to watch. Roads everywhere are getting rebuilt and repaved. Bridges are getting rebuilt and repaved. Man. damned FINALLY, we have a President that's actually getting this crap done, no thanks to the Republican'ts.

- Doc
Yeah, so what if the Presdient is selling his influence to China, Russia, Ukraine etc, as long as the roads are getting built.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:40 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:11 pm

- Doc
Yeah, so what if the Presdient is selling his influence to China, Russia, Ukraine etc, as long as the roads are getting built.
:roll:

Your constant, incessant lying is perfect for a temple-recommend holding Mormon. You really are an amoral sociopath, aren’t you? You play act being normal in real life, but you really let the mask drop online.
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 12:46 am
ajax18 wrote:

:roll:

Your constant, incessant lying is perfect for a temple-recommend holding Mormon. You really are an amoral sociopath, aren’t you? You play act being normal in real life, but you really let the mask drop online.
There is no lying going on Doc, just facts that you don't want to hear. At best the Biden family scammed the CCP, Ukraine, and a bunch of foreign oligarchs out of a bunch of money but more than likely the Bidens delivered on something worth at least $20 million and likely far more than that. And the partisan DOJ and media have been lying and covering it up the entire time. That's nearly worse than the influence pedaling because it shows how broken and partisan political our justice system is.

Do you notice how beautiful the trees are in this video? It's little wonder the confederates were willing to die to protect their land. Virginia is sacred soil.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqSA-SY5Hro
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

A quick recap in chronological order of the "scandal of the century," which thus far appears to be a blow out in favor of Hunter Biden's phallus:

"The smoking gun is going to be on Hunter's Laptop" .... ooops guess not.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by Tony Bobulinski" .... ooops, poor Tony lost all of those "damning documents" on a flash drive he sent via snail mail without copying them first.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by Tucker Carlson now that he found the lost flash drive".... ooops, Tucker decided to drop the story because he feels bad for Hunter (in reality he read the documents and realized Tony was lying to him about how "damning they were.")

"The smoking gun is going to be in that FD-1023 FBI document".... ooops that turned out to be just a piece of glorified scratch paper with unsubstantiated allegations jotted down.

"The smoking gun is going to be in that WhatsApp text".... ooops that turned out to be fake.

"The smoking gun is going to be in those 17 audio tapes".... ooops turns out they don't exist.

"The smoking gun is going to be in those bank transfers to Biden" .... ooops they don't exist either.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the first whistleblower".... ooops guess not. He was fired from the FBI and paid to testify.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the second whistleblower".... ooops guess not. He was fired from the FBI and paid to testify.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the third whistleblower".... ooops guess not. He was fired from the FBI and paid to testify.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the fourth whistleblower".... ooops guess not. He's a Chinese spy and a fugitive from justice who made it all up in hopes that the House GOP would grant him immunity in exchange for luscious lies about Biden.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the fifth whistleblower".... ooops turns out that person's dead.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by the guy who said he had 17 tapes" ... ooops, that guy was already interviewed during Giuliani's witch hunt and he said the opposite. MAGAs tried to hide that fact from everyone.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by Rob Walker's testimony".... oooops, Walker sank the entire case saying Joe Biden had nothing to do with any of their business.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by Dev Archer's testimony"...oooops, Devon Archer corroborated Walker's testimony and said Joe Biden had nothing to do with their business.

"The smoking gun is going to be revealed by those bank statements".... ooops guess not. No bank transfers to Joe Biden.

"The smoking gun is going to be demonstrated with that $20 million in transfers to the Bidens" ... ooops, that turned out to be a lie too. Of the $20 million in transfers two thirds of it went to Hunter's business partners, only $7.5 million of that went to anyone named Biden, virtually all of it went to Hunter and none of it went to Joe.

"The smoking gun is going to be those 20 shell companies Hunter created to launder money" ... ooops, turns out GOP staff memos only say there was one shell company, not 20. The other companies mentioned in the memos were legit businesses that had demonstrable business ties with what they were doing. https://tinyurl.com/2s9zpwns

We've been watching the MAGA Republicans twist themselves in knots over Hunter's laptop and fainting over his dick pics since the 2020 election, desperately trying to manufacture the "scandal of the century" from out of context emails, imaginative conjecture mixed with an overdose of innuendo.

Basically the same recipe used for virtually any FOX News story. But at the end of the day all we've learned is that Joe Biden is a loving father who answers his son's phone calls during times of mourning, and that Hunter is a broken man who desperately needs his family's love and support.

House GOP- 0
Hunter Biden - 15
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

The Hunter Biden thing was always a distraction. Trumpettes pounding the table to distract from the obvious criminality of the traitorous sociopathic narcissist known as Trump.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:54 am
Do you notice how beautiful the trees are in this video? It's little wonder the confederates were willing to die to protect their land. Virginia is sacred soil.

Protect their land from what exactly? A union army putting down a rebellion that demanded the right to enslave others? Cool side you're choosing bro - ironically that, enslaving the human spirit, was a key point in the war in heaven.

- Doc
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 2:34 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:54 am

Protect their land from what exactly? A union army putting down a rebellion that demanded the right to enslave others? Cool side you're choosing bro - ironically that, enslaving the human spirit, was a key point in the war in heaven.

- Doc
Likely the Union side of that conflict was and still is always more willing to preserve those trees, rather than see them scraped wholesale off of several hilltops at a time in order to rip out an hour’s worth of worldwide coal demand from under them.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:

While Trump was willing to give top-secret information to the Kremlin and good night hugs and kisses to Kim Jong-un, he had no interest in American infrastructure.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace