NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Markk »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:31 pm
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 6:18 pm

Why does that bust my theory…was Hunter CC’d on the e-mail? That was my point, go back and read what I wrote.

This is what I wrote. “ If this is true…Aside from the politics…why would Hunter be cc’d on this? The only reason I can think of is that Hunter was indeed lobbying in regards to his fathers position. This lends to the Rosemont/White House connection.”

If the e-mail is in fact real, and the dates correct, then it just shows that Ryan was not up to speed on the appointment…but again Hunter was CC’d…why?

I'll go with, 'business associate shows support for nominee and cc's partner as a courtesy', but ...

Your argument is that senior White House staff was unaware of its own nomination before the Senate, even after the Senate had already discussed Becker's nomination ... and that VP Biden needed to be reminded to support the nomination that was made by the White House ... by Schwerin emailing White House VP staff directly and cc'ing Hunter Biden, because there's no way that the White House would become aware of their own support for their own nominee if not directly reminded by someone else who just happened to cc the VP's son while directly addressing VP staff of the candidade that they forgot that they had nominated and were supporting ..?

Sure, you can run with that. ; )
LOL…No, I am running with Hunter Biden is part of all this, which lends to the pattern of a father and son connection. I am not judging the administrations prowess, you are doing a fine job of that. Remember you showed the record with dates, that conflict with the actual e-mail date (if real and correct)
Again…why was Hunter cc’d? Your argument is…that it was just happenstance that she cc’d Hunter Biden?

Anyways it should be entered into the time line that Hunter was cc’d on administration business. We can enter both date sand discuss it later if Res ever comes back.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:15 pm
Something that occurred to me during the discussion is that the apparent distaste for leveraging connections that underlays Markk's conjectures sits side-by-side with the belief everyone is playing on a level field where wealth and success is earned. There's a serious naïvété regarding the advantages and effects of being connected at high levels that, when glimpsed at work among folks like Hunter Biden, causes a realization of unfairness but it can't comprehend it as systemic unfairness. So it has to be individual corruption and criminality at play. This outrage about the injustice involved makes for easy manipulation and direction for political purposes.

It's revealing how broken the GOP ideology has become where it is based on culture war issues rather than economic ones. It can't see the world as it exists and maintain coherence. So, Satan!!!!
So corruption at high levels is okay for connected folks? Folks here counter about the Trump family all the time…so how is this a GOP thing only..if true.

Also people involved in all this are known to be corrupt…MZ, Hunter, Archer, Lutsenko, and are under investigation or served, and are currently serving time.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Do you ever read anything past the first sentence or two, Markk?

Take stock of what is going on here. The NYP article is the source for almost everything right now and it isn't sharing the text of the email. You don't know what it actually says. The date it is reported to have been sent is after Beckers nomination made it through committee but was stalled out.

Why does it conflict, you ask?
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:13 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:15 pm
Something that occurred to me during the discussion is that the apparent distaste for leveraging connections that underlays Markk's conjectures sits side-by-side with the belief everyone is playing on a level field where wealth and success is earned. There's a serious naïvété regarding the advantages and effects of being connected at high levels that, when glimpsed at work among folks like Hunter Biden, causes a realization of unfairness but it can't comprehend it as systemic unfairness. So it has to be individual corruption and criminality at play. This outrage about the injustice involved makes for easy manipulation and direction for political purposes.

It's revealing how broken the GOP ideology has become where it is based on culture war issues rather than economic ones. It can't see the world as it exists and maintain coherence. So, Satan!!!!
So corruption at high levels is okay for connected folks? Folks here counter about the Trump family all the time…so how is this a GOP thing only..if true.

Also people involved in all this are known to be corrupt…MZ, Hunter, Archer, Lutsenko, and are under investigation or served, and are currently serving time.
Corruption isn't ok...being connected isn't automatically corrupt, though. The issue is that societies that fail to address the disadvantages imposed on the unconnected and disadvantaged to create democratic access to opportunity eventually cease to be democratic. Connected people will take advantage of those opportunities they have because it would be stupid not to. And those advantages accrue to fewer and fewer, wealthier and wealthier people over time. What's wrong with the GOP is you all fail to recognize how advantage and privilege works. When you see it apparently all you can understand is there must be someone breaking the rules, focusing your fear and anger over the sense your own advantages are shrinking on them so long as they are an opponent. When someone on the Democrat side benefits it's criminal. When someone like the Trump family benefit it seems you short out and mutter things about Democrats. Thus, a scandal involving Trump and Russia has turned into a wannabe scandal about Biden and Ukraine. You know it's there, just waiting to be uncovered at the second coming...er, after the next investigation following the two from 2020 you seem to have forgotten about.

You just demonstrated my point. You can't see the systemic problem. It's corruption, no other way to look at at. You've been trained to believe the system is fair, so you can't comprehend reality when you see it actually isn't.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:57 pm
canpakes wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 7:31 pm
I'll go with, 'business associate shows support for nominee and cc's partner as a courtesy', but ...

Your argument is that senior White House staff was unaware of its own nomination before the Senate, even after the Senate had already discussed Becker's nomination ... and that VP Biden needed to be reminded to support the nomination that was made by the White House ... by Schwerin emailing White House VP staff directly and cc'ing Hunter Biden, because there's no way that the White House would become aware of their own support for their own nominee if not directly reminded by someone else who just happened to cc the VP's son while directly addressing VP staff of the candidade that they forgot that they had nominated and were supporting ..?

Sure, you can run with that. ; )
LOL…No, I am running with Hunter Biden is part of all this, which lends to the pattern of a father and son connection.
Yes, they’re ‘connected’ as father and son. : )

I am not judging the administrations prowess, you are doing a fine job of that. Remember you showed the record with dates, that conflict with the actual e-mail date (if real and correct)
… which busts your case, as the dates clearly show that there was no influence from this correspondence in nominating Becker, as the email dates are well after Becker had been nominated by the White House (includes VP) and was already being vetted by the Senate.

Again…why was Hunter cc’d? Your argument is…that it was just happenstance that she cc’d Hunter Biden?
She’s already conversing with the VP, and the VP had already engaged in the nomination process. Are you suggesting that Ryan needed to remind the son to talk to his father in the same email (which can’t even be proven to have ever been written) going directly to the father in the first place, about the nomination that the father had already made?

Work that one out. I guess that you’re trying to tell me that Ryan did something wrong … what would that be?
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

canpakes wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:35 pm

… which busts your case, as the dates clearly show that there was no influence from this correspondence in nominating Becker, as the email dates are well after Becker had been nominated by the White House (includes VP) and was already being vetted by the Senate.
Markk doesn't seem to believe in linear time. The Bidens are dastardly time travelers, don't you see? It's all there! Smoke.... innuendo... things obscured by political bias... more smoke....
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Thing is, it wouldn't matter if Chris Sloan made the recommendation first. He represents a labor union, one of the major constituencies of the Democratic party, supporting a recommendation for the National Labor Relations Board. That's not an example of corruption in and of itself. Now were Joe Biden to be seeking a kickback for pushing their guy through, yeah, that's an issue. But even if Hunter Biden were still engaged in lobbying activity at the time or even just suggested Sloan talk to Ryan over drinks? Not criminal behavior. Yeah, it would be an example of Hunter making money due to being related to Joe Biden if he were being paid by the Union as a lobbyist but that alone isn't criminal. The case isn't made by simply saying, or even proving, "See! People in positions talked to each other and did things they agreed to do!"
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:14 pm
He does not. Well. He’ll read the first sentence, more or less, and then skim quickly so he can ‘get the gist of things’ where he’ll goldfish to another wild assertion. There seems to be a pattern with GQP’ers with reading and whatnot.

Anyway. Yeah. Hunter is Joe’s shakedown guy. Because why the **** not.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:14 pm

Take stock of what is going on here. The NYP article is the source for almost everything right now and it isn't sharing the text of the email. You don't know what it actually says. The date it is reported to have been sent is after Beckers nomination made it through committee but was stalled out.

Why does it conflict, you ask?

That is why I have been real clear “if true”….and we will see. But again the point is why, “if true” was Hunter cc’d. That was and is my question.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:18 pm
Markk wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:13 pm

Corruption isn't ok...being connected isn't automatically corrupt, though. The issue is that societies that fail to address the disadvantages imposed on the unconnected and disadvantaged to create democratic access to opportunity eventually cease to be democratic. Connected people will take advantage of those opportunities they have because it would be stupid not to. And those advantages accrue to fewer and fewer, wealthier and wealthier people over time. What's wrong with the GOP is you all fail to recognize how advantage and privilege works. When you see it apparently all you can understand is there must be someone breaking the rules, focusing your fear and anger over the sense your own advantages are shrinking on them so long as they are an opponent. When someone on the Democrat side benefits it's criminal. When someone like the Trump family benefit it seems you short out and mutter things about Democrats. Thus, a scandal involving Trump and Russia has turned into a wannabe scandal about Biden and Ukraine. You know it's there, just waiting to be uncovered at the second coming...er, after the next investigation following the two from 2020 you seem to have forgotten about.

You just demonstrated my point. You can't see the systemic problem. It's corruption, no other way to look at at. You've been trained to believe the system is fair, so you can't comprehend reality when you see it actually isn't.
It’s nonsense what you are saying…I could have said the same thing when Trump was being impeached and the focus was on him and his family. If what you are trying to say were to be true, it would be a human nature thing, not a democrat vs republican thing…in fact you are the one making it a party thing which is just flat out strange. Then you say the Trump Russian is a scandal, when it was shown it was not, and Hunter/Joe Biden is actually just beginning, and what was denied has been proven to be true (the lap top).

Your defense of all the CE being shown is not addressing what is out there…but just attacking me and my motives…but in the meanwhile more and more CE piles up.

With all the CE out there, is there a possibility that Joe was aware and discussed his business with his father. I mean they amend a lot of time together, they flew half way around the world together…and in all this time they never discussed this? What say you?