NBC news story on Hunter Biden

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Manetho
Valiant B

Re: NBC news story on Hunter Biden

Post by Manetho »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:04 am
Hunter is safe because his Dad won the election and ultimately controls what congress and the American people are allowed to see. They can stonewall forever. We knew all this when Trump was president and the deep state was still able to lie and protect the Biden Crime family.
And this is why people should avoid the furtive fallacy: it renders all your hypotheses unfalsifiable.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Manetho wrote:
Fri Jun 23, 2023 3:17 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Hunter is safe because his Dad won the election and ultimately controls what congress and the American people are allowed to see. They can stonewall forever. We knew all this when Trump was president and the deep state was still able to lie and protect the Biden Crime family.
And this is why people should avoid the furtive fallacy: it renders all your hypotheses unfalsifiable.
There's no assumption. It's all on the laptop and the DOJ has been lying about it to cover for the Big Guy since day 1. I understand not wanting to know because you like Biden's policies the same as I liked Nixon, Reagen, and Trump. But it's intellectually dishonest to claim we don't live under a corrupt partisan political justice system in which there is a coddling rehabilitative set of rules for Democrats and a much more harsh punitive one for Republicans. Barack Obama set this precedent of weaponizing the once apolitical DOJ and IRS against his political opponents. There's no going back now.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

ajax18 wrote:
Dr Exiled wrote:
Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:11 pm
They need to get bank records, perhaps crypto records, tax returns, and other financial documents and start following the money. It'll take a while to narrow down the "big guy" suspect.
They've done that. Hunter is safe because his Dad won the election and ultimately controls what congress and the American people are allowed to see. They can stonewall forever. We knew all this when Trump was president and the deep state was still able to lie and protect the Biden Crime family. All that matters is if you have loyal partisans entrenched in the FBI and DOJ. Where are people like Mtt Romney, Jeb Bush, Lisa Murkowski, Liz Cheney, Adam Kinzinger, or Chris Christie on this? They're supposedly Republicans and yet the only time they're willing to open their mouth and criticize someone is when it's someone to their right. The weaponization of the DOJ and the two tiered system of partisan political justice that has existed for some time now is not retail politics as normal. The Constitution is defunct and meaningless. I don't see how liberty will ever be restored.
I think we are seeing the uniparty in action.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Ajax,

While I am hesitant to say too much at this point, I can tell you that in addition to other things that are being alleged, I watched the FBI whistleblowers testimonies as well as a podcast with the FBI whistleblowers as guests and if what they are alleging is accurate (even if a portion of the allegations are true) it is absolutely frightening. Terrifying!

I guess we will all see how this plays out.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ceeboo wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2023 7:03 pm
Ajax,

While I am hesitant to say too much at this point, I can tell you that in addition to other things that are being alleged, I watched the FBI whistleblowers testimonies as well as a podcast with the FBI whistleblowers as guests and if what they are alleging is accurate (even if a portion of the allegations are true) it is absolutely frightening. Terrifying!

I guess we will all see how this plays out.
What’s terrifying and frightening? Specifically with regard to to “these allegations”?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:41 am
What’s terrifying and frightening? Specifically with regard to to “these allegations”?

- Doc
https://youtu.be/8uDuHdoHNSA
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

Hunter Biden Prosecutor Claims He Was Not Allowed to Charge First Son Outside of Delaware and Was Denied Special Counsel Status by DOJ

Story by Connor Surmonte • Yesterday 6:30 PM
Radar Online
Hunter Biden Prosecutor Claims He Was Not Allowed to Charge First Son Outside of Delaware and Was Denied Special Counsel Status by DOJ

Federal prosecutor David C. Weiss allegedly told six witnesses that he did not have the authority to charge Hunter Biden outside of Delaware, RadarOnline.com has learned. Weiss also reportedly told the witnesses that he was denied special counsel status by the Department of Justic

In a concerning development to come one week after President Joe Biden’s son agreed to plead guilty to two federal tax charges, the legal team representing an IRS whistleblower said that Weiss made the claims during an October 2022 meeting with IRS investigators and FBI agents.

According to the New York Post, the alleged meeting took place on October 7, 2022, and was first disclosed by IRS supervisor Gary Shapley during his testimony before the House Ways and Means Committee in May 2023.

“He surprised us by telling us on the charges: ‘I’m not the deciding official on whether charges are filed,’” Shapley told the House committee on May 26.

“He then shocked us with the earth-shattering news that the Biden-appointed D.C. U.S. Attorney Matthew Graves would not allow him to charge in his district,” Shapley continued.

Shapley also alleged to the House committee that Weiss was not allowed to charge Hunter for several suspected crimes committed in 2014 and 2015, including “foreign income from Burisma” and “a scheme to evade his income taxes through a partnership with a convicted felon.”

“The purposeful exclusion of the 2014 and 2015 years sanitized the most substantive criminal conduct and concealed material facts,” Shapley charged.

Shapley’s allegations continued, and he reportedly told the House Ways and Means Committee that – during the meeting in October 2022 – Weiss said he “subsequently asked for special counsel authority from Main DOJ at that time and was denied that authority.”

“Instead,” Shapley recounted, “[Weiss] was told to follow the process, which was known to send U.S. Attorney Weiss through another President Biden-appointed U.S. Attorney.”

Baltimore FBI Special Agent in Charge Tom Sobocinski, Assistant Special Agent in Charge Ryeshia Holley, IRS Special Agent in Charge Darrell Waldon, Shapley, and Shapley’s boss have since been identified as the six witnesses Weiss reportedly spoke to during the October 7 meeting.

Weiss’ alleged claims that the DOJ limited his investigation and the subsequent charges against Hunter are particularly noteworthy because they directly contradict Attorney General Merrick Garland’s assertion that Weiss could “make a decision to prosecute any way in which he wanted to and in any district in which he wanted to” regarding the probe.

House Speaker Kevin McCarthy has since called for a deeper investigation into Shapley’s claims regarding Weiss, the DOJ, and the probe into President Biden’s son. McCarthy also reportedly tapped GOP House Rep. Jim Jordan to lead the inquiry into Shapley’s shocking claims.

“US Attorney David Weiss must provide answers to the House Judiciary Committee,” House Speaker McCarthy said on Sunday. “If the whistleblowers’ allegations are true, this will be a significant part of a larger impeachment inquiry into Merrick Garland’s weaponization of DOJ.”

Meanwhile, Hunter is scheduled to appear in federal court on July 26 in connection to the plea deal he reached with Weiss last week.
Doctor Steuss
God

Post by Doctor Steuss »

So, we have the Attorney General saying one thing, and a pair of supposed IRS whistleblowers saying another thing. Weiss won't comment on any of it, naturally, given that he has said the investigation is ongoing (which begs the question, why would the investigation be ongoing if it's supposedly being squashed by the DOJ?). Garland has also publicly stated that the DOJ will not block Weiss from testifying before Congress once the investigation is over, if Weiss chooses to, and that Weiss hasn't approached him asking for any increased investigative powers/status/name.

Sounds to me like the so-called whistleblowers might be blowing a bit more than whistles.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ceeboo wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:25 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 2:41 am

- Doc
Was the frightening and terrifying part their hairstyles, or the singing?
ceeboo
God

Post by ceeboo »

canpakes wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 8:35 pm
ceeboo wrote:
Tue Jun 27, 2023 5:25 pm
Was the frightening and terrifying part their hairstyles, or the singing?
The singing? Really?

Come on cakes - I don't care if you are a Christian or not, that singing is amazing!

(I thought that even * would have enjoyed it)

Just a reminder - we’re in SSP; please follow the guidelines and address each other respectively sans ‘nicknames’.