Defunded: Big Banks cut Fossil Fuel Financing

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Defunded: Big Banks cut Fossil Fuel Financing

Post by ajax18 »

I would expect it to. But this is where having additional options come into play … if charging networks and stations can be supported or augmented by on-site solar, then we are adding capacity without needing to draw as much from existing infrastructure.
If everyone had an electric car right now, what percentage of the electricity could be supplied by green electricity. What percentage would have to come from coal fired electric plants?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 01, 2022 11:50 pm
I would expect it to. But this is where having additional options come into play … if charging networks and stations can be supported or augmented by on-site solar, then we are adding capacity without needing to draw as much from existing infrastructure.
If everyone had an electric car right now, what percentage of the electricity could be supplied by green electricity. What percentage would have to come from coal fired electric plants?
Well, if you are allowed to assume that electric cars have been manufactured at a scale, and sold at such prices that everybody who needs a car can buy one, and that everyone who needs or wants a car HAS bought one ....and all the other very unlikely things assumed in your post ... then I am entitled to assume that enough solar, wind and tidal powers sources have been built in the US to supply all the electricity they need.

My hypothesis is, by the way, much easier to make reality than your own.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

We own two Teslas, waiting on a third. But I'm strongly considering investing in the Tesla solar roof. After the 27% tax credit it pays for itself over the course of maybe thirty years, but the convenience of getting closer to getting off the grid cannot be overstated.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

K Graham wrote:
Sat Apr 02, 2022 4:37 pm
We own two Teslas, waiting on a third. But I'm strongly considering investing in the Tesla solar roof. After the 27% tax credit it pays for itself over the course of maybe thirty years, but the convenience of getting closer to getting off the grid cannot be overstated.
Out of curiosity, have you also converted your home to solar power? If so, how much of the energy for your Teslas is provided by your solar power installation? I'm sure it's not much, but every little bit helps. Right? :)
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.