Public Space and Public Education

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Public Space and Public Education

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:41 am
In a statement to Variety, Warner Bros said it was "committed to safeguarding the integrity of every film we release" and that that sometimes meant "sensitively" making "nuanced cuts" for certain markets.

"Our hope is to release our features worldwide as released by their creators but historically we have faced small edits made in local markets," they said.
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-61090995

It appears Disney has no problem cutting their queer clips for Chinese children. But don't dare ask them to offer the same respect to American children. Perhaps conservatives need to learn that boycotts will make a difference.
Warner Brothers isn’t Disney, so boycotting Disney won’t have an effect on Warner Brothers. And gay hating Christians have done their share of boycotting. It’s just that they don’t wild enough economic power to have any effect. So, boycott Disney. Shorter lines for me.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 3:49 am
It appears Disney has no problem cutting their queer clips for Chinese children. But don't dare ask them to offer the same respect to American children. Perhaps conservatives need to learn that boycotts will make a difference.
Why don't conservatives make their own movies? you have your own social media platform now, why not movies and cartoons? Since there is no market for the woke stuff pouring out of Hollywood, isn't there a big opportunity for family-value programming?
This is actually a thing - or trying to be a thing.
https://www.dailywire.com/videos/introducing-my wife-kids
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Steelhead wrote:This is actually a thing - or trying to be a thing.
Funny. Years ago there was an outlet for family movies and my parents had built a library of them. They would send me one sometimes for my birthday. I never watched any of them. Seems like we all had that in common, as I never saw them watching these movies either. They watched a lot of regular movies instead, usually historical-based or war movies, and didn't like the swearing, but they learned to know when to feign shock over a bad word or turn their ears off if they knew it was coming, and enjoy the rest.

The right-wing is inconsistent here, go figure. Either Society has good taste, pans 'woke' movies, and there is a huge opportunity for young Christian producers to give the people what they're begging for, or society is bad and generally prefers 'woke' movies.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

"Hollywood's principaled stand for LGBTQU ?:^(&%^#@ against the Parental Rights in Education act... It seems their courage ends where their bank account begins. They had no problem censoring and cutting the gay parts out of the Harry Potter prequel if that's what China demanded.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 12:18 am
"Hollywood's principaled stand for LGBTQU ?:^(&%^#@ against the Parental Rights in Education act... It seems their courage ends where their bank account begins. They had no problem censoring and cutting the gay parts out of the Harry Potter prequel if that's what China demanded.
So, move to China. At least they share your taste in movies.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.