Trump: Jan 6th was Pelosi's fault

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
MeDotOrg
2nd Quorum of 70

Trump: Jan 6th was Pelosi's fault

Post by MeDotOrg »

From The Washington Post
Former president Donald Trump voiced regret Wednesday over not marching to the U.S. Capitol the day his supporters stormed the building, and he defended his long silence during the attack by claiming House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and others were responsible for ending the deadly violence.

“I thought it was a shame, and I kept asking why isn’t she doing something about it? Why isn’t Nancy Pelosi doing something about it? And the mayor of D.C. also. The mayor of D.C. and Nancy Pelosi are in charge,” Trump said of the Jan. 6, 2021, riot in a 45-minute interview with The Washington Post.

The 45th president has repeatedly deflected blame for stoking the attack with false claims that the 2020 election was stolen, and in the interview, he struck a defiant posture, refusing to say whether he would testify before a congressional committee investigating the Jan. 6 assault. Trump said he didn’t remember “getting very many” phone calls that day, and he denied removing call logs or using burner phones.

Trump also said he had spoken during his presidency with Virginia “Ginni” Thomas, the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas. A seven-hour gap in Trump’s phone records on Jan. 6, and Thomas’s texts to then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows urging the White House to fight the election results, have both come under scrutiny by the Jan. 6 committee.
Imagine after Pearl Harbor Franklin Roosevelt saying it was the job of the Mayor of Honolulu to work out a defense plan with the Army and Navy.

“I hated seeing it. I hated seeing it. It’s got to be taken care of, and I assumed they were taking care of it.”

It is literally unbelievable.

According to Donald Trump, the records turned over indicate he made or received no phone calls for over 7 hours through the White House Switchboard. During that time he was just wishing that Nancy Pelosi would make it go away.

so...everyone okay with that?
The great problem of any civilization is how to rejuvenate itself without rebarbarization.
- Will Durant
"Of what meaning is the world without mind? The question cannot exist."
- Edwin Land
Some Schmo
God

Re: Trump: Jan 6th was Pelosi's fault

Post by Some Schmo »

This is the kind of thing that makes me not wonder about Trump, but the people who admire him. He's clearly a damned child, and yet his followers think he's "strong." Being a whiny, irresponsible asshole is not strong.

I cannot understand admiring Trump unless something is seriously wrong with you. It's not policy or ideological differences here. He is an obvious nut case and douche bag, and if a person likes him despite that or thinks he did a good job as President, they are screwed up.

It doesn't make me optimistic about humanity.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Some Schmo wrote:
Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:55 pm
This is the kind of thing that makes me not wonder about Trump, but the people who admire him. He's clearly a damned child, and yet his followers think he's "strong." Being a whiny, irresponsible asshole is not strong.

I cannot understand admiring Trump unless something is seriously wrong with you. It's not policy or ideological differences here. He is an obvious nut case and douche bag, and if a person likes him despite that or thinks he did a good job as President, they are screwed up.
Politics has become the new religion. The way I see it, it is similar to how people can know all of the shady and immoral things Joseph Smith did but still revere him as prophet. People see the end result Trump is promising and are willing to pardon ANY behavior to allow him to bring them there.
Some Schmo wrote:

It doesn't make me optimistic about humanity.
Amen to that.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Trump's going to be like all boo-hoo when the Republicans choose Majorie Taylor Greene as their official leader. They want somebody that is equally crazy and lying, but a bit more stable.

Some Schmo wrote:
I cannot understand admiring Trump unless something is seriously wrong with you. It's not policy or ideological differences here. He is an obvious nut case and douche bag, and if a person likes him despite that or thinks he did a good job as the President, they are screwed up.
Those are the qualities that Republicans admire. The passphrase they use to identify one another is, "Fox got your brain?"

by the way, isn't it awful that Merrick Garland turned out to be such a dud as Attorney General?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

bay.jpg
bay.jpg (111.75 KiB) Viewed 387 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18
Vēritās
God

Post by Vēritās »

Marjorie Taylor Green just said that the insurrection would have been successful if she planned it because she would make sure everyone was armed!

How is this dumb bitch allowed to hold office?

"If Steve Bannon and I had organized that, we would have won. Not to mention, we would’ve been armed."
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal ...(there are) mentally challenged people with special needs like myself- Ajax18