Ted Cruz - The Slimiest Politician in Our Era

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Nomomo
Priest

Ted Cruz - The Slimiest Politician in Our Era

Post by Nomomo »

Donald Trump is dozens of despicable things, and is the biggest mistake in US electoral politics to ever have been elected as President of the United States. But, Ted Cruz is definitely by far and away, the "slimiest" politician of our current era. If you were to look up the definition of "slimeball" in the dictionary you would see a picture of Ted Cruz there,..

Last edited by Nomomo on Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Re: Ted Cruz - The Slimiest Politician in Our Era

Post by Dr. Shades »

Umm, . . . you forgot the part wherein you explain why you feel this way.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Nomomo
Priest

Post by Nomomo »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:31 am
With all due respect Shades, I call BS! This is definitely not a "post and run" (or whatever term you call it) by your rules.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Nomomo wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:42 am
Dr. Shades wrote:
Sat Apr 09, 2022 9:31 am
With all due respect Shades, I call B.S.! This is definitely not a "post and run" (or whatever term you call it) by your rules.
Right. The "link and run" rule only applies to links. In this case, you made general statements but gave us nothing to discuss. So, since it's your thread, please get us started: What specific words or deeds from/by Ted Cruz convinced you that he is all those things you say he is?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Well what is with asking the supreme ct nominee if she thinks babies are racist while holding up somebody else's childrens book? Its just weird. I suppose it is possible I misunderstand. It appears to me to be grandstanding for racists. It is Possible that it is just grandstanding for people who want a reason to reject anybody not well right of center.

It really may be beyond my ability to analyze exactly. I have been unable to loose the impression that have had for years that Cruz is the most Machiavellian political manipulator in America. Fortunately he lacks Trumps bravado which some people find charismatic.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 5:00 am
What specific words or deeds from/by Ted Cruz convinced you that he is all those things you say he is?
Yeah, what is the sum total of this meme-makers knowledge regarding Ted Cruz? Do you happen to have his CV?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Moksha wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2022 10:09 am
Yeah, what is the sum total of this meme-makers knowledge regarding Ted Cruz? Do you happen to have his CV?
I’m not referring to the meme-maker; I’m referring to the opening poster. And I’m not referring to any “sum total” of anything; I’m referring to the specific words and/or deeds that caused the opening poster to draw the conclusion he or she did.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

I do not think it is fair to say Cruz has a complete lack of intelligence. He managed to complete an education.He is smart enough to be responsible for what he says.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Enough said.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith