New Study on Trump Supporters ties to Racist Views

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: New Study on Trump Supporters ties to Racist Views

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:36 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 5:32 pm

One of the most important things the shooter recorded on his youtube channel is this: "'Mr. Mayor, let me say to you I’m a victim of your mental health program in New York City,” James says in a video earlier this year, adding he is “full of hate, full anger and bitterness.'"

https://japantoday.com/category/world/p ... 27s-videos

Hate, anger and bitterness is what drove this man to grab a gun and start shooting. Hate, anger and bitterness is what you bring to this forum in every post. You are complicit in feeding the hate, anger and bitterness that is tearing this country down. You're creating a country filled with hate, anger and bitterness for your children and mine to live in. Why do you do keep doing this?
James was a product of the hate, anger, and bitterness stirred up by the leftwing media outlets CNN and MSNBC. He doesn't even know who I am. If he were a Republican who watches Fox News you'd be demanding that Fox News be cancelled boycotted, etc. I'm just noting the double standard you have when it comes to stirring up hate, anger, and bitterness. And it's not racist to observe that most criminals in New York are black and hispanic. Seeing this doesn't mean you think all blacks and hispanics are criminals. It doesn't mean one hates blacks or hispanics. It's just an observation of fact.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:54 pm
This article lays it out pretty well.

Are you a liar or just retarded?

The AP, which is national, described the perp as black as the manhunt was underway. ABC news NY also described the perp as black as soon as the NYPD released a description. The NY Intelligencer reported likewise. NY Times ran a piece that described him as a black man. Day of the shooting a mainstream media NYC news report:

@ 4:08 https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news-4-now/n ... 2/3642688/

Why are you a liar, and/or, why are you a retard? When Bing Bong and Atlantic Cuck were haranguing this forum on your behalf it’s because they felt in you a kindred retarded spirit and were defending a forever-liar, racist, and idiot “F” up who doesn’t read, and doesn’t ever learn his damned lesson. No matter how many times you’ve been shown that your sources are misleading you, you damned donkey, you just go back to their BS well to lap some more up sluice.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Cool story, bro. Exactly what did he see on CNN that led him to shout up a subway car full of people? You’ve spent all day pushing a fake narrative that’s sole function is to make you hate “the left.” And you do it constantly. Why?
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:01 pm
Alright here is the link to where I got this,

https://www.dailywire.com/episode/ep-14 ... oe-biden-2

It starts at 27:54.

At 29:52, we get the NY law enforcement timeline.

I'm quoting from MSNBC which starts at 31:35

MSNBC anchor: You talk about getting the public to help you find this suspect. An image, or a picture might be useful? Do you anticipate being able to release one anytime soon?

Mayor Eric Adams: Yeah, but what we don't want to do is to put out the wrong picture, the wrong image. This must be done in a coordinated, intelligent way to make sure that whatever leads we receive once we properly identify the person we are looking for, the person of interest, that's when you want to release that photo.

Ben: So you have a real time crisis in finding the shooter but you can't release the photo because um... you gotta be real careful here. They have photos from the platform. The photos are available now. They have those right away.

Why did you pick the shovel back up?

This is very different than what you claimed. Let me list both of the statements (then, and now) together:
ajax: New York City's mayor admitted that they withheld the photo for a long time lest it "send the wrong message," to the public.
Mayor Eric Adams: Yeah, but what we don't want to do is to put out the wrong picture, the wrong image. This must be done in a coordinated, intelligent way to make sure that whatever leads we receive once we properly identify the person we are looking for, the person of interest, that's when you want to release that photo.
Wanting to make sure that you release the actual picture of the actual suspect - as opposed to posting pics of folks that weren’t responsible - is not in any way the same as what you claimed.

Wrong picture is not the same as wrong message. You got your stories mixed up and now you’re trying to justify your imagined theories about what wasn’t said.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

My experience of observing cable news the day this happened was that the talking heads were saying that a “dark-skinned man” was the perpetrator. I thought that was odd, but I assumed they simply did not know his race. I still think that may have been the case.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Kishkumen wrote:
Fri Apr 15, 2022 10:57 am
My experience of observing cable news the day this happened was that the talking heads were saying that a “dark-skinned man” was the perpetrator. I thought that was odd, but I assumed they simply did not know his race. I still think that may have been the case.

Given how James was dressed in the first retrieved surveillance vids, that’s a reasonable conclusion.

Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

It's not at all unreasonable to suggest that the shooter was in part motivated by awareness and resentment of the very real phenomenon of the white supremacist sentiments that seem to be taking hold amongst too many hard right conservatives, especially the Trump MAGA variety, apparently including ajax. The irrational fear that whites might eventually no longer constitute a majority of the nation's population (as if that were necessarily a bad thing) permeates the thinking of too many of the hard right conservative crowd. They fear they may be somehow replaced by people who are currently in the minority, and that minorities' rights are growing too fast and may be becoming not only equal but somehow superior to the rights of white Americans. A new study shows that this irrational fear may be the greatest single motivation for the infamous and disgraceful Jan 6 riot.

The overwhelming majority of these rioters were white males, and all but a tiny minority of them were prosperous, with good, fairly high paying jobs, many of them even being successful entrepreneurs, highly paid accountants and even CEOs. I get the impression that many of them simply couldn't bear the thought that some minority people might someday possibly prove to be their equal or even superior in any way that really matters.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

A 17+ minute video. Is there a particular segment you’d like the reader to focus on? Not everyone shares a passion for Christiane Amanpour or NPR interviewers.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:50 pm
A 17+ minute video. Is there a particular segment you’d like the reader to focus on? Not everyone shares a passion for Christiane Amanpour or NPR interviewers.

- Doc
I happen to like NPR interviewers and find them more credible and informative than most, and certainly far more so than FOX interviewers.

Try watching at about the 4:50 mark or so to get what they perceived as the primary motivation for most of the rioters.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Ok. So what is the fear specifically? In other words, what does the demographic replacement portend for white America?

- Doc