Putin Orders Elon Musk Skylink Satellite Destroyed - W.W. 3?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Philo Sofee
God

Putin Orders Elon Musk Skylink Satellite Destroyed - W.W. 3?

Post by Philo Sofee »

My wife just read an article that Putin has ordered Elon Musk's Skylink Satellite destroyed. Are we approaching another World War? China is completely locked down in Shanghai, the producer of 20% of the world's goods, its port is closed and 4,000,000,000 (it said four thousand million!) people in the country are locked down. Tesla's plant is idle, food by the millions of tons is rotting in the containers since ships can't get to them to distribute.
This is getting ugly fast.
Anyone else seeing all of this? Or are we victims of rumor mongering?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: Putin Orders Elon Musk Skylink Satellite Destroyed - W.W. 3?

Post by Markk »

We are in a mess for sure…

I have been working on a project for the past few years, right on the coast in SoCal. About 6-8 months ago when I arrive at work, if it is clear, which is most of the time, I can count the container ships lined up for unloading…I can see the San Pedro/Long Beach harbor at a distance and the ships. During the height of the back up I could easily count over a dozen ships, and Catalina Island is in the way so that might have been double counting those out of view behind the Island.

The positive is that for the past few months there has been only half that or less, some days none, but I noticed last week a few more..maybe five or so in sight. I have to walk down a bluff on a dirt road to my office and I have a really neat view. I’ll have to tell you my UFO story one day, I don’t really but into that stuff, but one morning in the dark i saw something.

On a side note these ships are so massive, and when get there early and it is still dark and you see them lit up with there lights, it is quite a site…pretty cool.
High Spy
1st Quorum of 70

Post by High Spy »

https://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=66228 wrote: I don't know if Putin ...... is part of God's plan for these times or not. If what is happening is God's plan then there is nothing that can be done. If this is just the randomness of man then I have had enough of Putin. I always have some doubt in these kind of things because it is always so fantastical but I'm going to see what the Spirit and I can do.
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Ukraine is using the starlink system in its defense.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/20 ... s-1215050/

So, no wonder Putin would want it destroyed. I hope he doesn't have that capability.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Snazzip
Sunbeam

Post by Snazzip »

Philo Sofee wrote: ...and 4,000,000,000 (it said four thousand million!) people in the country are locked down.
China only has about 1.4 billion people. So, unless they brought in two and a half billion people just to lock them down for some reason, I think this may be wrong.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Snazzip wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:59 pm
Philo Sofee wrote: ...and 4,000,000,000 (it said four thousand million!) people in the country are locked down.
China only has about 1.4 billion people. So, unless they brought in two and a half billion people just to lock them down for some reason, I think this may be wrong.
I suspect so also... the lockdown, however, is really happening, and it is affecting the world wide markets...unfortunately.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:25 pm
Ukraine is using the starlink system in its defense.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/03/20 ... s-1215050/

So, no wonder Putin would want it destroyed. I hope he doesn't have that capability.
That was my understanding, and my hope also. The good news is Musk has more money than all of Russia, he could do some army damage of his own were he to wish to do so...
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

In an interconnected economy that is hotly competitive, where the low-cost producer wins all by a thread, disruptions aren't resolved overnight -- there's nobody available to just pick up the baton and keep running. Remember how back in the 2010s there was a flood in Thailand, and suddenly the price of hard drives doubled or tripled? That's because about 10 different companies formed an economic cluster in Thailand that had scaled to be as a region, a low cost producer of hard drives, and when that gets wiped off the map, it's not even conceivable, for instance, for a plant to arise in a month in Michigan and start production, because even at double or triple price, you're probably not anywhere near that price point for profitability. Now we're seeing this same kind of problem for a large number of things.

One of the ideas being tested right now that's kind of like the "too big to fail" idea is "too integrated to fail". The idea that as a world, we're too interconnected, and cutting one tiny circuit could have disastrous consequences to the system as a whole. It looks like we're going to have to figure that. I think it's more like, we're very fearful of interrupting the status quo for Americans. For some nations there could be serious food consequences.

Tesla being idle is not a global catastrophe.

And yes, space will be the battleground for the next-gen wars.

Check out Israel's new laser defense system.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

The Russian expansion into their Sudetenland was a bad idea.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

China is completely locked down in Shanghai, the producer of 20% of the world's goods, its port is closed and 4,000,000,000 (it said four thousand million!) people in the country are locked down.
Xi's two terms are coming to an end and up until now, China had term limits. So he has to shutdown his economy and suspend the civil rights of individuals to go to work, make a living, etc. in order to secure power in the coming Chinese election season. I'm not sure Xi is doing anything worse than what the Democrats did in 2020.

In the words of the Governator, "Screw your rights!" Trash the economy and rack up an insurmountable debt with 40 year record inflation.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.