Putin Orders Elon Musk Skylink Satellite Destroyed - W.W. 3?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: Putin Orders Elon Musk Skylink Satellite Destroyed - W.W. 3?

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:28 pm
China is completely locked down in Shanghai, the producer of 20% of the world's goods, its port is closed and 4,000,000,000 (it said four thousand million!) people in the country are locked down.
Xi's two terms are coming to an end and up until now, China had term limits. So he has to shutdown his economy and suspend the civil rights of individuals to go to work, make a living, etc. in order to secure power in the coming Chinese election season. I'm not sure Xi is doing anything worse than what the Democrats did in 2020.

In the words of the Governator, "Screw your rights!" Trash the economy and rack up an insurmountable debt with 40 year record inflation.
The lockdown in Shanghai is to enforce their Covid containment policy. It is not to copycat Trump's ploy to assume a lifetime dictatorship and have himself anointed the Orange Emperor.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

It is not to copycat Trump's ploy to assume a lifetime dictatorship and have himself anointed the Orange Emperor.
It's a copycat of how the Democrats used Covid restrictions to cheat by mail. The lifetime dictator pulling the strings behind the scenes in all this is Barack Husein Obama.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 3:44 pm
It is not to copycat Trump's ploy to assume a lifetime dictatorship and have himself anointed the Orange Emperor.
It's a copycat of how the Democrats used Covid restrictions to cheat by mail. The lifetime dictator pulling the strings behind the scenes in all this is Barack Husein Obama.
OMG this world is going to be so better off when you people are gone.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:28 pm

Xi's two terms are coming to an end and up until now, China had term limits. So he has to shutdown his economy and suspend the civil rights of individuals to go to work, make a living, etc. in order to secure power in the coming Chinese election season. I'm not sure Xi is doing anything worse than what the Democrats did in 2020.

In the words of the Governator, "Screw your rights!" Trash the economy and rack up an insurmountable debt with 40 year record inflation.
Sigh.

China's Xi allowed to remain 'president for life' as term limits removed
11 March 2018

The hint is in the date. I made it big to help you out.
China has approved the removal of the two-term limit on the presidency, effectively allowing Xi Jinping to remain in power for life.
The constitutional changes were passed by the annual sitting of parliament, the National People's Congress.
The vote was widely regarded as a rubber-stamping exercise. Two delegates voted against the change and three abstained, out of 2,964 votes.
Xi already has all the power he needs, for as long as he can sustain it. And he has been in that position for over four years, long before the pandemic.

Your comparison between the establishment of Xi's dictatorship for life and any action by one of the US's major parties, which still operate under something resembling the rule of law with strict limits on terms of office, is either a spectacular act of contempt for your own country and its freedoms (which are still infinitely superior to China), or it is just idiotic and ignorant babbling.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Snazzip
Sunbeam

Post by Snazzip »

Chap wrote:
Your comparison between the establishment of Xi's dictatorship for life and any action by one of the US's major parties, which still operate under something resembling the rule of law with strict limits on terms of office, is either a spectacular act of contempt for your own country and its freedoms (which are still infinitely superior to China), or it is just idiotic and ignorant babbling.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

ajax18 wrote:
Utah, the LDS Republican State, had been using mail-in ballots as the primary means of voting for several elections before we were experiencing a time of contagion. It works well as a means of voting. It freed me from having to stand in long lines. I am able to perform this civic duty via my postal carrier.

Your mention of cheating is a repetition of the lies from your whining orange demagogue.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:30 am
ajax18 wrote:
Utah, the LDS Republican State, had been using mail-in ballots as the primary means of voting for several elections before we were experiencing a time of contagion. It works well as a means of voting. It freed me from having to stand in long lines. I am able to perform this civic duty via my postal carrier.

Your mention of cheating is a repetition of the lies from your whining orange demagogue.
That is right, Moksha. Thank you. Thank you for insulting ajax and that orange demagogue. Excellent contribution. Thanks.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
This is outrageous paranoid nonsense unsupported by anything other than flat, totally unsubstantiated assertions by Trump and his cowardly, corrupt and/or deluded sycophants and supporters. Numerous studies and investigations have shown rather conclusively that election fraud, by mail or otherwise, is extremely rare, and at least as often committed by Republicans as by Democrats. In fact, a majority of the few proven election fraud cases were committed by Republicans. Even William Barr, Trump's appointee as Attorney General, admitted that there was not enough electoral fraud to significantly affect the election results one way or the other.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

ajax18 wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah that Obama cat.....oh is he ever tricky and foolin everyone. Hey, for your ears only, seriously, I have some premium seaside property here in Montana I really will sell you for 20% BELOW going value, being at $6,000,000/acre, undeveloped! 6 mile stretch of gorgeous white sand beach, I'll give you first dibs. You can't go wrong, greatest retirement place in America! Send me the check and you will never regret it enjoying the sunny beaches and deep ocean fishing...
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Philo Sofee wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 12:39 pm
ajax18 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah that Obama cat.....oh is he ever tricky and foolin everyone. Hey, for your ears only, seriously, I have some premium seaside property here in Montana I really will sell you for 20% BELOW going value, being at $6,000,000/acre, undeveloped! 6 mile stretch of gorgeous white sand beach, I'll give you first dibs. You can't go wrong, greatest retirement place in America! Send me the check and you will never regret it enjoying the sunny beaches and deep ocean fishing...
Can I pay you with a promise that you will have a right to all the social seurity funds I will ever receive for my forced retirement savings?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.