How do you feel about BLMs multimillionaire CEO

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

How do you feel about BLM CEO Patrice Cullor's fortune won through the nonprofit BLM

I agree with BLM's cause and gave money to help their cause but I don't agree with this money going to make millionaires out of the founders of this nonprofit social justice organization.
43%
I agree with BLM's cause and gave money to help their cause. I think Patrice Cullor's should be a multimillionaire for the work she's done for BLM. I'm glad my donations helped her purchase multiple million dollar homes in the white southern California suburbs and pocket many more millions in cash.
14%
I don't agree with BLM's premise that there is systemic racism in policing. Blacks have more trouble with law enforcement because they commit more crimes and resist arrest or get violent when they called out on it. I gave no money to their cause nor did I burn down any businesses in their marches. Those who donated money to this cause should have known what kind of people they were dealing with.
43%

Total votes: 7

Some Schmo
God

Re: How do you feel about BLMs multimillionaire CEO

Post by Some Schmo »

I feel the same way about all multi-millionaires:

- If they are well known for philanthropy and are giving most of their money away, then I say good on them
- If they are merely seeking to increase the size of their bank account to have something more to brag about, they're a damned hoarder with deep phycological problems and should be institutionalized for their criminal selfishness
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

Outrage against Ajax's racism aside, it is not only right-wingers who have questioned this situation and expressed serious concerns. In fact, local branches of BLM have been very unhappy with Cullors. Many of us can agree that Ajax has predictable and distasteful motives, but let's not make the mistake of going to the extreme of pretending that no one but racists had serious questions about this situation.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Kishkumen wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:00 pm
Outrage against Ajax's racism aside, it is not only right-wingers who have questioned this situation and expressed serious concerns. In fact, local branches of BLM have been very unhappy with Cullors. Many of us can agree that Ajax has predictable and distasteful motives, but let's not make the mistake of going to the extreme of pretending that no one but racists had serious questions about this situation.
Serious questions are fine, but once answered, you don't go pretending they weren't and then run with a media narrative that contradicts those answers.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

K Graham wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:21 pm
Serious questions are fine, but once answered, you don't go pretending they weren't and then run with a media narrative that contradicts those answers.
I don't know that all the questions have been answered, especially when there are plenty of questions about the lack of support that BLM Global was giving to local chapters. This is the problem with this ideologically motivated bickering, which consists of scouring the internet for facts that rarely get to the bottom of any issue. It will probably take a lot more effort, involving investigators, lawyers, and even courts to get closer to the truth of what has gone on with this. It may all be aboveboard. There may be legitimate problems. In any case, that doesn't change the fact that racism continues to be a problem in this country, and that efforts such as BLM are needed to carry on the fight against racism.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow