How do you feel about BLMs multimillionaire CEO

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

How do you feel about BLM CEO Patrice Cullor's fortune won through the nonprofit BLM

I agree with BLM's cause and gave money to help their cause but I don't agree with this money going to make millionaires out of the founders of this nonprofit social justice organization.
43%
I agree with BLM's cause and gave money to help their cause. I think Patrice Cullor's should be a multimillionaire for the work she's done for BLM. I'm glad my donations helped her purchase multiple million dollar homes in the white southern California suburbs and pocket many more millions in cash.
14%
I don't agree with BLM's premise that there is systemic racism in policing. Blacks have more trouble with law enforcement because they commit more crimes and resist arrest or get violent when they called out on it. I gave no money to their cause nor did I burn down any businesses in their marches. Those who donated money to this cause should have known what kind of people they were dealing with.
43%

Total votes: 7

K Graham
God

Re: How do you feel about BLMs multimillionaire CEO

Post by K Graham »

Were purchases connected to BLM?

The core question here is whether Khan-Cullors' purchases are linked to her BLM role, as the post implies.

For this claim, like any others we fact-check, the burden of proof is on the speaker. The post provided no proof of such a connection, the author did not respond to provide any, and we found none in our research, though documents are limited given the nature of the organization and Khan-Cullors' employment history.
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/fac ... 241450002/

I wonder if ajax will demand an apology from Brietbart for defaming this black woman.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kukulkan wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:48 pm
I think most everyone will agree the misuse of any funds is not a good thing. I am curious to know ajax, what are your thoughts on the illegal use of funds by the Trump Foundation?

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/j ... foundation
NEW YORK — A New York judge ordered President Donald Trump to pay $2 million to settle a lawsuit alleging he misused his charitable foundation to further his political and business interests.
You should start your own thread, and not derail this one with whataboutism.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:05 am

- Doc
I feel that my subsequent comments 'rerailed' my slight derailment with the whataboutism. What are your thoughts though? Do you think there is any merit to the argument that leaders of BLM orgs misused funds?
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Kukulkan wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:21 am
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:05 am

- Doc
I feel that my subsequent comments 'rerailed' my slight derailment with the whataboutism. What are your thoughts though? Do you think there is any merit to the argument that leaders of BLM orgs misused funds?
I, like most people, don’t really have a full or clear picture of BLMNGF’s financials. I see an Economist article referencing $10.6 billion in pledges to BLM and BLM-related charitable causes, but I don’t think anyone has an idea of anyone else’s monies. Even if I agreed with BLM’s mission statement, I wouldn’t donate to it because there’s no obvious oversight and no obvious purpose to the national office’s affiliate offices’ use of funds other than agitating for more funds. The whole thing appears to be a massive grift predicated on grievance theater.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

So you do think the Trump Foundation misused funds but you would still donate or you don't think they misused funds at all?
I'd have to see exactly how the Trump campaign funds were misused. I'm not going to take a left wing district attorney, an Obama appointed judge or anyone else with obvious Trump derangement syndromes verdict without hearing more specifics? Is the Trump foundation even a political campaign or some kind of celebrity charity from before he came down the escalator? If you have something specific than I would tell you if it bothers me. But from what I've seen right now, yes I will continue to donate to Donald Trump's campaign. It does my heart good to see him playing golf in south Florida.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Binger
God
Location: That's the difference. I actually have a Blue Heeler

Post by Binger »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:55 am
Kukulkan wrote:

I, like most people, don’t really have a full or clear picture of BLMNGF’s financials. I see an Economist article referencing $10.6 billion in pledges to BLM and BLM-related charitable causes, but I don’t think anyone has an idea of anyone else’s monies. Even if I agreed with BLM’s mission statement, I wouldn’t donate to it because there’s no obvious oversight and no obvious purpose to the national office’s affiliate offices’ use of funds other than agitating for more funds. The whole thing appears to be a massive grift predicated on grievance theater.

- Doc
That all makes complete and total sense.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:55 am
Kukulkan wrote:

- Doc
It's pretty clear that they brought a $6 million house for $4 million then sold it two weeks later for $6.9 million or more. Nobody knows every detail of it. But it doesn't take a J.D. in tax law to look at the big picture and see as you do that this is a massive grift predicated on grievance theater.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

I think most everyone will agree the misuse of any funds is not a good thing.
Well Kukulkan we've already got at least one person polled who is happy to be paying for Patrice Cullors suburban SoCal mansion. Is there any way to know who it is?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Ajax, this is only a concern because you are sticking it to a black person, isn't it?
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:44 am
I couldn't write my Trump donations off on my taxes. Can you write BLM donations off on ypur taxes?

You couldn’t write off your Biden donations, either, if you were to make any. Donations to political campaigns aren’t deductible.

And ‘BLM’ isn’t running for office.