How do you feel about BLMs multimillionaire CEO

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.

How do you feel about BLM CEO Patrice Cullor's fortune won through the nonprofit BLM

I agree with BLM's cause and gave money to help their cause but I don't agree with this money going to make millionaires out of the founders of this nonprofit social justice organization.
43%
I agree with BLM's cause and gave money to help their cause. I think Patrice Cullor's should be a multimillionaire for the work she's done for BLM. I'm glad my donations helped her purchase multiple million dollar homes in the white southern California suburbs and pocket many more millions in cash.
14%
I don't agree with BLM's premise that there is systemic racism in policing. Blacks have more trouble with law enforcement because they commit more crimes and resist arrest or get violent when they called out on it. I gave no money to their cause nor did I burn down any businesses in their marches. Those who donated money to this cause should have known what kind of people they were dealing with.
43%

Total votes: 7

ajax18
God

Re: How do you feel about BLMs multimillionaire CEO

Post by ajax18 »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:13 am
Ajax, this is only a concern because you are sticking it to a black person, isn't it?
I'm surveying how you feel about this case. Whaich option did you choose Moksha?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:36 am
Moksha wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:13 am
Ajax, this is only a concern because you are sticking it to a black person, isn't it?
I'm surveying how you feel about this case. Whaich option did you choose Moksha?
If you gave a damn how anyone felt you could simply ask them. Your "poll" is reduced to three ridiculous options that relies on a position it assumes to be true.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

If this option were available:

I agree with BLM's cause. I think Patrice Cullor's shouldn't be criticized for being a multimillionaire just because she is black and female.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:45 am
It's pretty clear that they brought a $6 million house for $4 million then sold it two weeks later for $6.9 million or more. Nobody knows every detail of it. But it doesn't take a J.D. in tax law to look at the big picture and see as you do that this is a massive grift predicated on grievance theater.
Face it ajax, you don't know ANY details about ANY of this. The organization has stated no money was stolen from them nor were any funds used to buy properties. Your position is inherently racist because it presumes a black woman concerned about inequality cannot be a successful financially. For racists like you, the ONLY way she should be able to afford a house that expensive is through illegitimate means.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:55 am
I, like most people, don’t really have a full or clear picture of BLMNGF’s financials. I see an Economist article referencing $10.6 billion in pledges to BLM and BLM-related charitable causes, but I don’t think anyone has an idea of anyone else’s monies. Even if I agreed with BLM’s mission statement, I wouldn’t donate to it because there’s no obvious oversight and no obvious purpose to the national office’s affiliate offices’ use of funds other than agitating for more funds. The whole thing appears to be a massive grift predicated on grievance theater.

- Doc
And that's why I wouldn't donate to it either. Where would the money go, and for what purpose?

BLM is much bigger than any organization but ajax likes to keep things small so he can attack them easier. The overall movement is a decentralized network of people and organizations with no formal hierarchy. The slogan "Black Lives Matter" itself remains untrademarked by any group.
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:53 am

I agree with BLM's cause. I think Patrice Cullor's shouldn't be criticized for being a multimillionaire just because she is black and female.
Could I make this option for you?

I agree with BLM's cause. I think Patrice Cullors made her millions off of individual private business and honest labor, not BLM donations. If anyone believes differently, than they are lying racists, misogynist, homophobes.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:13 pm
K Graham wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 11:53 am

Could I make this option for you?

I agree with BLM's cause. I think Patrice Cullors made her millions off of individual private business and honest labor, not BLM donations. If anyone believes differently, than they are lying racists, misogynist, homophobes.
Why are you providing options that make definitive statements about the sources of her income when in reality you have no idea. None of us do. That's what makes your entire survey idiotic.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

how about:
I agree with BLM's cause. I think Patrice Cullors made her millions off of individual private business and honest labor, not BLM donations. If anyone believes differently, having recycled a story about fraud from a source that is wrong 9 out of 10 times without first having put any effort into verifying the claims, then racism is a strong candidate for a motive.
You also failed to offer any options for those of us who haven't donated to BLM but for reasons other than claims about fraud.
dantana
2nd Counselor
Location: Joined 7/18/11, so, apparently, position of senior ranking member.

Post by dantana »

For me, even if she did make her money legit-ly off of her new found celebrity, living a life of conspicuous consumption isn't a very good look for someone who sets themselves up as a crusader for bringing a people out of poverty and oppression.
Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever. - Lee Marvin/Monte Walsh
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

dantana wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:11 pm
For me, even if she did make her money legit-ly off of her new found celebrity, living a life of conspicuous consumption isn't a very good look for someone who sets themselves up as a crusader for bringing a people out of poverty and oppression.
If you are going to count being wealthy as a reason for doubting someone's bona fides as an advocate for the poor, that would have eliminated quite a few past US politicians who did a lot for the poor and oppressed. I'm not sure that the poor and oppressed would have been delighted by that.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.