(AWNAA) up for a vote, but will Joe Manchin agree?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

(AWNAA) up for a vote, but will Joe Manchin agree?

Post by ajax18 »

The Americans With No Abilities Act (AWNAA)

Democratic Senators are considering introducing legislation that will provide new benefits for many more Americans. The ‘Americans With No
Abilities Act’ is being hailed as a major legislative goal by advocates of the millions of Americans who lack any real skills and ambition.

“Roughly 50 percent of Americans do not possess the competence and drive necessary to carve out a meaningful role for themselves in society,” said VP Kamala Harris. “We can no longer stand by and allow ‘People of Inability’ (POI) to be ridiculed and passed over. With this legislation, employers will no longer be able to grant special favors to a small group of workers, simply because they have some idea of what they are doing.”

In a Capitol Hill press conference, Nancy Pelosi pointed to the success of the ‘U.S. Postal Service,’ which has a long-standing policy of providing opportunity without regard to performance. At the state government level, the ‘Department of Motor Vehicles’ also has an excellent record of hiring persons with No Ability (63 percent).

Under the ‘Americans With No Abilities Act,’ more than 25 million mid-level positions will be created, with important-sounding titles but little real responsibility, thus providing an illusory sense of purpose and performance.

Finally, the ‘Americans With No Abilities Act’ contains tough new measures to make it more difficult to discriminate against the non-abled, banning, for example, discriminatory interview questions such as “Do you have any skills or experience that relate to this job?”

“As a non-abled person, I can’t be expected to keep up with people who have something going for them,” said Mary Lou Gertz, who lost her position as a lug-nut twister at the Toyota plant in Georgetown, KY due to her inability to remember “righty tighty, lefty loosey.” “This new law should be real good for people like me. I’ll finally have job security.” With the passage of this bill, Gertz and millions of other untalented citizens will finally see a light at the end of the tunnel.

Said Sen. Dick Durbin (D) II: “As a senator with no abilities, I believe the same privileges that elected officials enjoy ought to be extended to every American with no abilities. It is our duty as lawmakers to provide each and every American citizen, regardless of his or her inadequacy, with some sort of space to take up in this great nation and a good salary for doing so!”
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
ajax18
God

Re: (AWNAA) up for a vote, but will Joe Manchin agree?

Post by ajax18 »

Sadly we've been left with a few of these employees at my store. I tried to explain to her how to accurately read a pair of glasses. I explained it once. Then I had her read the glasses while I watched her. Then I let her read the next pair on her own while I went to start the exam. The next pair came back and it was the same mistake. I started asking questions trying to figure out what she didn't understand. Soon it became apparent that she just didn't think it was her job to read glasses and she was not willing to learn how to do it correctly. I've fought the "It's not my job," line of crap for 10 years now when it came to taking out the trash but not being willing to use an automated lensometer is a new low. But at least she showed up for work which is more than I can say for most Americans these days.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Both you and Dr. Daniel Peterson have plagiarized this from a 1998 article in The Onion. How could I tell? It was too clever to be from Breitbart.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/ameri ... ities-act/
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Moksha wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:22 am
Both you and Dr. Daniel Peterson have plagiarized this from a 1998 article in The Onion. How could I tell? It was too clever to be from Breitbart.

Who could blame me for believing this was real? This is just the logical next step from social security.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 12:08 pm
Moksha wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 4:22 am

Who could blame me for believing this was real? This is just the logical next step from social security.
Anyone who has an appreciation for people not dumb. The fact that you have to constantly rely on lies and satire to make your fantasy world seem real, is telling.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Snazzip
Sunbeam

Post by Snazzip »

ajax18 wrote:
Moksha wrote: Both you and Dr. Daniel Peterson have plagiarized this from a 1998 article in The Onion. How could I tell? It was too clever to be from Breitbart.

"I believed stupid stuff other people made up, and was shown to be wrong, but that doesn't matter, because I'm right, because I really want it to be true."
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Anyone who has an appreciation for people not dumb. The fact that you have to constantly rely on lies and satire to make your fantasy world seem real, is telling.
I wish there weren't such a large element of truth in the original post.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:13 pm
So you believed lies and now you're making excuses because "elements" are true anyway.

[deleted, FR 2, RI]
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

K Graham wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 2:12 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 1:13 pm

So you believed lies and now you're making excuses because "elements" are true anyway.

[deleted FR 2 - RI]
It's the element of truth that makes good satire.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

God Almighty.

Ajax took that Onion article as straight news reporting? A new low.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.