Joe Biden identifies as a 'Full Professor' so now I'm a Harvard Professor.

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Uncle Rico
Sunbeam

Joe Biden identifies as a 'Full Professor' so now I'm a Harvard Professor.

Post by Uncle Rico »

https://youtu.be/RUOlnv1fj7w

Last night I came out to my wife as a tenured Harvard professor. At night, for a side gig, I drive an 18 wheeler to make extra money. Every July I vacation with Xi Jinping in the Andean Foothills of Argentina where we strip down naked and run through meadows filled with daisies. My new identity has brought such joy to my life. Understanding I can be whatever I want to be has opened up so many opportunities. Biden has helped me understand all truth is subjective. Facts don't matter. You are what you want to be, that's all that matters, even for the President of the United States.

The video above is for educational purposes only. It's filled with 'Biden facts' that no one can dispute because he can be whatever he wants no matter what the truth is. Hopefully the video will help someone who's struggling with identity understand you can be whatever you want, just start acting like you're what you desire to be and you'll eventually obtain your desired identity.
Professor Rico
I IDENTIFY AS A TENURED PROFESSOR & PROFESSIONAL STUD MUFFIN
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: Joe Biden identifies as a 'Full Professor' so now I'm a Harvard Professor.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Thank you for mentioning this. Thank you. I asked my friend’s sister damned Republican roofer cousin, who is from Virginia, Michael M. Nelson, what he thinks of Joe Biden. He put down the whippet and spray paint, and told me that any good Conservative won’t give any quarter to a Liberal. Perhaps we could have a poll on this so all of us can vote on what Biden did which pretty much makes the OP not Conservatively or literally relevant. Thanks for looking out for us.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

From 2017 to 2021, then-former Vice President Joe Biden was the Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor at the University of Pennsylvania.

But he wasn't a "full professor" (whatever that means).

Maybe he should've said something less obvious and more detached from the truth. You know, like his father was born in Germany, or that the American colonists were protecting airports, or windmills cause cancer, or the coronavirus was under control just before it killed a million Americans, etc.

Ajax should have absolutely zero problem with Biden's claim since there is an obvious "element of truth."
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Christ, the moron is back.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:37 pm
He's given up aspirations of becoming a roofer. Now he wants to drive 18 wheelers.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

"Full professor" isn't an academic rank, any more than "full general" or "full colonel" are military ranks. People constantly call Lieutenant Generals and Major Generals and even Brigadier Generals simply "General", by courtesy or as an abbreviation, and they constantly call Lieutenant Colonels "Colonel". In the same way Assistant Professors and Associate Professors and Adjunct Professors are normally addressed as plain "Professor".

The top general rank is plain "General", the top field rank is "Colonel", and the top academic rank is simply "Professor", without any qualifications. But to clarify that you are really talking about the actual top rank, and not about abbreviations of the lower ranks, people say, "full general", "full colonel", "full professor".

If Biden held an academic chair with the title of Professor, then he really was a full Professor, no matter how he got the appointment.

If his chair had a name and a subject, like "the Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor" or "the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics" or "the Cookie Monster Professor of Crumb Studies", then that not only counts as a full Professor rank but is even better, since normally only elite professors get named chairs like that. Named chairs generally come with significantly increased salaries, and possibly with other perks like extra research funds, provided by an endowment that some donor established. Usually the chair is named after the donor, but modest donors or institutional donors do sometimes choose to name the chairs they endow after other people.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Physics Guy wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:58 pm
"Full professor" isn't an academic rank, any more than "full general" or "full colonel" are military ranks. People constantly call Lieutenant Generals and Major Generals and even Brigadier Generals simply "General", by courtesy or as an abbreviation, and they constantly call Lieutenant Colonels "Colonel". In the same way Assistant Professors and Associate Professors and Adjunct Professors are normally addressed as plain "Professor".

The top general rank is plain "General", the top field rank is "Colonel", and the top academic rank is simply "Professor", without any qualifications. But to clarify that you are really talking about the actual top rank, and not about abbreviations of the lower ranks, people say, "full general", "full colonel", "full professor".

If Biden held an academic chair with the title of Professor, then he really was a full Professor, no matter how he got the appointment.

If his chair had a name and a subject, like "the Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor" or "the Lucasian Professor of Mathematics" or "the Cookie Monster Professor of Crumb Studies", then that not only counts as a full Professor rank but is even better, since normally only elite professors get named chairs like that. Named chairs generally come with significantly increased salaries, and possibly with other perks like extra research funds, provided by an endowment that some donor established. Usually the chair is named after the donor, but modest donors or institutional donors do sometimes choose to name the chairs they endow after other people.

thanks PG.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Physics Guy wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:58 pm
... "the Cookie Monster Professor of Crumb Studies", ...
Funny how one can discovers new life goals...
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Some Schmo wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 1:37 pm
So it seems. You see, he resurrected on Easter Sunday. Now he is amongst us in glory.

But be of good cheer! On 26 May we shall celebrate Ascension Day, when he will leave the board and ascend to cyber-heaven, there to sit at the right hand of his Father, Cultellus. From thence he shall come, in the fullness of time, to call us all before him in judgement, past posters and present.

And there shall be a new board, on which the posters shall be those whose names are written in the Book of Right, and all the PROGRESSIVES shall be cast into Outer Darkness, where there is weeping and wailing and gnashing of keyboards.

Amen.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

The bylaws of my actual, factual academic department at a research university in the United States of America use the term "full professor" to refer to someone who has advanced beyond the rank of associate professor.

Yes, folks, it's real. There is such thing as a "full professor" in American academia.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow