A miracle! Female impregnates Female At New Jersey Women's Prison

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Re: A miracle! Female impregnates Female At New Jersey Women's Prison

Post by Kukulkan »

Is it possible that you just ignore the glaringly obvious AM alt account? I am sorry but coming into a threat that he started and complaining about his behavior seems kind like you are punching yourself in the face and blaming him for it. We all get it, AM is a troll and unsavory person. His presence on the board is not desired and everyone wishes that he would just go away. You wanna know how to get him to go away? IGNORE HIM. He literally only continues to post because he savors in seeing people get triggered by him. Stop giving him what he wants.

AM wants to play and splash in a crap puddle. Let him do it. But if you continue to jump in with him and participate, stop complaining you end up covered in crap.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Kukulkan wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:58 pm
Is it possible that you just ignore the glaringly obvious AM alt account?
Yup, I have him on ignore, which as a registered member of the board I can do.

But it is not good for the image of the board to have posters like AM, who, contrary to the rules, create multiple sock puppets with the sole aim (evident from the long history of this poster) to disrupt the board and make it less likely that casual visitors (who will see all his posts) will find it a place that they would like to take part in. He basically hates this board, and would like to shut it down.

Hence my request for the mods to act in accordance with the rules.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Chap wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:10 pm
Kukulkan wrote:

But it is not good for the image of the board to have posters like AM, who, contrary to the rules, create multiple sock puppets with the sole aim (evident from the long history of this poster) to disrupt the board and make it less likely that casual visitors (who will see all his posts) will find it a place that they would like to take part in. He basically hates this board, and would like to shut it down.

Exactly. If I had to guess, I’d say AtlanticMike isn’t able to start threads except in Tel and S Prison, just like Binger, apparently. If he is circumventing that restriction by creating sock puppets and then littering S Paradise by starting threads clearly intended only to disrupt, it needs to be stopped. Visitors can’t see Tel and S Prison, If I recall correctly, so it would be great if the trolls could be constricted to fouling their nests there to their hearts content where everyone, including visitors can ignore them if they so choose.
Kukulkan
High Priest

Post by Kukulkan »

Chap wrote:

I get it, but the fact this glaringly obvious troll post made it to 3 pages of "discussion" is a pretty scathing indictment of the very behavior that AM was trollishly trying to call out. The fact that many people here have some sort of compulsion to reply to him only further showcases that. You know what should have happened with this post? People should have reported it and moved on. If the true worry is that his presence disrupts the normal flow of the board, THEN DON'T REPLY TO HIS POSTS. Let him continue to scream into the abyss, get bored, and then move on to the next corner of LDS/ex-LDS internet to stir something up. This post should never made it past 1 page.

Imagine there is a small fire in the corner of the room. It doesn't have enough fuel to burn forever, and if you don't add anything to it, the fire will eventually burn out in 15 minutes. It might be a slightly uncomfortable 15 minutes because nobody likes a fire in a building, but it cannot burn forever. What is happening here is a akin to tossing dry wood and gasoline on the fire and then complaining that the building is now on fire. Just. Let. Him. Burn. Out.
"I advise all to go on to perfection and search deeper and deeper into the mysteries of Godliness." -Joseph Smith
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Chap wrote:
Kukulkan wrote:

Yup.
For sure. Dr. Shades is a visionary for Mormon-related discussions. But an ethos of extreme tolerance just breeds what we’ve seen over the last six months. Obviously vigorous and good faith discussion is a beautiful thing - very few discussion boards exist any more on the Internet that reflects Dr. Shades mostly good and competent ideology. But if this ethos is so rigid that a mod, of all people, can’t or won’t put baby in the corner until baby grows the “F” up, then baby wins the day. Marcus is correct in their assessment that lurkers, competent lurkers, will see what’s posted by the baby and dip out. I think we miss out on a lot of beautiful thinking due to this policy position.
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Chap wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:30 pm
Marcus wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:29 pm
If Shades could make the Herculean effort to keep his word and delete AtlanticMike’s new sock puppet that is currently trashing SParadise, that would be great also. Or is he just waiting for someone to ask this time around? How many times will AtlanticMike be allowed to break this rule?
Unless I have missed something, Dr Shades has delegated such powers to the mods until further notice. So it is to them that your question should be addressed.

I'd like an answer to that question myself, by the way ...
If you have questions for moderators, the best way to get answers is to post in the the thread dedicated to moderator issues or to shoot one of us a DM.

Shades can ban or delete accounts. Mods can ban accounts but have to request to delete them. It turns out there isn't much difference, as deletion and banning aren't functionally that different.

There is no way for the mods to stop a current user from registering a sock. We aren't involved in the process of approving new accounts. Even if we were, the common use of dynamic IP addressing and VPNs means that locating socks by matching IP addresses isn't foolproof. While some internet providers do assign blocks of IP addresses geographically, not all do. And not all that generally do so do it consistently. So, the answer to "how many times will AtlanticMike be allowed to break the rule" is, in all honestly, as often as he decides to do it. We could do an IP ban, which would prevent him from viewing the site. But, to do so, we would have to ban huge ranges of IP addresses used by his internet provider, which is a large, national company. As a consequence, thousands of internet addresses would be unable to view the site. And all Mike would have to do is find another address in his provider's block to manually use or use a VPN to re-access the site.

All we have to identify socks is the internet service provider and the tone and content of posts. The latter is highly subjective. Someone identified Uncle Rico as AM in his first post. In my experience, early guesses like that are often wrong, labeling legitimate posters as socks. But they tend to have an outsized influence on the community's opinion based on garden variety confirmation bias.

So, we are paying attention to new accounts. But, there is a risk-reward tradeoff when it comes to deciding whether an account is a sock. Rather than risking making an early but wrong call, we do our best to look as objectively as we can to satisfy ourselves that we are banning an actual sock and not a new poster who has a style similar to another.

In my perfect world, folks who think they've spotted a sock would just shoot one of us a DM as a heads up. My own opinion is that it's much quicker and easier to spot a sock when people ignore them or interact with them as if they weren't socks. But that's just a personal preference.

We undoubtedly won't apply the ban hammer as quick as some of you would like. I consider that a feature, not a bug. ;)
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 6:36 pm
…we do our best to look as objectively as we can to satisfy ourselves that we are banning an actual sock…
I’m glad you guys are looking at things, thanks for your time. One of your fellow mods has clearly indicated, in multiple posts, that they believe uncle Rico is indeed Atlanticmike, so hopefully the discussion is going well.
msnobody
First Presidency

Post by msnobody »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:13 pm
Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:25 am

No. I don't need Google to know that a female can't impregnate another female. Whatever Uncle Rico heard on the radio, he either heard incorrectly or the caller was confused.
Ah. Had you used the miracle tool known as Google, and taken about a minute of your day to find the answer instead of asking others to do your legwork for you, you would’ve discovered uncle Rico/Atlantic Mike was being an asshole troll, essentially ‘sticking it to the Libs’ on the board by pushing a Conservative talking point from a week or so ago.

The inmate in question is a man who claims to be a transgender woman, and as such the state of New Jersey stuck him in a women’s prison supposedly for his own protection, or to be politically correct depending on who you talk to. The man is in possession of both his cock, and his balls, but because he claimed to be transgender he ended up at, well, you know. Here’s one of the many articles that resulted from an easily searchable Google tippity tap:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ather.html

I encourage you to actually take the Herculean effort of clicking on the link and reading the article, thus setting yourself apart from the unwashed masses who, for whatever reason, find the simplest of tasks like clicking and reading for comprehension both scary and onerous.

- Doc
Isn't the burden on the original poster?
The LORD your God has chosen you to be a people for his treasured possession... The LORD set his love on you and chose you... The LORD has brought you out with a mighty hand and redeemed you from the house of slavery. Deut. 7
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

msnobody wrote:
Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:04 pm
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:

Ah. Had you used the miracle tool known as Google, and taken about a minute of your day to find the answer instead of asking others to do your legwork for you, you would’ve discovered uncle Rico/Atlantic Mike was being an asshole troll, essentially ‘sticking it to the Libs’ on the board by pushing a Conservative talking point from a week or so ago.

The inmate in question is a man who claims to be a transgender woman, and as such the state of New Jersey stuck him in a women’s prison supposedly for his own protection, or to be politically correct depending on who you talk to. The man is in possession of both his cock, and his balls, but because he claimed to be transgender he ended up at, well, you know. Here’s one of the many articles that resulted from an easily searchable Google tippity tap:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... ather.html

I encourage you to actually take the Herculean effort of clicking on the link and reading the article, thus setting yourself apart from the unwashed masses who, for whatever reason, find the simplest of tasks like clicking and reading for comprehension both scary and onerous.

- Doc
Isn't the burden on the original poster?
… you would’ve discovered uncle Rico/Atlantic Mike was being an asshole troll, essentially ‘sticking it to the Libs’ on the board by pushing a Conservative talking point from a week or so ago.
- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
The inmate in question is a man who claims to be a transgender woman, . . .
So Uncle Rico's thread title "A miracle! Female impregnates Female At New Jersey Women's Prison" was 180° inaccurate.
Ah. Had you used the miracle tool known as Google, and taken about a minute of your day to find the answer instead of asking others to do your legwork for you, . . .
Nobody needed to do any legwork for me. Since females can't impregnate females, the option that I recognized regarding a male being mistakenly (or foolishly) placed into a female prison was correct after all.

Plus, his caption above his photo identifying the impregnated female was incorrect; it was actually the impregnator male.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024