My pronoun is 'Your Majesty',

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
High Spy
2nd Quorum of 70

Re: My pronoun is 'Your Majesty',

Post by High Spy »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:43 am
High Spy wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 5:04 pm
Perfect for aspiring Davidic Type Servants. :lol:
What the Hell are "aspiring Davidic Type Servants," and how is the title (not pronoun) "Your Majesty" applicable to them?
The subject hasn't come up much here, so here's a link with highlights: LDSFF&hilit=king+davidic

The guy using the blue text has an interesting story, but is banished to outer darkness, which just so happens to be sub-forum #57. He has a long history with number fifty-seven and the 5.7 magnitude quake showed a timing pattern that skipped silent H as Moroni ate it, as per a couple of my nursery type threads.

Chess, but not checkers. :mrgreen: dbnp
. . . * . . . . . . . . **

3*8** Knight Lion, but not Nite Lion. 🐳 gbng

Everybody's heard the whale and 8 are linked. :lol:

Choose the 🥩
Gadianton
God

Re: My pronoun is 'Your Majesty',

Post by Gadianton »

Dr. Shades,

In Mormon Last Days lore, there is a "Prince David" -- the servant David from Isaiah -- who will be a great leader among Israel in the last days but not necessarily even a member of the Church. I believe Dwayne S. Crowther endorsed this idea in "Prophecy, Key to the Future", which is the base for Mormon Last Days studies, and every Utah home had a copy of that book in the 70's and 80's. Bruce R. McConkie slammed the idea saying that "David" in Isaiah is in fact Christ himself. But not everyone always agreed, and Avraham Giliadi wrote his "Types and Shadows of the Book of Mormon" commentary, he went with the servant David as someone other than Christ, but without much information beyond that. That got a lot of traction in the Last Days circles of the late 80's and 90's. I know a little about that as I was into the Last Days prior to my mission, and a friend of mine also into it who was on his stateside mission was running into some of these groups and getting their materials, including audio tapes and VHS tapes and sending them to me. Even though Giliadi's books were pretty low-key, they said enough apparently, to get a lot of traction with folks having apostate firesides and pretty well convinced of Jesus' return around the year 2000-2002.

So for a while there was kind of a thing among some members about this mysterious Davidic servant, a great leader who will be instrumental in gathering Israel, maybe the lost ten tribes and all of that in the last days. But it's not Jesus, and it's not the prophet. So that's kind of exciting. I had always imagined it being somebody actually from Israel, not having anything to do with the Church, but ultimately working for Christ. But, it ended up being kind of a thing for people circulating these ideas to believe that the Davidic Servant is someone maybe in the Church, but a dark horse, just some random person who suddenly has all this power and authority and begins to fulfill the role outside of normal leadership channels. I have an aunt who apparently came to believe her young son David would indeed be this figure, and I heard of others believing that either their spoilt kid or they themselves could be the guy. A guy in my ward at one time may have believed himself to be this guy.

Imagine if your name or kids name is David when these ideas started getting popular again, and lo, your name is David or your kid's name is David, and you had felt inspired to name your kid David but you didn't know why, and then you suddenly learn of this theory. And for this other guy from my ward, his name wasn't David, but his patriarchal blessing said he was of the tribe of Levi. That's important. Joseph Smith said (I think it was he himself but it's a little fuzzy) that if you're of the tribe of Levi, then you can be a Bishop without being ordained as bishop. And so being the odd-duck lineage of Levi with this special ability to lead a congregation without being set apart for it -- maybe that could mean you've got some special function to perform?