DeSantis' Unconstitutional Attack on Disney

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: DeSantis' Unconstitutional Attack on Disney

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:03 pm
The Democrat big government mainstream media complex has infringed upon the 1st amendment rights of corporations for over 60 years. Were this not true, I'd be against what DeSantis is doing. But since 50% of the country does not have freedom of speech, don't be surprised to see the right put corporations on notice that bowing to the woke mob and Diane Feinstein is no longer always in their best financial interest.

If Disney's tax exempt status is restored based on a first amendment defense perhaps this could be the beginning of a new age where the first amendment rights of all political ideologies are respected now that the heavy hand of government has finally cut the other way for once.
Walt Disney World paid $780.3 million in state and local taxes in 2021 you nimrod. That you think it is "tax exempt" or that you think this is about making them pay taxes, demonstrates your ignorance, and shows you really have no clue what the hell you're talking about. As usual. You're just regurgitating Right Wing talking points about an imaginary boogeyman they created for you they call the "woke mob" and like the gullible sheeple you are, you're only happy to oblige pushing their illegal, anti-Constitutional and more importantly, anti-American narrative.

The bottom line is this. Disney exercised integrity by voicing outrage against DeSantis bigotry bill he hides behind "parental rights" and because of that, DeSantis is acting like a totalitarian thug which is why Nazis in American adore him. But the jokes on you and all the Republicans in Florida who voted for him because they, not Disney, are now going to have to foot the bill for governing the entire park. As usual, Republicans don't even try to understand economics.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18