The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
K Graham
God

Re: Aging, death, and the gospel

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 1:28 am
msnobody wrote:
Mon Apr 25, 2022 12:45 am
Scripture says first comes death, then judgement.
Are you a Jehovah's Witness? I'm just wondering if death means something different to you than my lds perspective of death being the separation of your body and your spirit?

I liked this link on near death experiences about Hugh Nibley. The spirit world is more real than the world we live in right now. We're actually spirts having a human experience, not humans having an occasional spiritual experience. We try to figure out the impossible and yet it only takes a simple childlike faith to carry us wherever we need to go. And what does that mean? To me it means trusting in the Lord? trust what? For me it's the trust that His plan of happiness is what is in the best interest of all of us as individuals and as a collective. Believing that, gives me unlimited strength. I have no evidence for that other than it works for me. I like myself much more as a believer.

https://bookofmormoncentral.org/blog/White House ... se-of-life
And more importantly, in your not so Christian Nazism, when you're resurrected, everyone is white and delightsome.
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Split from SSP thread - FR3 - “No disrespectful communications allowed. Address the ideas, not the person who posts them.”

Mormonism predates Naziism, and ajax neither invented nor owns the doctrine.