Paradise Split from Signs of Our Times

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Re: Signs of our Times

Post by Elizabeth »

Res Ipsa
God

Re: Paradise Split from Signs of Our Times

Post by Res Ipsa »

Split thread, moved split to Spirit Paradise. UR 5.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Uncle Rico
Sunbeam

Re: Signs Of Our Times.

Post by Uncle Rico »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:21 pm
They must also be really tiny because I can't see them. Where are they?
I IDENTIFY AS A TENURED PROFESSOR & PROFESSIONAL STUD MUFFIN
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

There are none... of course ;)
Uncle Rico
Sunbeam

Post by Uncle Rico »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:14 pm
There are none... of course ;)
You do realize there are transgender people? Do you believe in gender dysphoria?
I IDENTIFY AS A TENURED PROFESSOR & PROFESSIONAL STUD MUFFIN
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:53 pm
:lol: Are you referring to yourself :D
huckelberry wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:45 pm
Russian bot , not a human
referring to the source of the Putin propaganda.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

You can show pictures of empty rooms full of all the kids I knew when I was growing up who weren't straight or cis-gendered or who were bipolar or depressed—as far as I knew at the time.

I'm pretty sure the room of kids I knew who grew up far enough to drink themselves to death or commit suicide for unknown reasons would not be so empty.

Who is so cold that they would rather post smug memes than think for a few moments about other people's pain?
I was a teenager before it was cool.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Elizabeth wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 6:52 am
All those dead anti-Vaxxers voted for Trump, not Biden.
¥akaSteelhead
Deacon

Post by ¥akaSteelhead »

Physics Guy wrote:
Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:21 am
Francis Boyle is a law professor with no expertise in biology, let alone in virology or biological weapons. Despite his ignorance he has confidently pronounced that COVID must have been a bioweapon.

Virology is a tough subject and not everyone can be an expert on it. Anyone with a clue, though, should be able to recognize that virology is a tough subject. It takes an unusually dense idiot to think that they can waltz in as a scientifically untrained lawyer and see with certainty that a dangerous mutant version of a highly mutable virus must have been artificially created. Francis Boyle is that kind of idiot.

The whole concept of positioning biological warfare research sites around the borders of Russia makes no sense. In fact it's obviously stupid. Biological warfare itself is a stupid idea militarily because it's too hard to control. Terrorists might want to pursue it, and so everyone else needs to work on defences, but the last thing a nuclear superpower like the US needs is biological weapons of its own.

Even if you somehow do get a working biological warfare agent and you somehow want to deploy it against a big country, despite how stupid that is, you can just ship the stuff from your labs, anywhere in the world, to the borders. The United States Air Force has a lot of planes, you know? The step of transporting the weapons to the Russian border is not a tricky step. It's not as though one day of transport delay is a problem. Biological warfare is slow—another reason it's stupid. It takes months for diseases to spread and there's no way to speed that up because the germs have to drift through the air.

So there's no reason whatever to place your bioweapon research labs, if you have them, near your enemy. And there's an excellent reason not to place them anywhere near your likely enemy: it would make it more likely that your enemy will find out about them or even be able to sabotage them.

The whole idea that the US might be surrounding Russia with biological warfare labs is just obviously stupid. Even if the US wanted to attack Russia with biological weapons, it would never go about it that way.

And anybody who seriously and publicly suggests such a stupid idea, on such a serious subject, has immediately revealed the fact that they are an idiot who should not be believed on any subject. If Francis Boyle tells you the sky is blue, you should look up and check. He's probably speaking at night.
Emerging risk is the ability of a disgruntled smart person with access to good 3d printing and some scripts developing chemical or bioweapons in their basement.

https://www.theverge.com/2022/3/17/2298 ... -models-vx
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

All life started as a unique intelligence either male or female.
There is not now, nor ever was, any choice nor negotiation as to gender.
We all were in the beginning either a male or female intelligence and from thence remained either male or female.
Our intelligence was born into either a male or female Spiritual body, which grew to maturity in our Pre Mortal Existence.
We came to this earth for our Spiritual body to receive a mortal body, again either male or female.
As we were from the beginning, and will be through the eternities.