Paradise Split from LDS Scout Leader charged with several counts of criminal sexual conduct

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Marcus
God

Re: LDS Scout Leader charged with several counts of criminal sexual conduct.

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:38 pm
Marcus wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:23 pm
And you are twisting meanings, in ways others have already noted several times.
Sure Marcus.

But I am asking about Res Ipsa's definition.
He was talking about the topic of the thread. You are asking about expansions in other directions. Please start your own topic.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:43 pm
He was talking about the topic of the thread. You are asking about expansions in other directions. Please start your own topic.
So I guess his definition doesn't apply to LDS bishops in Mexico? In some Mexican states it is only illegal if she is pure.

Using Res Ipsa's definition, a 61 year old LDS Bishop asking inappropriate questions to a 16 year old, wouldn't be grooming in Aguascalientes. :(

Not all predatory behavior is illegal.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 6:43 pm
You are asking about expansions in other directions.
And in some parts of the world there are branch presidents who are 18 and single.

Some branch presidents (20s, economically stable) wouldn't mind dating a 17 year old single mother (mother of two). In Mexico, young single mothers want to get married with a man in his 20s.

Res Ipsa really needs to clarify. Was Res Ipsa only talking about bishops in the US?
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:42 pm, edited 7 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:30 pm
Some branch presidents (20s, economically stable) wouldn't mind dating a 17 year old single mother (mother of two) who is struggling.
Now I think there is something wrong with that story ...
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Chap wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:11 pm
But there is nothing wrong with the story of a god who impregnated young Mary. I get it. And you said 16 year olds are adults. I totally get it.

In Mexico, 17 year old mothers (who are single) are looking for a man in his 20s (including late 20s). Young single mothers are not interested in getting with a guy their own age, they want to marry (or live with) an older man.

It is the sad reality, Mexican officials only care about helping the rich and the cartels.

The church (or all the other religions) won't help single mothers.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon Apr 18, 2022 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Chap wrote:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 7:30 pm
Some branch presidents (20s, economically stable) wouldn't mind dating a 17 year old single mother (mother of two) who is struggling.
Indeed.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 10:59 pm
Indeed.
I am making stuff up and I never do research. I am just an ignorant troll. I admit it.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Chap wrote:
You know damn well what I meant.

Their own mothers encourage them.

https://econpapers.repec.org/paper/bonb ... f139v1.htm
https://www.theguardian.com/global-deve ... -education

There are many problems with Res Ipsa's definition. Both ways. Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it is right, and just because something is illegal (for example, 18 with 17 in California) doesn't mean it is morally reprehensible.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun Apr 17, 2022 9:58 pm
But there is nothing wrong with the story of a god who impregnated young Mary. I get it. And you said 16 year olds are adults.
I have said neither of those things.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Chap wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:25 am
I have said neither of those things.
You did say 16 year olds are adults. It was a very long time ago. But it's okay, we can always change. We all said stupid things here.

So, what do you think of my main point?
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon Apr 18, 2022 5:10 am
There are many problems with Res Ipsa's definition. Both ways. Just because something is legal, doesn't mean it is right, and just because something is illegal (for example, 18 with 17 in California) doesn't mean it is morally reprehensible.
Let me ask you, is it grooming when a 26 year old has a romantic relationship with a young, single mom? Assume no harassment, position of authority, or coercion. Don't assume he is a branch president, just a regular 26-27 year old guy.