Paradise Split from LDS Scout Leader charged with several counts of criminal sexual conduct

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Paradise Split from LDS Scout Leader charged with several counts of criminal sexual conduct

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:14 am

Hi, DT, since you're here answering questions, i'm reposting this one.
I was responding to Res Ipsa's comment

"Now assume that the one guy who said he had sex within the last year actually had sex with each of the nine women in his age group. Given The question asked that formed the basis of the chart, 90% of the men reported no sex in the last year but only 10% of the women. Yet, all of the sex was between people in the 18-30 age group"

And that is what anti-women con artists like Rollo Tomassi argue, they call it the 80X20 rule.
"The Reason Young Men Are Having ZERO Sex"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDdsxvJqxg

Look at the number of views and the toxic comments.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Re: Paradise Split from LDS Scout Leader charged with several counts of criminal sexual conduct

Post by doubtingthomas »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:31 am
You’re still jumping to conclusions that the data don’t support. Where is the data that shows the changes in the dating patterns among the age groups you described. Changes in the number of partners in the last year also “explains” the difference. Other things may explain the difference as well. You don’t actually have the data that allows you to conclude which cause or combination of causes is correct.
I understand. But on average, women do prefer men who are older, there is a lot of research to confirm that. I think a lot of women in their late 20s prefer men in their early 30s. Would you agree?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:37 am
Marcus wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:14 am

Hi, DT, since you're here answering questions, i'm reposting this one.
I was responding to Res Ipsa's comment

"Now assume that the one guy who said he had sex within the last year actually had sex with each of the nine women in his age group. Given The question asked that formed the basis of the chart, 90% of the men reported no sex in the last year but only 10% of the women. Yet, all of the sex was between people in the 18-30 age group"

And that is what anti-women con artists like Rollo Tomassi argue, they call it the 80X20 rule.
"The Reason Young Men Are Having ZERO Sex"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybDdsxvJqxg

Look at the number of views and the toxic comments.
No, you weren’t responding to that comment. Here is the context
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:53 pm
Res Ipsa wrote:
Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:40 am
The missing information is the average number of partners. Without that, we can’t conclude anything about whether the women were having sex with men over 30.

So, I think there are likely several factors that resulted in the divergence in numbers. To reach the conclusion you’ve argued for, I think we’d need to have more data, including changes in the age differentials between people having sex over time.
Women getting with the top guys and women over 26 dating older men explains the difference.
I am asking you specifically what you meant when you said:
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 8:53 pm

Women getting with the top guys…
What do you mean by this?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Marcus wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:34 am

What Res Ipsa and the Red Pill culture are saying. Watch the video.

I don't believe in the 20x80 theory, but there may be some truth to it.

Good night! I really have to go to bed now.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Re: LDS Scout Leader charged with several counts of criminal sexual conduct.

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

You said:
A lot of women over 26 are getting with men in their 30s, but not enough young men in their early 20s are getting with younger women to make up for the difference.
Based off your math you’re stating “a lot of women” ages 27+ are with men ages 30-39. That covers an age gap of 3-12 years. You then go on to say men “in their early 20s are getting with younger women to make up for the difference”, presumably because they’re being ignored by older women (didn’t you date an older woman, by the way?). The early 20’s is between 20-24 years. If women, in your mind, are pursuing men 3-12 years older than them, does this apply to girls, with the same age gap between themselves and men ages 20-24? Specifically does this apply to young girls who grew up poor, matured quickly, and were Mexican? How old was the Mexican girl you were seeing when you first started dating her?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 6:09 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:31 am
You’re still jumping to conclusions that the data don’t support. Where is the data that shows the changes in the dating patterns among the age groups you described. Changes in the number of partners in the last year also “explains” the difference. Other things may explain the difference as well. You don’t actually have the data that allows you to conclude which cause or combination of causes is correct.
I understand. But on average, women do prefer men who are older, there is a lot of research to confirm that. I think a lot of women in their late 20s prefer men in their early 30s. Would you agree?
I have no basis on which to agree or disagree with the substance of your claim. However you are using “prefer,” I suspect the the preferences of women are complex and different for each woman, and can’t be accurately represented by a single, aggregate statistic.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 5:04 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:20 am
You are arguing that, despite what papers you cite to say, poverty causes the accelerated development. If poverty caused the accelerated brain development through the mechanism you suggest, then the papers wouldn’t say what they say.

No, you’re still not understanding. The scientific papers are about averages.
As I said, poverty itself probably doesn't. I said, "On average. For many it is around 30. It is around 19 for people in low-income households. We are all different. " Would you agree that violence, child abuse, and domestic violence are more common in low-income areas? So on average, it is plausible that low-income people have a faster brain development. Better?

Do you have any evidence that "unintentional grooming" makes the dudes more naïve and vulnerable?

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:03 am
So, you were dating a girl around 18-years-old?

- Doc
Why so interested? Some fantasy of yours? Makes me wonder why you are planning to go to Brazil :shock:.

I answered the question a few days ago. Ask Res Ipsa, I won't repeat myself. Troll!

Please allow me to have a conversation with the intelligent people here.

I'll talk to you trolls later, I promise, go talk to your friend Binger for now.
Plausible is a much more appropriate term. However, I’m not sure we’re on the same page as to implications of faster brain development. In the literature, it means certain changes in the morphology of the brain happen at an earlier time. It does not say much at all about what that means about the individual’s intelligence, common sennse, street smarts, etc.
he/him

Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:25 am
Marcus wrote:

I disagree. Res Ipsa does NOT “say” what Red Pill culture “says.”
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 9:25 am
Marcus wrote:

DT, you have badly misconstrued what I said. You made a claim about the cause of a difference in percentages between men and women. I created a hypothetical example to illustrate that that the data wasn’t sufficient to support your conclusion. I used an extreme hypothetical so that it was easy to see the alternative explanation.

I never claimed that my hypothetical was actually happening. I said that you were making claims that were not supported by the data you were citing. You then went off on a tangent about “red pill culture.” I ignored it, because it was irrelevant. My point was clearly “I don’t know the cause of the numerical difference and neither do you” — not “I agree with red pill culture.”

It’s the same problem over and over — cherry picking part of something someone says and ignoring the context that contradicts the interpretation you want to place on the words.

In my opinion, you’ve developed some pretty bigoted attitudes toward Mexicans and Mexican Americans based on experiences you had dating a young Mexican woman. It appears to me that you are trying to justify the bigotry by using extremely motivated reasoning to justify your bigotry. As they say, that dog won’t hunt.

Whatever happened had more to do with the individual characteristics of the two of you than simplistic descriptions of large groups. You’d be much better off focusing on how your own beliefs and conduct in the relationship you had than scouring scientific literature for an explanation that lets you of the hook for your part of the interaction. I’d suggest you start with the reasons why you sought out and pursued a relationship with this young woman in the first place. And I’d do it in therapy, not on a message board.
he/him

doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:18 pm

If women, in your mind, are pursuing men 3-12 years older than them
Women of all ages pursuing men 12 years older? Not in the US. You are full of crap.

Here is what I said, "I think a lot of women in their late 20s prefer men in their early 30s"
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155240&start=100

You are just a sick troll.
Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 12:18 pm
How old was the Mexican girl you were seeing when you first started dating her?
In case you missed it.
I answered the question a few days ago. Ask Res Ipsa, I won't repeat myself.
My private life is none of your business. I wasn't talking to you.

Seriously, just get a job. And don't go to Brazil :shock: