do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:46 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:03 pm

Their self concept.
Please explain further…

Thanks
I already explained it going back about 15 hundred and 29 thousand pages ago on this thread and you ignored it. Twice as I recall. Go find it yourself.

Back to my papier mache' as directed.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 9:09 pm
Markk wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:42 pm
You obviously have not read any of the links provided have you?
I did, but your links aren't relevant to my question.
Markk wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:42 pm
The first part of your question is cut and dry, the second part has multiple variables.
It's only one question, not a two part question.

You claim (A) "XX" is female, (B) "XY" is male, and (C) everyone else is "none" or "both".

CRF that science says A, B, and C.

It's clear you have comprehension problems, Markk!
They are very real and, the links and other reading state why your question does not even makes sense as framed.

No, I did not claim that…we were discussing specifically intersex in context with hermaphroditism. You asked me “ Let me ask you Markk, is a true gonadal intersex a man or a woman? ”

I gave you this link…

TRUE GONADAL INTERSEX

The person must have both ovarian and testicular tissue. This may be in the same gonad (an ovotestis), or the person might have 1 ovary and 1 testis. The person may have XX chromosomes, XY chromosomes, or both. The external genitals may be ambiguous or may appear to be female or male. This condition used to be called true hermaphroditism. In most people with true gonadal intersex, the underlying cause is unknown, although in some animal studies it has been linked to exposure to common agricultural pesticides.
https://medlineplus.gov/ency/article/001669.htm

What we have discussed are people with CAIS, people with PAIS, and folks with True Gondar Intersex. Not everyone else, like I wrote there are too many variables in regards to syndromes, diseases, and as the article affection by things like pesticides.
DT wrote

"Typically, biologically female individuals have two X chromosomes (XX) while those who are biologically male have one X and one Y chromosome (XY)."
https://www.genome.gov/
So this is a definition of a man and woman, and a person wanting to identify as such uses this as a benchmark? Is that what you are saying?

So we agree on this, that it is possible to define a man and a woman, at least typically…and according to your link they state what might happen structurally when the pattern above is different.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 10:44 pm
at least typically
There you go Markk! Jesus Christ you talk too much :lol:
Markk wrote:
What we have discussed are people with CAIS, people with PAIS, and folks with True Gondar Intersex. Not everyone else
And people with CAIS and True Gondar are not people? I did ask you about "XXX" "XXY" and "X0". So don't give me that bull. Not everyone is "XX" or "XY", I did ask you many times about everyone else.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 11:36 pm
Markk wrote:
at least typically
There you go Markk! Jesus Christ you talk too much :lol:
Markk wrote:
What we have discussed are people with CAIS, people with PAIS, and folks with True Gondar Intersex. Not everyone else
And people with CAIS and True Gondar are not people? I did ask you about "XXX" "XXY" and "X0". So don't give me that bull. Not everyone is "XX" or "XY", I did ask you many times about everyone else.
LOL…did I say they were not people…we are discussing biological gender. I am the one trying to understand these disorders. Only male fetus contract the CAIS disease…they are male…others with other chromosomes other that XX or XY have many different disorders and syndromes…your last link you pasted stated this, which is why a stated several times there are too many variables for a single blanket answer, but you obviously only pasted a snippet and not all the ten neat facts

Here is your link you did not even read, or you wouldn’t have asked the question.

https://www.genome.gov/about-genomics/f ... some-facts

XXY are males, with a disorder called Klinefelteer Syndrome…which I have referenced in links you obviously did not read.

https://www.webmd.com/men/klinefelter-syndrome

XYY affects males…

I even read of a yy that affects males…and creates symptoms like these…

Asthma
‌Autism spectrum disorder
Seizures
Hand tremors
Involuntary movements
Low muscle tone hypotonia
Delayed development of motor skills (such as sitting and walking)
Speech delay
Difficulty with reading and writing
Dental problems
Autism spectrum disorder (mildly)
Attention deficit disorder, ADHD
Anxiety
Mood disorders
Depression
Infertility

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/wha ... hromosomes

XXX affect females from what i read, and I linked this several times which you failed to read…

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-con ... c-20350977

There are a lot of different variables and disorders, and you simply do not want to acknowledge this…in fact I am not even sure what your assertion is, in that I believe you are lost in this discussion and the science behind it….in fact you just say the science behind this is “dick,” …LOL what ever that means. And you refuse to summarize your position…in that I doubt you have a position.

Honestly DR Steuss made a wise smart assessment of this…he wrote “ Human genetics are rascally.”
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:05 am
And you refuse to summarize your position…in that I doubt you have a position.
Oh my God! Oh my God! Finally Markk!

You are full of it Markk, I don't disagree with the sources.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

So what is you position here?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:38 am
So what is you position here?
Doggy style
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Only male fetus contract the CAIS disease…they are male…
How are you defining biological male and female when it comes to a fetus, given that XX fetus's do not all form female characteristics and not all XY fetus's form male characteristics? Not to mention all the other genetic conditions that a fetus could have.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Themis wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 2:55 pm
Markk wrote:
Only male fetus contract the CAIS disease…they are male…
How are you defining biological male and female when it comes to a fetus, given that XX fetus's do not all form female characteristics and not all XY fetus's form male characteristics? Not to mention all the other genetic conditions that a fetus could have.
I’ve stated this several times…it is not me defining this, I have linked several sites that explain this.

The XX fetus and XY fetus’ are defined as such because they have XX and XY chromosomes…disease and syndrome can alter the fetus’ development

Disease and disorders cause for lack of a better term “differences” in normal sexual organ development, and overall development. In the case of PAIS sexual development of organs are undeveloped, and with complete AIS sexual organs never develop into male organs…in that hormones are either partly accepted (the former) or not at all (the latter).

In a healthy XY fetus the person is a fully developed male, in a healthy XX fetus the person is a fully developed female, which of course leads to human generation. When adults, they are man and woman respectively. If they are affected by a syndrome or a disease the person has to make a decision on what sex/gender they will identify as…in regards to PAIS the decision is more split, in regards to CAIS they most often identify as woman because a complete block of Androgen and they appear mostly female at birth. I have discussed the lack of a uterus and ovary’s in a person with CAIS, and their having testies.

Note: I have been reading and it appears that they are understanding AIS more as spectrum, and not as partial and complete…which is helping understand the disease.

This is an informative website…

https://www.rch.org.au/endo/cais/The_nature_of_AIS/
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 4:21 pm
I’ve stated this several times…it is not me defining this, I have linked several sites that explain this.
As have I. They consider around 5 factors like chromosomes, gonads, hormones, internal reproductive anatomy, and external genitalia.
https://www.coursehero.com/study-guides ... ology/sex/

You may notice that how a fetus develops determines biological sex, and science tends to now consider intersex as a third biological sex. So a fetus before sexual development does not have a biological sex yet for a number of reasons that will or may influence development.
The XX fetus and XY fetus’ are defined as such because they have XX and XY chromosomes…disease and syndrome can alter the fetus’ development
Some XX fetus's develop into biological males or intersex, and some XY fetus's develop into females or intersex, so what about XX or XY, outside of environmental factors, determines whether a fetus will develop into one of the three sex's?