do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by canpakes »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 6:05 pm
doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:36 pm

Was that you Markk?
There shouldn't be men's and women's restrooms to begin with. It's a ridiculous practice.

Careful. Once they find out about the couches and TVs, the guys are all going to demand that their restrooms get them, too.
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:58 pm
It does make sense if you have been following. A person with CAIS is a biological male with undeveloped sexual organs.
We have been over this multiple times. They are biologically female. You seem stuck on this idea that what shape a chromosome takes is the ultimate indicator of biological sex. It's plays almost no role. Anatomy plays the large role. We also look at things like hormones and genetic information found on the chromosomes. They will tell us why a certain individual genetically developed male or female characteristics. We also look at developmental factors before and after birth. It can be very complicated.
The absolute is that there is such a thing as a biological male
Another sentence that makes no sense. by the way we all know there is such a thing as biological male, and we know the dividing line between male and female is not absolute. Maybe you are just afraid of the little girl inside yourself.
Yes…which I have been saying all along they can identify as they wish, but it does not change what they are biologically, and more importantly and in context with the thread, it does not mean that we cannot define what a woman is.
Women like many words can have different definitions and contexts in which it used. Maybe that is why some have said they cannot come up with a all encompassing definition.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:13 pm
It is obvious by your last three posts that you can’t deal with the science of this.
CFR that "science" says "XX" is female, "XY" is male, and everyone else is "none" or "both". Science doesn't contradict your view, but your dick view is mostly philosophical Markk.
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Tue May 17, 2022 2:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Themis wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 11:13 pm
You seem stuck on this idea that what shape a chromosome takes is the ultimate indicator of biological sex.
Here is what Markk said earlier, "A woman. It is a biological woman….if healthy, a woman that can reproduce and carry forward all the traits or a woman naturally without any medical help"
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 2:02 am
Markk wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 5:13 pm
It is obvious by your last three posts that you can’t deal with the science of this.
CFR that "science" says "XX" is female, "XY" is male, and everyone else is "none" or "both". Science doesn't contradict your view, but your dick view is mostly philosophical Markk.
Intersex folks have different chromosome patterns…and typically, unless a parent and/or doctor do if for them at a young age, they have to choose what they will identify as, which often is neither male or female. You obviously just talk and don’t read. It is not a philosophical view, it is a reality many folks deal with, and there are scientific volumes written on the subject.

either of a pair of chromosomes that determine whether an individual is male or female. The sex chromosomes of human beings and other mammals are designated by scientists as X and Y. In humans the sex chromosomes consist of one pair of the total of 23 pairs of chromosomes. The other 22 pairs of chromosomes are called autosomes.

Individuals having two X chromosomes (XX) are female; individuals having one X chromosome and one Y chromosome (XY) are male. The X chromosome resembles a large autosomal chromosome with a long and a short arm. The Y chromosome has one long arm and a very short second arm. This path to maleness or femaleness originates at the moment of meiosis, when a cell divides to produce gametes, or sex cells having half the normal number of chromosomes. During meiosis the male XY sex-chromosome pair separates and passes on an X or a Y to separate gametes; the result is that one-half of the gametes (sperm) that are formed contains the X chromosome and the other half contains the Y chromosome. The female has two X chromosomes, and all female egg cells normally carry a single X. The eggs fertilized by X-bearing sperm become females (XX), whereas those fertilized by Y-bearing sperm become males (XY).

https://www.britannica.com/science/sex-chromosome

In regards to “everyone else” I never said that in any context close to what you ask. In fact, I have been very clear that only Males can contract CAIS and PAIS from everything I have read and linked you to.

There are other chromosome disorders and syndromes where sex determination can go either way, because of the mixed chromosomes. “True Hermaphroditism” (TH) which is a outdated word and referred to a intersex also, along with AIS and other disorders is different…again from what I am reading.

https://www.news-medical.net/health/Her ... rsex).aspx

Did you watch the youtube videos I linked you too? These folks are all over the board as to what they chose to identify as…some indemnify as neither male or female, or both.

From what I have read, and I am still reading a bit…most disorders can be narrowed down to a biological sex identification of the person, but with TH….it is much harder to do so.

As far as my “dick view” …it is a just what science seems to be indicating. I have given you plenty of links, feel free to show me where I am misinterpreting this, and we can discuss it.

Let me ask you this…when a person chooses to identify as either a man or a woman, what is the “model” and/or “datum” for their decision?
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 5:17 pm
You obviously just talk and don’t read.
:roll:

I don't disagree with your sources Markk! The problem is that you are not reading my question

CFR that "science" says "XX" is female, "XY" is male, and everyone else is "none" or "both".

"Typically, biologically female individuals have two X chromosomes (XX) while those who are biologically male have one X and one Y chromosome (XY)."
https://www.genome.gov/
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:

Let me ask you this…when a person chooses to identify as either a man or a woman, what is the “model” and/or “datum” for their decision?
Their self concept.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 6:39 pm
Markk wrote:
You obviously just talk and don’t read.
:roll:

I don't disagree with your sources Markk! The problem is that you are not reading my question

CFR that "science" says "XX" is female, "XY" is male, and everyone else is "none" or "both".

"Typically, biologically female individuals have two X chromosomes (XX) while those who are biologically male have one X and one Y chromosome (XY)."
https://www.genome.gov/
Your question is a misnomer…but I did answer it. The first part of your question is cut and dry, the second part has multiple variables. You obviously have not read any of the links provided have you?

Did you watch the videos i linked you to?
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:03 pm
Markk wrote:

Their self concept.
Please explain further…

Thanks
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:42 pm
You obviously have not read any of the links provided have you?
I did, but your links aren't relevant to my question.
Markk wrote:
Thu May 19, 2022 8:42 pm
The first part of your question is cut and dry, the second part has multiple variables.
It's only one question, not a two part question.

You claim (A) "XX" is female, (B) "XY" is male, and (C) everyone else is "none" or "both".

CRF that science says A, B, and C.

It's clear you have comprehension problems, Markk!