do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:55 am
Markk wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 1:05 am
XYY affects males…
You ignored "X0". Nice job Markk!
Markk wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 1:44 am
If the person with CAIS identifies as a woman and lives their life as a woman yes, I have absolutely no issue with that
Really? Wouldn't that make Jesus mad?

Is a person with CAIS a spiritual son or daughter of sky father?
DT, again you have imploded and obviously can’t deal withthis. You are embarrassing yourself.

XO is Turners syndrome and from what I read is a syndrome that affect females only…with a variety of symptoms.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:33 am
DT, again you have imploded and obviously can’t deal with this.
And what makes you think I care so much?
Markk wrote:
You are embarrassing yourself.
:roll:

Markk wrote:
XO is Turners syndrome and from what I read is a syndrome that affect females only…with a variety of symptoms.
Okay whatever Markk. Please answer my question.

Is a person with CAIS a spiritual son or daughter of god?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:37 am
Markk wrote:
DT, again you have imploded and obviously can’t deal with this.
And what makes you think I care so much?
Markk wrote:
You are embarrassing yourself.
:roll:

Markk wrote:
Okay whatever Markk. Please answer my question.

Is a person with CAIS a spiritual son or daughter of god?
Do you think you got me or something because you take this to a spiritual level? But like the subject at hand equally, right or wrong, you do not understand Christian thought on this subject, just as you failed understanding the science of these disorders?

But anyways….

The Bible reads there is neither male nor female, Greek or Jew, or slave of free, but all are one in Christ. If you want to understand what Paul means by being one in Christ…read the first few chapters of Ephesians and get back with me.

I assume you are either an atheist or agnostic…and believe in evolution, so…if so, then these syndromes and disorders would be nothing more than mutations that will not further the human race in regards to survival of the fittest. In other words these organisms with negative mutations that retard growth of the species will not evolve, in that biologically they, for the most part, cannot evolve on their own…does that fit your ideology if not what is your opinion on this? Your turn to answer some questions.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:54 am

The Bible reads there is neither male nor female, Greek or Jew, or slave of free, but all are one in Christ. If you want to understand what Paul means by being one in Christ…read the first few chapters of Ephesians and get back with me.
Ephesians 5:22"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church"

Let me ask you Markk, how exactly would Ephesians 5:22 apply to a married person with CAIS? Do you believe the Lord is cool with same sex marriage?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:26 am
So again it is absolutely relevant.. these are rare diseases, disorders, and syndromes, not a normal biological assignment of genes/chromosomes.
Rare diseases, disorders and syndromes do not disqualify anyone from having a biological sex. Biological sex does not even show up until after sexual development takes place. The article I linked covers this. XX does not guarantee female development as the genetic information may drive male development or environmental factors could also drive male development. Same goes for XY or other genetic irregularities.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:32 am
Markk wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 3:54 am

Ephesians 5:22"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church"

Let me ask you Markk, how exactly would Ephesians 5:22 apply to a married person with CAIS? Do you believe the Lord is cool with same sex marriage?

LOL…
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Themis wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:03 am
Markk wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:26 am
So again it is absolutely relevant.. these are rare diseases, disorders, and syndromes, not a normal biological assignment of genes/chromosomes.
Rare diseases, disorders and syndromes do not disqualify anyone from having a biological sex. Biological sex does not even show up until after sexual development takes place. The article I linked covers this. XX does not guarantee female development as the genetic information may drive male development or environmental factors could also drive male development. Same goes for XY or other genetic irregularities.
If the disorders are from a established biological sex/s…? XX is the datum and benchmark…the disorders are for lack of a better term mutations (disorders and syndromes) from the established sex
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:16 pm
Lets see, men women are of the same species and are conceived and grown the same way.They have a great deal in common. One would expect there to be some overlap. Observation says amount of overlap varies with occasional extensive intermixture of aspects.

This thread appears locked in madness.
This bears repeating. Emphasis mine.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Morley wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:42 pm
huckelberry wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:16 pm
Lets see, men women are of the same species and are conceived and grown the same way.They have a great deal in common. One would expect there to be some overlap. Observation says amount of overlap varies with occasional extensive intermixture of aspects.

This thread appears locked in madness.
This bears repeating. Emphasis mine.
True, that. But one thing that does not bear repeating is (essentially) the same damn question over and over again. How anyone can find that worthwhile beats me.
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:09 am
If the disorders are from a established biological sex/s…? XX is the datum and benchmark…the disorders are for lack of a better term mutations (disorders and syndromes) from the established sex
Now were using a new term established biological sex. LOL Apparently you did not read the article I linked. A fetus before sexual development has no sex. How it develops determines it's biological sex. You still seem hung up on shape of a chromosome as apposed to what is on a chromosome.