do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Themis
Elder

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 8:04 pm
Well there are absolutes and in this context. Male and Females, Man and Women, or what ever you choose to call them are absolute beings and a reality. Without this absolute, we would not exist. I believe that is what you and others are avoiding. We have a benchmark and datum that is an absolute and a reality. And yet this wants to be ignored, and pretend that man and woman cannot be logically defined.

The “persons in the middle” are defined and many are either biologically male or female, yet because of what disease, syndrome, or disorder they might have, they have had to make choices as to what they want to identify as, or a doctor or parent decided that for them at a young age. Some decide to identify as neither.

More as I get a chance, thanks for the conversation
Your first paragraph says there are absolutes, but then your second paragraph brings up exceptions to your absolutes defeating your claim of absolutes. Whatever. Now Markk would you consider a XX individual who developed all male characteristics including viable sperm, and has had children with a female to be a Male or female biologically?
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

There are variables to the absolute, which do not erase the absolute.

Yes they are biologically a female, with underlying conditions…give me a specific case if you like and I will look at it. If they developed, naturally a disease or mutation, or by medically altering, a condition that altered their natural being then they would have to make a decision as to what they would want to identify as. My position has never changed here.

Should every person that is born be required to choose what gender they want to be identified as, fill out their own birth certificate, and even just make one up that they feel most comfortable with. So pretty much we just throw away the biological name for a adult human being…which begs a few questions:

Do we throw away the similar for the animal kingdom…Buck/Doe…Rooster/hen…Bull/cow?

What are the new names for biological human males and females with “healthy” XX and XY chromosomes, which of course is by far the majority of the Human Race? Or because of political correctness, do we just forbids society to develop a absolute name for these folks? What is the end game here?
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 4:04 pm
There are variables to the absolute, which do not erase the absolute.
LOL This sentence makes no sense. In relation to biological sex you have already admitted to some being intersex. Do you think gender neutral might be a good idea for some of these people to choose?
Yes they are biologically a female, with underlying conditions…give me a specific case if you like and I will look at it. If they developed, naturally a disease or mutation, or by medically altering, a condition that altered their natural being then they would have to make a decision as to what they would want to identify as. My position has never changed here.
You don't have a good enough understanding of the issue to maintain consistency in your position. It also indicates probably personal religious of political beliefs since the medical and scientific community would never classify an XX male who has all male characteristics as female. It's why they call them XX males.
Should every person that is born be required to choose what gender they want to be identified as, fill out their own birth certificate, and even just make one up that they feel most comfortable with. So pretty much we just throw away the biological name for a adult human being…which begs a few questions:
Absolutely. If those newborns can fill out their own birth certificate I say go for it. :)

Keep in mind you used the word gender which is not quite the same as biological sex.
Do we throw away the similar for the animal kingdom…Buck/Doe…Rooster/hen…Bull/cow?
Do the animals care?
What are the new names for biological human males and females with “healthy” XX and XY chromosomes, which of course is by far the majority of the Human Race? Or because of political correctness, do we just forbids society to develop a absolute name for these folks? What is the end game here?
Do we need a new name? It's not like healthy and unhealthy males cannot all be biologically male. Most unhealthy males for reasons of genetics, developmental issues, accidents etc still have all males parts. It's incorrect to limit only healthy males as being biologically male. You still do not seem to comprehend biological sex or gender.

https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/232363#sex
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:06 am

You claimed you knew you were a man, why do you know you are a man? Becuase you have a penis and YX Chromosomes

According to your definition of a man. As I said, your definition can't be disproved by science, but it is a dick view.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 5:06 am
They are neither male or female and yet both at the same time
:lol: :lol: I have some advice for you, don't ever say that in public, someone might kick your ass.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

A trans woman said she experienced discrimination when a diner manager harassed her about using the women's restroom.

The manager followed her to her table out of the restroom and told her she wasn't a woman, New Jersey.com reported.

"You're a woman in your dreams," the night manager said, according to Erin Kinahan.
Was that you Markk?
Last edited by doubtingthomas on Mon May 16, 2022 1:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Themis wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 2:21 pm
Now Markk would you consider a XX individual who developed all male characteristics including viable sperm, and has had children with a female to be a Male or female biologically?
Markk would tell a girl with complete androgen insensitivity to use the men's room.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Themis wrote…LOL This sentence makes no sense. In relation to biological sex you have already admitted to some being intersex. Do you think gender neutral might be a good idea for some of these people to choose?
It does make sense if you have been following. A person with CAIS is a biological male with undeveloped sexual organs. The absolute is that there is such a thing as a biological male…a variable to this absolute is, as in this example, is that disease can alter the normative. A person with CAIS can identity as intersex, or a female, or their true biological being as a male.

Yes…which I have been saying all along they can identify as they wish, but it does not change what they are biologically, and more importantly and in context with the thread, it does not mean that we cannot define what a woman is.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

DT,

It is obvious by your last three posts that you can’t deal with the science of this. Nowhere did I ever say that I would be rude to a person with one of these medical conditions or syndromes…never, …in fact I said otherwise.

Did you watch the three videos I pasted links to?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:36 pm
A trans woman said she experienced discrimination when a diner manager harassed her about using the women's restroom.

The manager followed her to her table out of the restroom and told her she wasn't a woman, New Jersey.com reported.

"You're a woman in your dreams," the night manager said, according to Erin Kinahan.
Was that you Markk?
There shouldn't be men's and women's restrooms to begin with. It's a ridiculous practice.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!