do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by Gadianton »

A teenage boy gets a "sex-change," twenty years later, discovers the Book of Mormon, gains a testimony, and comes to regret the decision. Just as a smoker can't un-smoke all those cigarettes and change their lungs, this person bears the mark of the decision in body form, dresses worn and the long hair and mannerisms. Can this person get the priesthood?

note: trans men can get baptized but can't get the priesthood because no matter how much they have altered themselves, they are still 100% women. Likewise, this person who long ago made these radical superficial changes is every bit as man as Elder Bednar, and should not be prohibited from holding the priesthood.
ajax18
God

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by ajax18 »

Are you a biologist? Don't bother taking your question to the supreme court. Apparently one of our justices doesn't know what a woman is either.

By the way Gad, it's good to see you didn't die from Covid.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Mormons believe Joe Smith was a great man, so their judgment is clearly suspect. Their assessment of gender can be summarily dismissed.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Ajax, are you going to be like the kid in math class who makes fun of everyone who didn't know the answer to problem 16 on the test, but he himself also doesn't know?
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Look, if Breitbart said the dog was a pomegranate, then it clearly was not a pomeranian.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 2:14 pm
Ajax, are you going to be like the kid in math class who makes fun of everyone who didn't know the answer to problem 16 on the test, but he himself also doesn't know?
On the one hand they celebrate her as the first black female justice on the Supreme Court but on the other hand they can't tell you for sure what a woman is.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Well, if you can, prove it, by providing the definition, otherwise it doesn't really matter. Just because they can't solve problem no. 16, doesn't mean you can.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gadianton wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:46 pm
A teenage boy gets a "sex-change," twenty years later, discovers the Book of Mormon, gains a testimony, and comes to regret the decision. Just as a smoker can't un-smoke all those cigarettes and change their lungs, this person bears the mark of the decision in body form, dresses worn and the long hair and mannerisms. Can this person get the priesthood?
Does the trans mtf-ftm still have his penis and testes? I’m being serious.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

In the scenario I provided, no, it's a full-on surgery.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Gadianton wrote:
Sun May 01, 2022 10:10 pm
In the scenario I provided, no, it's a full-on surgery.
Oh, man. No way. A Mormon priesthood holder has to have his cocknballs, unless they were blown off in war or removed by a particularly pernicious animal. Perhaps a car accident too, but only if they were headed to church or otherwise ‘ministering’.

But, yeah. That doesn’t make sense since if a geriatric who can’t or won’t make more babies can hold the priesthood, it shouldn’t matter if a mtf-ftm changed his mind and wanted to be a man with the priesthood.

🤨

Quite the quandary. Is the power of the priesthood directly tied to a penis with testicles?

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.