do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
doubtingthomas
God

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by doubtingthomas »

A person who was assigned female at birth, develops normal female breasts, and identifies as a female, is a man according to Markk! Right Markk?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:07 am
I just stated the science as I read it and understand it…I believe that whether they are biologically male or female is one thing, and what they identify as, with a doctors help if asked for… is another… but in the end their choice…would you disagree?
I don't think parents have total decision on what the biological sex will be on medical records or birth certificates. In some areas they may. I don't know if we have any examples of a parents or parents saying they want them classified the opposite of what their biological sex is if their is no question from the medical community. Some areas parents can pick gender neutral. Keep in mind that biological sex is not determined just by looking to see if one has a Y looking chromosome. Hormones and anatomy play a big role, and Y looking chromosome may not have the instructions to to develop male. Female is the default development unless one has the instructions do develop male. This is why we can have XY's develop into females, or why some XX's can develop into males if the instructions for being male get onto the X chromosome. You contain the instructions to develop as female.

Here's an article about sex determination that is interesting.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 141333.htm
Are you a biological male…if you answered that I apologize…?
Yes, but it was never determined by looking at my genes. I suspect you as well. It was determined by looking most at anatomy. Further testing is not usually done unless their is a question (At least not when I was born). Now I have never had a DNA test so I could be an XX male. Based on the above it should be clear why we don't define female or woman just by looking to see if one has a Y looking chromosome, and we also should look at even biochemistry going on in the body and how it may influence how a person may feel about their gender identity.
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

doubtingthomas wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 1:35 pm
So answer my question. Is a true gonadal intersex person a (A) biological man or a (B) biological woman?

Answer my question with A or B.
For the third time either nether or both, depending how you look at it…they share the genes and organs of both sexes…again from what I have read. You have the floor now, correct me if I am wrong and give me the link. They are both A and B in regards to genes. Again from what I read.

Being that you are so confident that you are a biological man, how do you know that? 3rd or 4th request.

Thanks
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Themis wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 2:35 pm
Markk wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 5:07 am
I just stated the science as I read it and understand it…I believe that whether they are biologically male or female is one thing, and what they identify as, with a doctors help if asked for… is another… but in the end their choice…would you disagree?
I don't think parents have total decision on what the biological sex will be on medical records or birth certificates. In some areas they may. I don't know if we have any examples of a parents or parents saying they want them classified the opposite of what their biological sex is if their is no question from the medical community. Some areas parents can pick gender neutral. Keep in mind that biological sex is not determined just by looking to see if one has a Y looking chromosome. Hormones and anatomy play a big role, and Y looking chromosome may not have the instructions to to develop male. Female is the default development unless one has the instructions do develop male. This is why we can have XY's develop into females, or why some XX's can develop into males if the instructions for being male get onto the X chromosome. You contain the instructions to develop as female.

Here's an article about sex determination that is interesting.
https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2 ... 141333.htm
Are you a biological male…if you answered that I apologize…?
Yes, but it was never determined by looking at my genes. I suspect you as well. It was determined by looking most at anatomy. Further testing is not usually done unless their is a question (At least not when I was born). Now I have never had a DNA test so I could be an XX male. Based on the above it should be clear why we don't define female or woman just by looking to see if one has a Y looking chromosome, and we also should look at even biochemistry going on in the body and how it may influence how a person may feel about their gender identity.
Thanks I will read your link when I get a chance.

But you believe you can define why you are a man…have you fathered any children?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:04 pm
Jersey Girl wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 6:50 am

Oh look. Markk has chosen to treat us all to a demonstration of his reading comprehension, I mean, drinking skills tonight. Aren't we blessed? Cute Markk. Tipped your hand when you decided to tip that glass tonight, didn't cha?

:lol:
I’m a Coors light guy, the red wine comment was a suggestion for you…

I’m just saying that it is easy to criticize others while not putting yourself out there also, which you seldom do. There are those like Honor, Pakes, Res and DT that jump in…and that’s what makes it fun and where in my case learn by searching and reading data on various web sites.

Just popping in once in a while, with a bitchy attitude demanding this and that is weak Jersey Girl…or being a nanny just to me, while you don’t do the same to your tribe members, is also week.

Carry on…love ya
I seldom attempt to engage you, Markk. Why in the hell would I engage someone who doesn't even know who he's replying to at any given time or didn't you read the copy of your own reply I furnished you? Nope. Just skip over that, Mr. Sharp as a Tack.

All of those unacknowledged screw ups accumulate over time.

My tribe members :roll: aren't intellectually lazy, Markk. They remember who the hell they're talking to, they bother to spell like an adult, they don't go around telling people to "focus" when they clearly can't focus themselves, and they don't demand summaries and crap from others when they haven't supplied evidence to support their own position themselves and they don't respond to a well constructed post with "LOL" like a middle schooler who is too naïve to appreciate that he's been supplied with substantial material from someone who cared enough to prepare it for him.

You get what you earn from me. Very low time investment and very little respect.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Then don’t talk at me anymore…if you want to talk with me fine, if not fine.

But, I still love ya
Themis
Elder

Post by Themis »

Markk wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:13 pm
But you believe you can define why you are a man…have you fathered any children?
Defining biological sex is quite easy for the vast majority of people and we have discussed those definitions. Your use of the word man suggests though you do have some understanding the term is being used in a social way of gender identity. Sure I see myself as a man based on many of the social ideas of what a man is supposed to be and of course having male anatomy. Some though are in the middle. Should they be able to determine how they view their sex and gender and be treated that way by society?
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Themis wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 9:40 pm
Markk wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 4:13 pm
Defining biological sex is quite easy for the vast majority of people and we have discussed those definitions. Your use of the word man suggests though you do have some understanding the term is being used in a social way of gender identity. Sure I see myself as a man based on many of the social ideas of what a man is supposed to be and of course having male anatomy. Some though are in the middle. Should they be able to determine how they view their sex and gender and be treated that way by society?
Have you fathered children…are you a father? Or is that also a name something society has forced on you because you fathered a child. In your opinion is being a “male” vs a “man” also a name society has “forced” on you? Not understanding something and disagreeing with something are two different things, mine is the latter here, in that words are meaningless without context, and many of the words we are throwing around at each on this thread have different meanings in different contexts.

And we could say all words are used in a social way and there for their are no absolutes in any usage of a word in a specific context using that line of reasoning.

What would be absolute word that we can define for the person that provides the sperm, and for the person that supplies the egg and gives birth to a child, naturally with any medical intervention making it possible?

But anyways have you fathered a child? And can male and female be defined IYO?
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Markk,

Did you watch Battlestar Galactica(2004)?

You can read a synopsis if not. In it, there is a Silon called Six who wears a red dress you’ve likely seen at some point in media. Suppose technology reaches that point one day. Is Six a woman? In the show, Six gets raped at one point. Can that really be called rape?
Markk
2nd Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Gadianton wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 11:33 pm
Markk,

Did you watch Battlestar Galactica(2004)?

You can read a synopsis if not. In it, there is a Silon called Six who wears a red dress you’ve likely seen at some point in media. Suppose technology reaches that point one day. Is Six a woman? In the show, Six gets raped at one point. Can that really be called rape?
No I didn’t, but from what I just read Cylons are machines and hybrids of, and it is a movie or a TV show…and it would be called part of the plot. And if the writer of the script or screen play wrote it in as rape…yes it could be called rape, but if he said it was destruction of property and trespassing it could be called that also.

What is your point?