do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:03 am
I'm going to pop this post back up again for the second time. I'm usually a good teacher but who knows let's see if I can take this one step forward Markk. Hate this.

THIS IS WHAT WE MAKE YOU BE AS A SOCIETY

You need to understand what gender is and that it is a social construct.
Boys and girls are raised differently by their families and society based on those social constructs.
The social constructs are actually stereotypes.
That sets the perception of what constitutes a boy and girl in place.

Example: Boys toys vs. girls toys. Boy colors vs. girl colors.

THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE BORN AS

Sex

You need to understand what your sex is.
It's not the same as your perceived gender.
Sex refers to your physical characteristics, what reproductive organs you have.
And...to complicate matters more...whether or not you have reproductive organs of BOTH sexes.

Did that help anything at all? I'll do another one just on gender. Just simple snapshot of the term gender.
It depends on the context…I showed that above to I believe Themis, or Chap.

But that said what is you point and how does your point define what a woman is and what they are not?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:22 am
Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:10 am

According to some, you are not a girl…and maybe not even a woman in that woman is subjective with no definition. Go figure.
I'm a girl because I was raised to be a girl except for one thing...I was also provided with typical boy toys and experiences as a child so only God knows what I am.

So far I figure I'm female. ;)

I gotta stop now. Getting stressed out. It's not you, it's me.
So you are not a woman? You just figure you are a female, but you don’t know for sure? Real questions?
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 2:20 am
Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 1:22 am

I'm a girl because I was raised to be a girl except for one thing...I was also provided with typical boy toys and experiences as a child so only God knows what I am.

So far I figure I'm female. ;)

I gotta stop now. Getting stressed out. It's not you, it's me.
So you are not a woman? You just figure you are a female, but you don’t know for sure? Real questions?
I'm not even sure if I'm firmly attached to reality right now if that helps anything. Different topic.

You aren't using the terms appropriately for this topic. What should have happened here (I didn't read the earlier exchanges here so I am just as guilty of not knowing what went on) is for folks to define terms and then move forward. Failing to define terms at the start is what screws up so many discussions on this board.

If you don't define terms and use them consistently the topic usually goes to crap while people are wrestling over inconsistencies in usage of terminology.

Do I sound insane? I'm just checking my progress here because I think I'm recovering from my illness but I might be hallucinating or delusional or something. I think I might be coming in and out like the old antenna televisions.

Hey...if anyone ever wanted to see me posting totally impaired...this is as close as it's ever gotten. I am among friends so I hear!
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Question for you, Markk: Is having a vagina rather than a penis necessary equipment to wear a dress?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 2:33 am
Question for you, Markk: Is having a vagina rather than a penis necessary equipment to wear a dress?
LOL….Triple malt this early! This will be good and eventually lead to nipple rings…but I’ll bite…no Honer it isn’t.
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 2:32 am
Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 2:20 am

I'm not even sure if I'm firmly attached to reality right now if that helps anything. Different topic.

You aren't using the terms appropriately for this topic. What should have happened here (I didn't read the earlier exchanges here so I am just as guilty of not knowing what went on) is for folks to define terms and then move forward. Failing to define terms at the start is what screws up so many discussions on this board.

If you don't define terms and use them consistently the topic usually goes to crap while people are wrestling over inconsistencies in usage of terminology.

Do I sound insane? I'm just checking my progress here because I think I'm recovering from my illness but I might be hallucinating or delusional or something. I think I might be coming in and out like the old antenna televisions.

Hey...if anyone ever wanted to see me posting totally impaired...this is as close as it's ever gotten. I am among friends so I hear!
Take a hot bath and try agin tomorrow….
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Mark wrote:a definition of a woman is a female
Mark wrote:a Girl is just another name or term for a female
If this were a circular reasoning contest, you'd be winning.

Interestingly, your definitions would work great for any trans person.

right-winger: hey trans person, how can you say you're a woman?

trans-person: because I'm female.

right-winger: according to who?

trans-person: according to the definition, as I'm a girl. A female is just another term for a girl

If I have some time tomorrow, I'll bring in our friend Socrates to help out.

I didn't say "woman" has no definition. I said I don't have one. And so far no right-winger except you has tried to provide one, and all you've done so far is create a tautology. woman = female = girl
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

honorentheos wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:25 am
Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:06 am

LOL….Triple malt this early! This will be good and eventually lead to nipple rings…but I’ll bite…no Honer it isn’t.
Nice to see you warming to your role in the ritual damned this inevitably becomes...;) Perhaps I'll let you lay on your back with your legs up rather than bent over on your knees this time. Novelty.

So, in you opinion, is wearing a dress a perfectly fine option available to anyone at any time?
Sure…anyone can wear what ever they like anywhere they want when appropriate. Men and women at my work must wear long pants and leather steel toed boots per our saftey rules. I wouldn’t recommend a brown dress accepting the best actor award, maybe a yellow silk might be better.

I prefer dickie carpenter jeans and tee shirts, it is the style I prefer…what style do you prefer?
Markk
1st Quorum of 70

Post by Markk »

Gadianton wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:46 am
Mark wrote:a definition of a woman is a female
Mark wrote:a Girl is just another name or term for a female
If this were a circular reasoning contest, you'd be winning.

Interestingly, your definitions would work great for any trans person.

right-winger: hey trans person, how can you say you're a woman?

trans-person: because I'm female.

right-winger: according to who?

trans-person: according to the definition, as I'm a girl. A female is just another term for a girl

If I have some time tomorrow, I'll bring in our friend Socrates to help out.

I didn't say "woman" has no definition. I said I don't have one. And so far no right-winger except you has tried to provide one, and all you've done so far is create a tautology. woman = female = girl

Okay you don’t know what a woman is, I do.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Markk wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:48 am
honorentheos wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 3:25 am

Nice to see you warming to your role in the ritual damned this inevitably becomes...;) Perhaps I'll let you lay on your back with your legs up rather than bent over on your knees this time. Novelty.

So, in you opinion, is wearing a dress a perfectly fine option available to anyone at any time?
Sure…anyone can wear what ever they like anywhere they want when appropriate. Men and women at my work must wear long pants and leather steel toed boots per our saftey rules. I wouldn’t recommend a brown dress accepting the best actor award, maybe a yellow silk might be better.

I prefer dickie carpenter jeans and tee shirts, it is the style I prefer.
Ok, so we've determined that anyone can wear a dress at their own choosing, whenever, environmental factors mitigating. No societal norms need interfere and their biological sex has no bearing on that. Cool.

So lets look at a different norm to confirm we continue to share an underlying understanding. In your opinion, were a member of a couple to be given an opportunity to accept a big promotion in their career but need to relocate to take it, expectations about how they should make the decision to relocate wouldn't be weighted differently depending on if the person had a vagina or a penis? Presuming that having one or the other was not otherwise necessary for any other reason, of course.