do I understand the definition of a woman?

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Themis
Elder

Re: do I understand the definition of a woman?

Post by Themis »

Chap wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:07 pm
Morley wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:42 pm

This bears repeating. Emphasis mine.
True, that. But one thing that does not bear repeating is (essentially) the same damn question over and over again. How anyone can find that worthwhile beats me.
LOL Yet you guys are still reading.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

Themis wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:21 pm
Yet you guys are still reading.
My visits here are rare. They are mostly prompted by an occasional morbid curiosity that motivates me to see how long Markk can keep on and on ... well, like this:

Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

283557041_10221692284915755_4918382655121292134_n.jpg
283557041_10221692284915755_4918382655121292134_n.jpg (40.12 KiB) Viewed 498 times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

huckelberry wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 8:16 pm
This thread appears locked in madness.
Morley wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 12:42 pm
This bears repeating.
Chap wrote:
True, that. But one thing that does not bear repeating is (essentially) the same damn question over and over again. How anyone can find that worthwhile beats me.
Themis wrote:
Themis, though you're right, I'm not sure what the idea that the thread has descended into madness has to do with the fact that people are occasionally checking in to see what's happening.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

To be honest, I've lost the plot as to what points anyone is trying to make. I get the impression Markk has softened on the idea biological sex is a strict binary though he seems inclined to assign the exceptions to disease or interference. Something like a developmental abnormality than an expression on a spectrum.

DT...?.no idea what point he is trying to make now.

Themis...I assume it's that biological sex isn't baked in absolutely into the code but contingent on the equivalent of a hand-copied recipe being followed in a mobile kitchen on the go. A normal ride down a freeway with all the required ingredients.available yielding different results from a bump ride on a Backcountry forest service road with wild swings in environmental conditions and ingredient substitutions that the result is sensitive to like a souffle being another matter. Or something.

Gender? Out the window. I don't get the sense any current participants differentiate between gender and sex, actually. I expect this contributes to the chaos.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Themis wrote:
Chap wrote:

It's more like rubber necking, Themis.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:27 pm

Gender? Out the window. I don't get the sense any current participants differentiate between gender and sex, actually. I expect this contributes to the chaos.
Listen, I tried early on. My posts regarding gender vs. sex were straight up ignored. What's left is the usual vortex. This thread is destined to go the way of the Hunter Biden threads. SSDD.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Jersey Girl wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 7:56 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 6:27 pm

Listen, I tried early on. My posts regarding gender vs. sex were straight up ignored. What's left is the usual vortex. This thread is destined to go the way of the Hunter Biden threads. SSDD.
Absolutely, and seen. :)

There have been a few quite good comments in that direction in my opinion. Chap really said what needed said early on. Gadianton's comments mid-thread were insightful. I believe DT brought up a good example that helped illuminate the problems with demanding nature behave like an engineered system with strict binary definitions, too. Themis made good points and I'd give Markk credit for engaging and reading rather than dismissing comments.

It just seems like the ship got out to sea, lost sight of land, and forgot where it was heading.

I seem to recall a couple of responses where the idea of gender being associated with but not identical to biological sex were dismissed by more than Markk. And I think that leaves the discussion adrift. Cultural definitions for what it means to be a man vs a woman assert a (constructed) binary over the biological spectrum that would serve as a natural exit point from the current loop.
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

Markk wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 5:06 am
doubtingthomas wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 4:32 am

Ephesians 5:22"Wives, submit yourselves to your own husbands as you do to the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church"

Let me ask you Markk, how exactly would Ephesians 5:22 apply to a married person with CAIS? Do you believe the Lord is cool with same sex marriage?

LOL…
What's so funny?
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll:
doubtingthomas
God

Post by doubtingthomas »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 10:08 pm
There have been a few quite good comments in that direction in my opinion. Chap really said what needed said early on. Gadianton's comments mid-thread were insightful. I believe DT brought up a good example that helped illuminate the problems with demanding nature behave like an engineered system with strict binary definitions, too. Themis made good points and I'd give Markk credit for engaging and reading rather than dismissing comments.
Markk believes in the creator Christian god.
"I have the type of (REAL) job where I can choose how to spend my time," says Marcus. :roll: