the night watchman

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gadianton
God

Re: the night watchman

Post by Gadianton »

High Spy wrote:President Carter proposed OTEC to counter the OPEC embargo. Not only does it produce zero-carbon energy, it can also neutralize typhoons, produce tons of fresh water and numerous other by-products. It also can supply many side-benefits such as bringing new life to sterile regions of the oceans, thereby enhancing food production.

But exactly like the watchman, Carter’s vision was mischaracterized and Bush’s big oil buddies ensured OTECs demise.
You are probably the only person ever to read that email who knows about this, Spy.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Schmo wrote:If the GOP base is constantly reading stuff like this, it's little wonder they all sound like morons.
They are -- at least the older generation. For A-Mike's age group it's memes and "Let's go Brandon", but the guys who have been retired for a while are those who got onto email the same time A-Mike got Facebook. And so they synchronize their watches to chain emails more than they do via other media; at least that's been my observation. A lot of this stuff has circulated for ten or twenty years if not longer, and still trade Clinton / Lewinski jokes.
Gadianton
God

Post by Gadianton »

Canpakes wrote:Well, your friend doesn’t know much of the history and the responsibilities of the DoE, and he has taken to advertising his ignorance to the world.
You're giving him way too much credit. If I ask him tomorrow to explain the email he sent to me, he won't be able to. He could never come up with something like that himself. As dumb as it might be, it's way beyond his ability.