Supreme Court Overturning Roe v Wade

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
ajax18
God

Re: Supreme Court Overturning Roe v Wade

Post by ajax18 »

Are you trying to tell me that all these out of wedlock pregnancies are due to condom failure?

If it's urgent than why not just move to a blue state?
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 2:05 am
Are you trying to tell me that all these out of wedlock pregnancies are due to condom failure?

If it's urgent than why not just move to a blue state?
Saying condoms aren't 100% effective is not the same as saying all out of wedlock births are due to condom failure.

Not even close.

It should require no explanation and wasn't even my main point, which you haven't addressed. The Dobbs decision will lead to dead pregnant women. As an RN I was horrified when it happened, because the consequences are obvious. Anyone with a medical license should be able to see that.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Father Francis wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 5:16 am
As far as affordable goes, I'm guessing you're thinking condoms? They aren't 100% effective.
Your second sentence does not contradict your first sentence, so I don't see why you typed it.

Besides, "only" 99.9% effective (when used correctly) isn't an argument against using them.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Kishkumen
God

Post by Kishkumen »

I think the point is that condom use does not end the need for abortion. Indeed, an end to unwanted pregnancies won’t. There are medical reasons to get an abortion that the flood of kooky laws Dobbs has released make dangerously complicated. Dobbs is a nightmare. Trump might as well have transferred the Supreme Court to Vatican City.
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.”~Thomas Pynchon, Gravity’s Rainbow
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 9:34 am
Father Francis wrote:
Mon May 29, 2023 5:16 am
As far as affordable goes, I'm guessing you're thinking condoms? They aren't 100% effective.
Your second sentence does not contradict your first sentence, so I don't see why you typed it.

Besides, "only" 99.9% effective (when used correctly) isn't an argument against using them.
No, but it is an argument for using more than form of birth control if possible.
Father Francis
Bishop

Post by Father Francis »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:21 am
I think the point is that condom use does not end the need for abortion. Indeed, an end to unwanted pregnancies won’t. There are medical reasons to get an abortion that the flood of kooky laws Dobbs has released make dangerously complicated. Dobbs is a nightmare. Trump might as well have transferred the Supreme Court to Vatican City.
This was indeed my point.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

Kishkumen wrote:
Wed May 31, 2023 11:21 am
Thank you.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!