Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by honorentheos »

Marcus wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:24 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 4:04 am
Uh, I'm too dense to get the clue. But maybe?

ETA: I'll try Xeno's trick.

***Spoilers***
Brazil(highlight the preceding text to reveal)
**Spoilers***
I’ll try that …
***Spoilers***
Land of OP = Poland. I know I know. Bad pun. (highlight the preceding text to reveal)
**Spoilers***
Ha! Makes sense now. I'm just overthinking everything. I was trying to figure out how the thread OP related to an answer and drew a blank. I didn't think about how you laid it out. Golum would have eaten me and there'd be no Lord of the Rings had I been in Bilbo's place.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Today's was a tough one for me, but I got lucky. My first two ̶r̶a̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶t̶s̶ guesses were on the wrong continents, but were roughly equidistant from the object which helped me land my third guess in the right neighborhood. I wasn't at all confident about my fifth guess, but it somehow happened to be the one.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

honorentheos wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 12:05 am
Marcus wrote:
Mon May 16, 2022 2:24 pm

I’ll try that …
***Spoilers***
Land of OP = Poland. I know I know. Bad pun. (highlight the preceding text to reveal)
**Spoilers***
Ha! Makes sense now. I'm just overthinking everything. I was trying to figure out how the thread OP related to an answer and drew a blank. I didn't think about how you laid it out. Golum would have eaten me and there'd be no Lord of the Rings had I been in Bilbo's place.
:lol:
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:56 pm
Today's was a tough one for me, but I got lucky. My first two ̶r̶a̶n̶g̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶t̶s̶ guesses were on the wrong continents, but were roughly equidistant from the object which helped me land my third guess in the right neighborhood. I wasn't at all confident about my fifth guess, but it somehow happened to be the one.
I was within the same region on this one right away (the flag suggested it) but then shot around it like a stormtrooper. It came down to it and another, and the correct answer lost the coin flip. So I didn't get it.

I'm interested in how everyone does tomorrow.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

I missed yesterday, too much in real life nonsense. Today's was very easy for me, the flag alone gave it away before I even had to consider borders.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Xenophon wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:31 pm
I missed yesterday, too much in real life nonsense. Today's was very easy for me, the flag alone gave it away before I even had to consider borders.
I had a similar experience. The flag was the give away. I had no clue based on the border and would have been guessing without it.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I missed the one I had today which will be your tomorrow. I suspect it's going to be more mixed.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Today's was completely unfamiliar to me. I had the right area on my 3rd guess, but was still pretty lost because just about everything I know about the region I learned from computer games. The capital gave it away for me.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

Wow. I find the size hint pretty helpful, but still, there’s a good reason I dread the geography category in our local trivia game. The only saving grace is that the proprietor of the game seems to have a fascination with seriously arcane southwestern U.S. trivia, which is far more up my alley than for most east coasters at our event.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Yeah, this game is humbling. I tried playing at first, but realized quickly I am not really equipped to play most days. So now I just open up google maps and start hunting for the country. Basically, I'm giving myself a quick geography lesson every day. Maybe in time (when the countries make a reappearance) I'll do better.

If the point is to know geography, I fail, but if it's to learn world geography, it works well.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.