Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Re: Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by Bret Ripley »

honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:27 pm
Bret Ripley wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 1:47 pm
My ego suffers much less damage when the name of the country is actually spelled out on the flag's emblem. Hopefully, one day soon, other countries will adopt this simple kindness and follow suit (I am looking at you, Sierra Leone).

eta: :o
Lol
Yesterday I mentioned Sierra Leone because it had stumped me in Worldle. After posting this, I popped open Globle where yesterday's answer was ... Sierra Leone. Surely, Sierra Leone shall follow me all the days of my life.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Wow... today was the first day I actually knew the answer and got it first guess.

So, today's is pretty easy.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Some Schmo wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:47 pm
Wow... today was the first day I actually knew the answer and got it first guess.

Maybe. I got it on my second guess, but was surprised that it was the correct answer. I was just trying to establish the correct general region, and this was one of the approximately two archipelagos I could think of.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 1:42 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Mon May 23, 2022 2:27 pm

Lol
Yesterday I mentioned Sierra Leone because it had stumped me in Worldle. After posting this, I popped open Globle where yesterday's answer was ... Sierra Leone. Surely, Sierra Leone shall follow me all the days of my life.
I saw the shocked emoji and thought that was what it was for. I commented in the globle thread that maybe playing Worldle was in fact doing me some good. I started somewhere far away and was triangulating based on distance. When it seemed the west coast of Africa might be were the mystery country was located, well, why not guess Sierra Leone to start with? It wouldn't have been a guess that came to mind for me if it hadn't been a Worldle answer recently, either. :)
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:04 pm
Some Schmo wrote:

Maybe. I got it on my second guess, but was surprised that it was the correct answer. I was just trying to establish the correct general region, and this was one of the approximately two archipelagos I could think of.
I got this one after being wrong twice, but it was one of the names I immediately thought it could be. The eastern border threw me off and kept it from being my first guess. I would have guessed the flag would have been something else as well.
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

I seem to either know the countries immediately (like today) or am hopelessly lost until the the capital is revealed (as has happened several times this week). Since playing, I've begun looking at maps more critically.

Globle is more intuitive in some ways.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Bret Ripley wrote:
Tue May 24, 2022 2:04 pm
Some Schmo wrote:

I regret posting that it was easy. "Easy" is in the eye of the beholder, which is to say, if you happen to have run across that country in your life experience, it's easy for you.

For some reason, my eye tends to linger in that area a lot when looking at google maps.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Today I successfully submitted 5 guesses.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

:lol:

I was saved by globle having had a few in the area recently so I had spent time trying to get more familiar with that region. It was one of the names that managed to stick, which I attribute to being unusual but related to John Belushi.

That said I may end up back in sync with you all. It isn't giving me a country to guess today, just a gray screen. Maybe the matrix found out I'm living in the future...
Morley
God
Location: Gotta love this 1794 woodcut portrait by Toshusai Sharaku.

Post by Morley »

Is the site down? I'm getting a gray screen. too.

Maybe we crashed it because we were all so good at guessing the countries.