Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by honorentheos »

https://yawgmoth.github.io/worldle/#/

For those who may be looking for something different from the Wordle but not too different, the link above is to Worldle, a geography-based codebreaker game.

The objective is to guess the identify of a country that is presented first by outline and flag only. The participant is given five guesses using a drop-down to help. An incorrect guess yields information such as how far the country is from the one guessed as well as a geography fact.

I'm no good at geography, but its interesting and fun.

ETA: Alternative version with no flag, gives distance and direction rather than other geography clues.

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/
Last edited by honorentheos on Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
honorentheos
God

Re: Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by honorentheos »

Today's was one of the easier ones.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

Thanks for sharing Honor, I'm going to be terrible at this but it should be a great learning opportunity.
honorentheos wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:02 pm
Is it the same for everyone?
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Xenophon wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:05 pm
Thanks for sharing Honor, I'm going to be terrible at this but it should be a great learning opportunity.
honorentheos wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:02 pm
Is it the same for everyone?
I think it is, like the Wordle.

ETA: What I had was an island with a distinctive divide between the nation on the north from the south half of the island. I don't think that's a spoiler.
Xenophon

Post by Xenophon »

honorentheos wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 6:09 pm

ETA: What I had was an island with a distinctive divide between the nation on the north from the south half of the island. I don't think that's a spoiler.
I did not have an island, so I think it might be truly random generated. I'll PM you mine, perhaps it was one you had yesterday.

ETA: We can confirm that we did not have the same country but honor has previously had the one I had today. Still looking forward to a different take on the concept.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Xenophon wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 6:20 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 6:09 pm

I did not have an island, so I think it might be truly random generated. I'll PM you mine, perhaps it was one you had yesterday.
Thanks for pointing that out, Xeno. It looks like it may be random or sequential for the user rather than a puzzle per day. When you get the island I described let me know. I'm curious if it is sequential.
huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Puzzle I found was Angola. I was not entirely sure but Angola was what I thought most likely. Maybe I did not read right but I think it rejected that so I tried every other choice until it told me it was Angola. Hmmmm. maybe I did not read right.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Also, curious what you thought of it as a puzzle? It's more difficult for me than the Wordle. Providing the distance from the guess to the solution has shown me I started with a poor sense of how far apart most places are from one another. But I get more from the process as a result than the Wordle.
Xenophon

Post by Xenophon »

Huckelberry, you may want to edit your post for spoilers. We did have the same one though so I suspect the sequence is set based on the day you started, so likely tomorrow you and I will have the same country again.

Odd that you had issues with yours, mine went through just fine. I did do the puzzle on Edge browser from my laptop not sure how the experience translates to other platforms/devices.
He/Him

― Xenophon
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

When you get it right the airplane is shown just about to land next to the statement, "It is _______".