Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by honorentheos »

Gunnar wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:00 am
two guesses this time. :oops: Didn't know my flags quite as well as I thought I did. I confused the flag with that of a country with a very similar name, but whose flags were very different.
I blew it. The color scheme of the flag combined with the shape immediately put me on the right continent but I wasn't getting any inspiration and didn't recognize the capital, either. Oh well.

I am struggling to think of a country with a similar sounding name, too. I must be tired or something and I'll have to go look it up now.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Gunner and I discovered he isn't seeing the same questions at least I am. His answer from yesterday wasn't my answer yesterday or today. That explained why I couldn't figure out what country had a similar name to the one I had. :lol:
Dr Exiled
God

Post by Dr Exiled »

Today was very easy, but, I am sort of a history buff for that time period.
Myth is misused by the powerful to subjugate the masses all too often.
Morley
God

Post by Morley »

Dr Exiled wrote:
Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:55 pm
Today was very easy, but, I am sort of a history buff for that time period.
Indeed.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

First guess again. I have been led to believe that the countries selected for the puzzle may not be the same for everyone. Someone please PM me with your correct answer so I can compare it with mine. If it doesn't match my answer, that would confirm my hypothesis, or rather honorentheos' hypothesis, as he is the one who clued me in on it.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Gunnar wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:14 am
First guess again. I have been led to believe that the countries selected for the puzzle may not be the same for everyone. Someone please PM me with your correct answer so I can compare it with mine. If it doesn't match my answer, that would confirm my hypothesis, or rather honorentheos' hypothesis, as he is the one who clued me in on it.
It seems that way since the day I had Zimbabwe as the answer was the day you said you mixed up the name of the correct country with another. :)

After yesterday's fairly familiar country, both for shape and flag, I had a much more difficult time today. The size clue helped.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

I got today's on the first answer. I can only credit my embarrassment at being totally unfamiliar with the country when it appeared on Globle. I spent enough time on the country's wiki afterwards that had I failed today I would have given up my geography credentials.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Xenophon wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:29 pm
I got today's on the first answer. I can only credit my embarrassment at being totally unfamiliar with the country when it appeared on Globle. I spent enough time on the country's wiki afterwards that had I failed today I would have given up my geography credentials.
Not being nearly as industrious of a student as you, I also got it eventually due to it being a former Globle answer but only because the size clue made it seem likely.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

First guess again.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Xenophon
Savior (resurrected state)

Post by Xenophon »

I was today years old when I learned I didn't know this country's flag. The shape was unmistakable to me but I almost didn't get it on the first go because of the flag.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon