Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Gunnar
God

Re: Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by Gunnar »

another extremely easy first guess.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jul 09, 2022 8:27 am
another extremely easy first guess.
Likewise.
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

first guess again.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

For those for whom having the flag makes this too easy, perhaps the version without a flag will present a similar challenge as those face who, like me, do not know the flags on sight.

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/

To be frank seeing people such as gunner post repeated they get everything from Switzerland to Mauritius with equal ease has taken much of the fun out of the thread for me. Its like watching an expert pool player clearing tables but not attempting trick shots. Yeah, the skill required to pull it off is impressive but there isn't much else to engage. Skill tests that don't actually present a challenge are honestly boring.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 5:55 pm
For those for whom having the flag makes this too easy, perhaps the version without a flag will present a similar challenge as those face who, like me, do not know the flags on sight.

https://worldle.teuteuf.fr/

To be frank seeing people such as gunner post repeated they get everything from Switzerland to Mauritius with equal ease has taken much of the fun out of the thread for me. Its like watching an expert pool player clearing tables but not attempting trick shots. Yeah, the skill required to pull it off is impressive but there isn't much else to engage. Skill tests that don't actually present a challenge are honestly boring.
fascinating.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

The thread has clearly slowed to almost no discussion. I don't know if its fascinating. Its legit. So I decided to do something by both saying something about my perspective and offering an alternative game that may present a different challenge which is kinda the point of games last I checked. Others can certainly feel free to discuss anything they wish including if they disagree the lack of challenge the game appeared to present to some affected their interest in the thread being a place for participating and discussing their daily experience. Or not. There's a lot of, "Or not" already but whatever. It begs the question then of why folks stopped posting, though.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

honorentheos wrote:

To be frank seeing people such as gunner post repeated they get everything from Switzerland to Mauritius with equal ease has taken much of the fun out of the thread for me....
this was the fascinating part. it is suddenly no fun when others post their successes. fascinating.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 10:58 pm
honorentheos wrote:

To be frank seeing people such as gunner post repeated they get everything from Switzerland to Mauritius with equal ease has taken much of the fun out of the thread for me....
this was the fascinating part. it is suddenly no fun when others post their successes. fascinating.
I get the pettiness motivation here and their longer term roots. I know according to your worldview we apparently sit on opposing teams for reasons. That's all yours, though. Zero "F"s about that.

So, really, where did the comments go? It's not like I alone stopped posting. The issue not being someone's success but lack of challenge making the thread pointless. If you start a thread about how you dressed yourself each morning, well, congrats. I'm happy for you. But no one is participating unironically in that thread. Unless pettiness and whatever team sport is imagined to be involved, of course.
Marcus
God

Post by Marcus »

honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:05 pm
Zero "F"s about that..
No surprise there!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
honorentheos wrote: The issue not being someone's success but lack of challenge making the thread pointless.
:roll: But of course it is....
honorentheos wrote:

To be frank seeing people such as gunner post repeated they get everything from Switzerland to Mauritius with equal ease has taken much of the fun out of the thread for me...
Hence my comment
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Marcus wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:22 pm
honorentheos wrote:
Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:05 pm
Zero "F"s about that..
No surprise there!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
honorentheos wrote: The issue not being someone's success but lack of challenge making the thread pointless.
:roll: But of course it is....
honorentheos wrote:

To be frank seeing people such as gunner post repeated they get everything from Switzerland to Mauritius with equal ease has taken much of the fun out of the thread for me...
Hence my comment
And hence my non-personal reply that everyone stopped participating. So, a different challenge was put on offer along with the observation. I know, the opportunity to make it about me, or any poster really, rather than a topic draws you out of your hole as sure anything. I knew what you found fascinating. It is what it is, hence no "F"s need be given.