Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
honorentheos
God

Re: Worldle - Because There's More to Life than Word Games

Post by honorentheos »

I agree it was one of the more familiar countries. But I also have to credit having played this and global for a while for part of that. Before, I may have been thrown by the appendage area since I had previously envisioned the shape to be much more simple. The flag was familiar but I didn't recognize it with definitive confidence.
Xenophon
God

Post by Xenophon »

Yep today should mostly be a freebie, especially if you've been playing for this long. If it helps you can ignore the outlying area and just think about the largest chunk, don't overthink it from that.
He/Him

“If you consider what are called the virtues in mankind, you will find their growth is assisted by education and cultivation.”
― Xenophon
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Dr. Shades wrote:
Thu Jun 09, 2022 6:05 am
Bret Ripley wrote:
Wed Jun 08, 2022 2:06 pm
Frankly, this would not have been an easy one for me without the clue that it should be an easy one.
Hmm, that’s an interesting concept. Let’s test it again:

06-09-2022: I got today’s country on the very first try, too. But just like yesterday, it was so easy that I don’t think I have the right to brag about having done so.
I got it in one again, so hypothesis confirmed. If I understand correctly, the next step in developing this scientific discovery is to come up with a strategy to monetize it. Unfortunately, my go-to "financial advisor" for this sort of thing is otherwise occupied for another 6 to 8 years.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

That last one was too easy. Got it instantly on the first guess.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

got it on the first guess. Apparently, I know my flags and country shapes better than I know geographic locations.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:05 pm
got it on the first guess. Apparently, I know my flags and country shapes better than I know geographic locations.
Nice! I didn't do as well -- I needed 4 guesses today.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

I needed three. The flag looked familiar enough it put me in the right region. But I didn't know it so I guessed and was close. This is another one where, once known, seemed like I should have gotten it faster based on coastline and the first distance clue. Oh well. I do feel I'm getting better. The Globle today was a past guess of mine on Worldle which helped me get it in five.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

One guess again.
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Gunnar wrote:
Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:14 am
One guess again.
Wow, I'm impressed. I had no clue until the capital.
Bret Ripley
2nd Counselor

Post by Bret Ripley »

Yeah, the capital saved me as well. I was pretty lost until then.