2000 Mules - A Fiction by Dinesh D'Souza

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
canpakes
God

Re: 2000 Mules - A Fiction by Dinesh D'Souza

Post by canpakes »

Doctor Steuss wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:14 pm
And how else did Donald Trump get more votes than any other losing president
Out of pure curiosity, I went diving back through time (to Humphrey's loss).

Carter got more votes than any other losing President.
Mondale got more votes than any other losing President.
Bush Sr. got more votes than any other losing President.
Dole got more votes than any other losing President.
Gore got more votes than any other losing President.
Kerry got more votes than any other losing President.
McCain got more votes than any other losing President.
Romney got more votes than any other losing President.
Clinton got more votes than any other losing President.

and... Trump got more votes than any other losing President.

That’s so weird. It’s as if the population of the country … keeps increasing. o_O

I suspect population fraud.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:06 pm
I wouldn't say it proves voter fraud was significant enough to overturn the results of the 2020 election. But the idea that the 2020 election was the least fraudulent and cleanest election ever is the height of partisan propaganda. The video does demonstrate some real questions about ballot harvesting. Going out and pressuring people to vote or in many cases just voting in the name of old and demented people who wouldn't have otherwise voted is not right. We need a single election day with actual voter ID. Democrats using taxpayer or Soros money to go around and collect hundreds of votes from people who otherwise wouldn't have come to the polls is fraud and it's already illegal. Yes you can mail a few votes for your immediate family but not hundreds of people as the cell phone data shows is likely what the Democrat ground game was doing. How else did Joe Biden get 12 million more votes than Barack Obama? And how else did Donald Trump get more votes than any other losing president (more votes than he got in 2016)? It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see the big picture of what happened. It's just hard to nail it down beyond a reasonable doubt in the courtroom before partisan justices.
It amazes me how you can remain so stubbornly oblivious to what a pathologically dishonest and corrupt man Trump is. Despite what you still believe, there is practically zero evidence that there was widespread voter fraud in the 2020 election. Even Trump's appointees, Bill Barr and Chris Krebs, stoutly denied that there was. Krebs even went so far as to say it was the cleanest and most secure election in American History. Why would these Trump appointees and sycophants have lied about the election being fair and honest? Most of what little voter fraud was discovered was by Republicans voting for Trump, including one of Trump's chief co-conspirators, Mark Meadows, who was registered to vote in 3 states! Like it or not, this is pretty conclusively documented!

As if that was not already enough, there remains the fact that Trump consistently praised Putin and uncritically supported his lies, even after he invaded Ukraine. There is also the disturbing and suspicious fact that Trump had several private conversations with Putin, from which American translators were deliberately excluded, the content of which were deliberately withheld from any American officials, other than Trump, himself. Don't you find that even the least bit suspicious or problematic?

And we could easily make yet another whole new thread just about how egregiously Trump mishandled America's response to the covid-19 pandemic. Given the incontrovertible fact that our country, with only about 5% of the world's population, had more than 20% of the total cases and deaths from covid, there is simply no honest or rational possibility of escaping the conclusion that almost no national government on earth handled the pandemic worse than did the Trump administration!
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
Democrats using taxpayer or Soros money to go around and collect hundreds of votes from people who otherwise wouldn't have come to the polls is fraud and it's already illegal.

It’s fraud only if the folks listed on those ballots did not actually try to vote for the folks selected on their ballots.

Otherwise, what you are describing - “using taxpayer money to go around and collect hundreds of votes from people who otherwise wouldn't have come to the polls” - is exactly how the entire states of Utah and Oregon get ballots to the folks that count them … via the Post Office.

It’s even how Trump voted in the last election.
Doctor CamNC4Me
God

Post by Doctor CamNC4Me »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 10:02 pm
You’ll notice that “ethnic cleansing, Adolf Hitler’ was, once again, spectacularly wrong regarding his dumb as dog *** assertion/insinuation ref voters. Every_****ing_time.

-_-

- Doc
Oh my god. We’re all caught in an infinite recursion with our Loopy West Virginian.

- Doc
Hugh Nibley claimed he bumped into Adolf Hitler, Albert Einstein, Winston Churchill, Gertrude Stein, and the Grand Duke Vladimir Romanoff. Dishonesty is baked into Mormonism.
Gunnar
God

Post by Gunnar »

canpakes wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:41 pm
ajax18 wrote:
Democrats using taxpayer or Soros money to go around and collect hundreds of votes from people who otherwise wouldn't have come to the polls is fraud and it's already illegal.

It’s fraud only if the folks listed on those ballots did not actually try to vote for the folks selected on their ballots.

Otherwise, what you are describing - “using taxpayer money to go around and collect hundreds of votes from people who otherwise wouldn't have come to the polls” - is exactly how the entire states of Utah and Oregon get ballots to the folks that count them … via the Post Office.

It sometimes seems as if there is nothing that can possibly happen during a Democrat administration, whether good or bad, that ajax won't try to somehow spin into a criticism or condemnation of Democrats.
No precept or claim is more suspect or more likely to be false than one that can only be supported by invoking the claim of Divine authority for it--no matter who or what claims such authority.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

Gunnar wrote:
Fri May 13, 2022 12:02 am
canpakes wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 11:41 pm

It sometimes seems as if there is nothing that can possibly happen during a Democrat administration, whether good or bad, that ajax won't try to somehow spin into a criticism or condemnation of Democrats.

Currently, the most egregious offenses caused by the Biden Afministration are:

- Putin attacking Ukraine and causing oil prices to rise,
- Worldwide supply chain woes and inflation,
- The current Chinese zero-tolerance response to the coronavirus,
- Major infant formula maker Abbott discovering traces of the pathogen Cronobacter sakazakii in a Michigan plant, and recalling a crapload of formula.

Some folks are also convinced that Biden is responsible for a higher than normal pollen count, locusts, and how unbelievably crappy the tap water in Phoenix tastes.
Physics Guy
God

Post by Physics Guy »

I don’t even live in the country Biden serves as president but I've noticed a trend over his administration that really worries me, personally. I don't want to sensationalise this, but this is a real, practical issue for me, and it's serious. If things go on this way for long enough, it could get to a point where the damage is irreversible.

Back when Trump was in office? I was never this old.

Maybe I was only a year or two younger under Trump, but it’s a definite difference. At my birthday last year, the numbers were up. And they were up again this year, topping even my highest-ever from the previous year.

And frankly, I don’t see any signs of this stopping. I’m starting to believe that the longer Joe Biden stays in office, the older I’m going to get. I'm really afraid it's that simple.

We can argue back and forth forever over causes, but results are results. Younger under Trump, older under Biden. Once you’ve seen the pattern you can’t un-see it.
I was a teenager before it was cool.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
Thu May 12, 2022 8:56 pm
There were 27,660,088 more voting age Americans, and an increase of 4.9% in voting turnout between the two elections.
Perhaps the Pope's concerns over people not having kids anymore are unfounded. I predict that in spite of the horrendous results of Bidenflation, global wars, more COVID deaths than Trump, $6/gallon gas, the Democrats may actually gain some ground in the House and Senate and will certainly hold onto the presidency. The results of your policies don't matter as long as you keep the border open and unenforced. They'll be able to legalize more than enough low skilled, poorly educated, economic refugees, and new Democrat voters to hit Physics guys authoritarian home run without formally repealing all checks and balances. As I predicted many years ago, say good bye to your American standard of living. Say hello being just another Latin American country.
Are you trying to audition for the Babylon Bee? Or maybe trying to earn a leadership spot with your local Republican community? Your ability to spew idiotic talking points that have been well refuted by hard evidence is impressive.

We're still waiting for you to explain how Biden caused massive inflation around the globe. How sub $4 gasoline average amounts to $6. How you can disingenuously claim COVID deaths should only matter when Biden is President, because you sure as hell didn't care about it when Trump was. The fact is COVID started under Trump's watch and got worse because of his incompetence and his desire to retain personal power trumped his concern for American lives. Virtually everything you've ever predicted as been shown to be a fantasy. My standard of living has only increased, as has that of most Americans today who enjoy record wage increases that surpass the rate of inflation. And why should anyone care about anything you have to say about America when you just told us you're not even an American?
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Schreech
CTR A

Post by Schreech »

Speaking of vote harvesting:

“GOP staffers fired after possible ‘ballot harvesting’ operation found in Pa.”

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2022/05/g ... n-pa.html
Dr. Shades
Founder and Visionary

Post by Dr. Shades »

So, we all know that this documentary is fiction, but none of us have actually seen it. . . is that right?
"It’s ironic that the Church that people claim to be true, puts so much effort into hiding truths."
--I Have Questions, 01-25-2024