White Supremacist kills 10 in Buffalo Supermarket

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Moksha
God

Re: White Supremacist kills 10 in Buffalo Supermarket

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:15 pm
You can always make up a story about connections after the fact.
Ha! A sly reference to NHM.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace
ajax18
God

Post by ajax18 »

In any event, trying to claim that Tucker Carlson raising questions about how the large influx of illegal immigrants, how they vote, and what their values are, will effect the political map in the USA somehow makes him guilty of causing a crazy man to get a gun (which the current laws on the books should have prevented) drive to another town and kill people is defamation and simply an effort to censor people they disagree with politically. The left talks about how immigration will influence elections pretty regularly. Does that mean they're also pushing the great replacement theory. This shooter hated Fox News. If this is the new standard than Barack Obama and Eric Holder's false narrative that the police are racist and just out looking to harass and kill random black people should make them responsible for the 5 police officers one of their followers shot in Dallas, Texas.
And when the Confederates saw Jackson standing fearless like a stonewall, the army of Northern Virginia took courage and drove the federal army off their land.
Some Schmo
God

Post by Some Schmo »

Doctor CamNC4Me wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 5:01 am
And that’s just half the crap that was on ONE thread.
Talk about a chicken/egg situation. Which came first, the stupidity leading to racism, or the racism exposing the stupidity.

If you're being replaced, it's not because you're white, it's because you're a damned moron.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Chap
God

Post by Chap »

ajax18 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:17 pm
In any event, trying to claim that Tucker Carlson raising questions about how the large influx of illegal immigrants, how they vote, and what their values are, will effect the political map in the USA somehow makes him guilty of causing a crazy man to get a gun (which the current laws on the books should have prevented) drive to another town and kill people is defamation and simply an effort to censor people they disagree with politically.
Hmm. Well, if it is obvious that Fox News has nothing to worry about in terms of its having given large airtime to the Great Replacement Theory - why has Fox News said pretty well nothing about the GRT being the killer's prominently stated motive for going and killing all those innocent black people?

It does look rather as if they find the situation a little bit uncomfortable, surely?
Maksutov:
That's the problem with this supernatural stuff, it doesn't really solve anything. It's a placeholder for ignorance.
Mayan Elephant:
Not only have I denounced the Big Lie, I have denounced the Big lie big lie.
canpakes
God

Post by canpakes »

ajax18 wrote:
In any event, trying to claim that Tucker Carlson raising questions about how the large influx of illegal immigrants, how they vote, and what their values are, will effect the political map in the USA somehow makes him guilty of causing a crazy man to get a gun (which the current laws on the books should have prevented) drive to another town and kill people is defamation and simply an effort to censor people they disagree with politically.

It’s one thing to openly talk about the potential candidates or items of interest that legal immigrants will focus on. It’s quite another to continually push an idea that those immigrants are part of a vast conspiracy to eliminate white folks from the country.

The left talks about how immigration will influence elections pretty regularly. Does that mean they're also pushing the great replacement theory. This shooter hated Fox News. If this is the new standard than Barack Obama and Eric Holder's false narrative that the police are racist and just out looking to harass and kill random black people should make them responsible for the 5 police officers one of their followers shot in Dallas, Texas.

There can be legitimate concerns about the type and intensity of rhetoric. Rational folks acknowledge this. It’s how dictatorships are built and movements are fueled, and how people become motivated to do stupid and deadly crap.

Just last night, Mehmet Oz publicly acknowledged Sean Hannity for his support and how that affected turnout. How do you think that support manifested? Did Hannity just write an endorsement for Oz? ; )

https://Twitter.com/acyn/status/1526773 ... 55488?s=10
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Moksha wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:19 am
Res Ipsa wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 10:15 pm
You can always make up a story about connections after the fact.
I think NHM is a great example, my flightless friend. As is parallelomania. As is the Bible Code. What do you think are the odds that I could form an acrostic based on the fall of Moroni's trumpet that spells out Moksha? The M is is a cinch. M=Moroni. I can crib the S. The possibilities are endless.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

ajax18 wrote:
You're watering down what Carlson has actually done and it is disingenuous of you but expected. Carlson has pushed this white supremacy theory relentlessly over the years. Every time he does crap like this he tries to defend himself saying he's only "asking questions." No he isn't. He's making dogmatic pronouncements based on nothing more than his racist perspective as a white supremacist himself.

Tucker Carlson not only promoted the white nationalist “great replacement” theory, but repeatedly called on his audience to take action
The left talks about how immigration will influence elections pretty regularly.
No they don't, and you wouldn't know because you never watch news beyond Right Wing propaganda which basically lies to you about what the left says.
This shooter hated Fox News.
Evidence for this? Something beyond Tucker Carlson's say so. Carslon claimed the shooter hated FOX News based on his "manifesto" but FOX is nowhere mentioned in that.
If this is the new standard than Barack Obama and Eric Holder's false narrative that the police are racist and just out looking to harass and kill random black people should make them responsible for the 5 police officers one of their followers shot in Dallas, Texas.
Police across the country are racist. Hell, they're even KKK members in law enforcement. The FBI did a study demonstrating the massive influx of White Supremacists seeking positions in law enforcement. This isn't a debatable point, you're just too dishonest and racist to see what's actually true.

Tucker Carlson ‘Not Sure’ About Great Replacement Theory After Pushing It 400 Times
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

ajax18 wrote:
In any event, trying to claim that Tucker Carlson raising questions about how the large influx of illegal immigrants, how they vote, and what their values are, will effect the political map in the USA somehow makes him guilty of causing a crazy man to get a gun (which the current laws on the books should have prevented) drive to another town and kill people is defamation and simply an effort to censor people they disagree with politically. The left talks about how immigration will influence elections pretty regularly. Does that mean they're also pushing the great replacement theory. This shooter hated Fox News. If this is the new standard than Barack Obama and Eric Holder's false narrative that the police are racist and just out looking to harass and kill random black people should make them responsible for the 5 police officers one of their followers shot in Dallas, Texas.
That might be true, if what Tucker Carlson did was just raise some questions. That's not what he did. What he did was very similar to what Bill O''Reilly did with his crusade against "Tiller the Killer." He kept it up until he actually egged somebody on to execute Dr. Tiller in cold blood while he was attending church. This is a historical example of the game Tucker is playing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Will_no_o ... _priest%3F

It's not defamatory to observe that, when one uses a national media platform to whip up hatred, anger and resentment, one should not be surprised when that motivates someone to act violently. in my opinion, Tucker knows he is playing with fire, but hey, ratings and making bank is all that really matters.

And neither Holder nor Obama never said anything close to what you described, let alone ranted about it day after day after day after day on national TV.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
K Graham
God

Post by K Graham »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 6:58 am
Kevin, none of what you posted addresses the plain meaning of "personal attack." None of it changes the fact that what you are doing over and over and over again is attacking Ajax as a person rather than respond to the substance of his posts. We've discussed how to apply the personal attack rule, especially in light of the flood of reports we received about personal attacks by Atlanticmike and Binger. We're applying the rule as consistently as we can. If you look at some of the actions we took based on reports of personal attacks over the past few months, it would be wildly inconsistent to make an exception for attacking Ajax the person by repeatedly calling him a Nazi.
I can concede calling him a Nazi could be a personal attack, but I don't always call him a Nazi. You've warned me even about alluding to his past on Stormfront which isn't a personal attack, it is just stating a fact. And you never answered the question. Is it always a "personal attack" to call a Nazi a Nazi?
We rely mostly on reports, especially when it comes to personal attacks. If you reported a personal attack on you and you think we made the wrong call, I'd be happy to start a discussion on it in the mod forum. If you want to report past attacks now, please report the post (but not posts before we became the mod team) and we'll take a look. That's the deal everyone gets.
I'm not sure I've ever reported anything except maybe once as a joke. So why are you acting like this is about my reports going unanswered? I'm pointing out how your concept of personal attack is one of your own making. The fact that other mods agree with you doesn't change that fact. It didn't apply on this board for more than a decade with previous mods and I highly doubt Shades would agree with it either.
In the past, you would have been able to appeal to Shades. Unfortunately, that's no longer available. If you're regretting what you wished for, I'd suggest asking Shades to resume his role as head moderator.
I only mentioned Shades because you brought him up.

What I wished for??
"I am not an American ... In my view premarital sex should be illegal" - Ajax18
Moksha
God

Post by Moksha »

Res Ipsa wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 3:16 pm
Moksha wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 10:19 am

I think NHM is a great example, my flightless friend. As is parallelomania. As is the Bible Code. What do you think are the odds that I could form an acrostic based on the fall of Moroni's trumpet that spells out Moksha? The M is is a cinch. M=Moroni. I can crib the S. The possibilities are endless.
You make it sound like proving Moksha true is an easy matter.
Cry Heaven and let loose the Penguins of Peace