Paradise Split from: ThisAndThat

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Some Schmo
God

Re: Paradise Split from: ThisAndThat

Post by Some Schmo »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 7:26 am
Again... if right wingers don't like being called stupid, they should quit repeating stupid things.

But I honestly believe they like being called stupid because it helps fuel their hate for everyone who isn't as stupid as they are (and if you can't help being stupid, you might as well embrace it, I suppose). They keep repeating things like the idiot question in this picture, so they either have to actually be stupid enough to think it a serious question or have no problem appearing that stupid in public.

It occurs to me that they don't really value intelligence generally, likely because it interferes with their idiot goals.
Religion is for people whose existential fear is greater than their common sense.

The god idea is popular with desperate people.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Really :lol: So, you think an avatar such as yours shows intelligence? To the contrary I assure you. :lol:
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

https://thegoptimes.com/john-mccain-dea ... STER_2022=

"There are still 1,584 unaccounted-for Americans Lost in the Vietnam War, 1,244 in Vietnam itself, others in Laos, Cambodia, China, and some 470 “non-recoverable”. The fall of Saigon took place on April 30, 1975, at which point all American POWs should’ve been long before repatriated, the U.S. under President Nixon having promised $.3.25 Billion in aid “without any political conditions.” which was dependent upon Congressional approval, an approval that would never come.

History records that the repatriation of 591 American POWs held by the North Vietnamese Army, Viet Cong, and their allies concluded in April 1973 under the terms of the Paris accord. When the money never arrived, the flow of POWs home stopped and the Vietnamese insisted they would make no further efforts until they received the money they felt promised. “Postwar reconstruction aid” became a ransom. Nixon and Henry Kissinger denied for decades that the aid was “unconditional”, but rather was conditioned on several terms all of which Hanoi violated. Kissinger famously told Congress in 1976 “We owe them nothing,”