Paradise Split from: ThisAndThat

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
huckelberry
God

Paradise Split from: ThisAndThat

Post by huckelberry »

Elizabeth posts as though she is a complete fake. She presents no thoughts of her own but copies pieces of church statements. These appear to be a false front for malignant Nazi propaganda. She may have no real Nazi sympathies. May have no real sympathies at all but is instead a fake front whose sole purpose is to sow discord . Might as well be KGB or being used as one..... useful idiot.
Last edited by huckelberry on Tue May 17, 2022 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Res Ipsa
God

Re: Paradise Split from: ThisAndThat

Post by Res Ipsa »

Thread split and split moved to Paradise, FR 2.
he/him
When I go to sea, don’t fear for me. Fear for the storm.

Jessica Best, Fear for the Storm. From The Strange Case of the Starship Iris.
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Huck, I obviously cannot vouch for the authenticity of any given poster. I've run into folks from time to time who are so obsessed with the evils of communism that they end up defending Hitler. Elizabeth's posts remind me of those folks. I'll bet you find that if Elizabeth continues to share her views of Hitler, you'll find that they are rooted in anti-communism. There has been a longstanding connection between what we used to call the extreme "Bircher" wing of the right and some LDS members and leaders. Think Cleon Skousen and Ezra Taft Benson. I don't quite get why believing that Stalin was evil requires a defense of Hitler, but it's a position some people hold. I think both individuals qualify for the Evil Authoritarian Hall of Fame. I don't know why there are limited slots available.
he/him

huckelberry
God

Post by huckelberry »

Res Ipsa, My comments about the poster Elizabeth are only a speculative theory. There is substantial room for it to be incorrect. I would be more assured that it is an error if more focused comments and dialogue happen. It is partly the disorganized centerless quality that makes me wonder if it is real.

I remember Benson Bircherism. I do not remember any defense of HItler involved. It is possible I was not deeply enough connected to become aware of such a thing. I had a seminary teacher who became a Birch enthusiast. He was pretty outspoken about his views yet expressed no support of Hitler.

Yes both Hitler and Stalin were very bad men. Both had political systems based upon deeply corrupted ideals.
A further thought. I remember LDS relatives with passionate conservative views who were very vocal about them. I imagined nothing about the ET Benson wing would surprise me. I could see it as extreme, paranoid but coherent.It has principals. To flock with Hitler lacks principals and is to me a shock. I have difficulty thinking of it as other than a fake position.

''''''
Maybe there is more ignorance about Hitler. In say 1965 there were more people with first hand experience. Speaking support of HItler could get a person into a fight.
Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Yes Res Ipsa, Cleon Skousen and Ezra Taft Benson are certainly men to be admired. :)
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 12:01 am
Yes Res Ipsa, Cleon Skousen and Ezra Taft Benson are certainly men to be admired. :)
Why?
he/him

Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Many many reasons, you should know, and which I have no time to elaborate on. :D
Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

Elizabeth wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 1:18 am
Many many reasons, you should know, and which I have no time to elaborate on. :D
There is no reason why I should know how many reasons you have or what they are. :lol:
he/him

Elizabeth
Stake President

Post by Elizabeth »

Res Ipsa
God

Post by Res Ipsa »

I'm guessing tanks, missles, bombs, mobile cremation vehicles. Just a thought.
he/him