Reading Group Nominations: 1st Read

The Off-Topic forum for anything non-LDS related, such as sports or politics. Rated PG through PG-13.
Jersey Girl
God

Re: Reading Group Nominations: 1st Read

Post by Jersey Girl »

honor I want to vote for one of the books but if it's chosen right now, I won't have time for it. What should I do? Wait and see?

I know that if you happen to do it right now, I can always go back over the thread as time permits.

Do you want us to vote so you know which books are of interest? Tell me how to proceed.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Hi Jersey Girl,
Vote for the one that interests you. If you can start with the group, awesome. If not, that is ok.

Preferably once the book is selected then the moderator would help identify the reading schedule. I've found getting started is the hardest step and benefits from taking the momentum of book selection quickly into reading. The first discussion session would ideally occur no later than two weeks from the selection date to give time to pick up the book/find it at a library/download it. Then aim for something regular like weekly or biweekly for other discussions. Finding what works for the group can take a book or two but groups typically find their pace that works and it becomes easier for moderation to identify how to divide the reading up.
Jersey Girl
God

Post by Jersey Girl »

honorentheos wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:18 am
Hi Jersey Girl,
Vote for the one that interests you. If you can start with the group, awesome. If not, that is ok.

Preferably once the book is selected then the moderator would help identify the reading schedule. I've found getting started is the hardest step and benefits from taking the momentum of book selection quickly into reading. The first discussion session would ideally occur no later than two weeks from the selection date to give time to pick up the book/find it at a library/download it. Then aim for something regular like weekly or biweekly for other discussions. Finding what works for the group can take a book or two but groups typically find their pace that works and it becomes easier for moderation to identify how to divide the reading up.
Yes I agree about the getting started, honor. I hosted a book group on an LDS board years ago.

Thanks, I'll vote now.
We only get stronger when we are lifting something that is heavier than what we are used to. ~ KF

Slava Ukraini!
Philo Sofee
God

Post by Philo Sofee »

I am late to the party, so, which book was selected and I shall try and jump on it and jump on in here. THIS is a terrific idea. In other words, I wanna come play in the sandbox with my friends... :D
honorentheos
God

Post by honorentheos »

Hi Philo,
Glad to hear you're in! Voting on book selection is still ongoing to give people a chance to vote. There is a thread with the poll here:

viewtopic.php?p=2783259#p2783259

I'll bump it as well.